http://bg-archive.minmaxforum.com
February 25, 2018, 07:52:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here http://minmaxforum.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite published adventures?  (Read 1294 times)
Libertad
Ring-Tailed Lemur

« on: October 16, 2011, 10:39:08 PM »

Way back in 2004-2006 I played a lot of adventure paths.  As a newbie DM I enjoyed Dungeon Magazine's adventures, especially the Shackled City Adventure Path hardcover.

I didn't have to spend hours designing an adventure for my weekly games, and I had an entire campaign to run from 1st-20th level.

A large part is due to nostalgic value, as well as the central city-based campaign design.  The
near-destruction of the city near the end and the final adventures detailing the fall of the Cagewrights at the hands of the adventurers
led to a thematic scaling of events.  By the high levels things began to feel epic.

How about you folks?  Does any adventure/adventure path stick out in your mind for its excellence and fun?
illy-d
Ring-Tailed Lemur

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 11:24:02 PM »

I played the Curse of the Crimson Throne and really enjoyed it.
ZeroSpace
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 07:09:20 PM »

Have yet to play through it all the way, but Red Hand of Doom is pretty good, as it plays in that sweet spot of levels(5-10), and needs only a small amount of upgrading to keep it challenging for strong/smart players. That, and some of the fights are damn well epic in feel.

YAY! I get to go to the SPECIAL hell!

"The picks aren't breaking through, sir!"
"Alright men, time to break out the greatswords!"

"You may not make money being a bad-ass!"
-My DM
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: