Author Topic: help with a paladin race/feats/template.  (Read 3483 times)

TryMeIke

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
help with a paladin race/feats/template.
« on: October 15, 2011, 03:14:12 PM »
alright. I am playing a 3.5 game and got REALLY lucky on my rolls. I am wondering if I could have any help on playing an optimized paladin with these base stats:

Str: 18
Dex: 12
Con: 18
Int: 14
Wis and Cha: 18.

any race/feat/template suggestions for optimizing my paladin?

edit: we're allowed to start with 2 magic items of our choice as long as they are non-epic. anything I could get that increases all my stats/ caster level when I get spells? I'm thinking belt of magnificnce +6 and bead of karma. any other suggestions?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 03:20:17 PM by TryMeIke »

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: help with a paladin race/feats/template.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 03:31:04 PM »
Books allowed?  Level?  Rest of party?
Burn all the microfiche!  Firebomb all the 8-tracks!

I'm not just a druid -- I'm a singing, dancing, Broadway druid.

[spoiler]
Quote from: PhaedrusXY
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]

TryMeIke

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 03:34:41 PM »
Books allowed?  Level?  Rest of party?

starting level one, and all books. I dunno what the rest of the party is doing. however, I only have player's handbook, complete arcane, complete adventurer, dragon magic, spell compendium, monster manual and monster manual 2. I was thinking of going half-ceilestial, cuz paladins don't lose that much from it and we get to pay off level adjustment and only get half level adjustment to begin with. does that sound good? this is my first time playing.

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 03:40:07 PM »
OK, you should post this over in the main Min/Max It! forum.  Some more questions:  Why do you want to play a paladin?  What is it that you like about the class?  How comfortable are you with the rules system?

[spoiler]
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]

TryMeIke

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 03:42:41 PM »
OK, you should post this over in the main Min/Max It! forum.  Some more questions:  Why do you want to play a paladin?  What is it that you like about the class?  How comfortable are you with the rules system?

okay, how do I switch it to the min/max forum? I feel fairly comfortable with the rules, since I am a D&D fan and collect books, and I like the feel of holy warrior a paladin is supposed to be.

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 03:47:28 PM »
You can either just make a new topic over there with the info in this one, or contact a moderator to move it.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

TryMeIke

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 03:47:58 PM »
You can either just make a new topic over there with the info in this one, or contact a moderator to move it.

okay.