Author Topic: The beginnings of a complete list of good/Great/AWESOME spells from all sources.  (Read 45682 times)

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
Yes, but it blocks LoE, preventing any attack from entering.  And it's small enough that only tiny and smaller enemies could teleport within to get at you.  While it may not be a perfect defense, it is still a potent one.
Potent in certain situations, but not very good in most.  It's just too niche of a spell, and honestly the vulnerability to Dispel Magic is way more important than a vulnerability to Disintegrate (remember, Dispel Magic hits just about everything, while Disintegrate can either destroy a Wall of Force or work as a sub-par blasting spell).

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
  • Lord of the Kitchen Sink
spells would be handy to have too.
waay back!

Awesome, you rock! Do you happen to know how up to date those files are ?
here is the latest one, before they took down the basic classes section, from feb 2010
My (sometimes offensive) Web Comic Faux Blast
Can you find the Wumpus? (Hint: start with the spoiler....)
[spoiler] :beathorse [/spoiler]
...........  :joystick

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
thank you kindly, that will be very helpful.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
Arrowsplit (Champions of Ruin)
Body Outside Body (Complete Arcane)
Curse of the Putrid Husk, Lahm's Finger Darts, and Apocalypse from the Sky (BoVD)

P.S.- I'm typing up a word doc with ALL the spell descriptions for 3.x in all official books + Dragon/Dungeon magazines.

Would that help?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 02:04:09 AM by zook1shoe »

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
P.S.- I'm typing up a word doc with ALL the spell descriptions for 3.x in all official books + Dragon/Dungeon magazines.

Would that help?
:blink
That would be awesome.  :bigeye
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
*grins* yeah I'm prob 90% done with stuff. Still need a dozen or so books typed up and erratas

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
It would be even better if it were on a wiki.... :D

Which of the million wikis? :P

CustosTheFluffy

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Something witty will one day go here....
    • Email
If only we had a BG/Min-Max wiki. And someone with no life to compile it. Ah, to dream.

Aliek

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
If only we had a BG/Min-Max wiki. And someone with no life to compile it. Ah, to dream.

Now *THAT* would be truly awesome.

This list will come in very handy, I must say. For newcomers to the world of min-max like me, they'll find many new spells, and even old-timers will find some gems they missed. Loved it.

~Aliek

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
I am impressed so far.

Also I encourage everyone compiling large projects to post incrementally ... just in case you get too frustrated to ever want to look at it again ;)

Freezing Glance (Enchantment [Cold], Sor/Wiz 6) - Incredibly potent crowd control spell that, once per round, allows you to force a creature to make a saving throw or become effectively paralyzed for 1 minute per level.  They can only attempt saves to break this effect after being attacked.

Also notable for being one of the few non-Mind-Affecting Enchantment spells. Looking through IMarvinTPA's spell database indicates that there are only 13 such spells out of the 204 Enchantment spells listed.
[spoiler]
Addiction (BoVD)
Anathema (CoR)
Drug Resistance (BoVD)
Evil Eye (BoVD)
Freezing Glance (FB)
Masochism (BoVD)
Proud Arrogance (RoD)
Ray of Hope (BoED)
Sacrificial Skill (BoVD)
Sadism (BoVD)
Sap Strength (BoVD)
Spread of Savagery (BoVD)
Wave of Grief (CD)
[/spoiler]
the last one atleast is MA

And wait, is this (in the SRD) fluff or a rule: "All enchantments are mind-affecting spells"? Probably not relevant since charm and compulsion effects are obviously 'influence' on thoughts thus blocked by mind blank

Let's see if I can add some spells I use often, but don't see mentioned often:
2 - Whispercast (LoM), Shroud of Undeath (SpC)
3 - Permeable Form (LoM)
4 - Ice Shield (Frostburn), Pronouncement of Fate (HoH), Suppressing Field (CM)
6 - Warp Destiny (RoD), Freezing Glance (Frostburn)
7 - Pact of Return (HoH)
9 - Choose Destiny (RoD)

There's also lots of nice gems in BoED, my favorite one giving an ally (or party, for the higher level version) Resist 50% damage from any source.
Not useful. Didn't you see the OP actually explaining the spells?

Also Suppressing Field doesn't exist in CM, nor in the imarvintpa index
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

nijineko

• King Kong
*grins* yeah I'm prob 90% done with stuff. Still need a dozen or so books typed up and erratas

I have ocr of most of the books, as I own most of the books....

Well... 65 or so. ^^
Never game alone again!

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
I owned hard copies of all but the adventures, but am down to about 2/3 of my original collection due to needing $ badly

nijineko

• King Kong
i know your pain... i look forward to your master spellist! please keep me informed.
Never game alone again!

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
I'm not sure if I want to add rokugan, kalamar, dragonlance, and other "officially licensed" products

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
Let's see if I can add some spells I use often, but don't see mentioned often:
2 - Whispercast (LoM), Shroud of Undeath (SpC)
3 - Permeable Form (LoM)
4 - Ice Shield (Frostburn), Pronouncement of Fate (HoH), Suppressing Field (CM)
6 - Warp Destiny (RoD), Freezing Glance (Frostburn)
7 - Pact of Return (HoH)
9 - Choose Destiny (RoD)

There's also lots of nice gems in BoED, my favorite one giving an ally (or party, for the higher level version) Resist 50% damage from any source.
Not useful. Didn't you see the OP actually explaining the spells?

Also Suppressing Field doesn't exist in CM, nor in the imarvintpa index

Otiluke's Suppressing / Impressing Field is in Complete Mage. Not sure which spell name was intended. Blocks a single school of magic or subtype in a 20' radius.

I'm not sure which spell is suppressed when this Field (blocking Abjuration) overlaps with an AMF.

Merkwerdigeliebe

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Otiluke's Suppressing / Impressing Field is in Complete Mage. Not sure which spell name was intended. Blocks a single school of magic or subtype in a 20' radius.

I'm not sure which spell is suppressed when this Field (blocking Abjuration) overlaps with an AMF.

Suppressing Field is also an Abjuration, so that would be amusing.

SRD:
Two or more antimagic fields sharing any of the same space have no effect on each other.

Supressing Field is like a mini-AMF, so that would probably be my interpretation.

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
What happens if you make an item of continuous AMF?  Would a paradox happen when it tried to suppress itself and tear a hole to the astral plane?
Burn all the microfiche!  Firebomb all the 8-tracks!

I'm not just a druid -- I'm a singing, dancing, Broadway druid.

[spoiler]
Quote from: PhaedrusXY
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
What happens if you make an item of continuous AMF?  Would a paradox happen when it tried to suppress itself and tear a hole to the astral plane?
In my games, such items short-circuit and burn out.  Kinda like what happens when you attach all four connections of jumper cables to batteries.