Author Topic: I just noticed this about the tiers.  (Read 25584 times)

Halinn

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: I just noticed this about the tiers.
« Reply #160 on: October 18, 2011, 02:44:03 PM »
And if this disparity in rearranging reality to suit your whims or dodging the inconvenient bits of it is well and good for a primary caster vs a half caster that does other things too, should a similar disparity between a focused, full BAB war machine and a 1/2 or 3/4 BAB individual that does other things be so objectionable?

But while something to address that would be good for the barbarians and fighters, it leaves monks, rogues and other 3/4 BAB classes worse off in combat. Not to mention the fact that BAB is not hard to acquire with casters. Besides divine power, a lot of full BAB prestige classes exist.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #161 on: October 18, 2011, 03:31:46 PM »
3/4 BAB classes tend to have a secondary gimmick as well(unless they're casters, then it just happens to be another item in the bag), and for the most part, these tricks put them in good stead anyway, they hit harder already. Those classes, if they have a gap, its in their own particular gimmick.

But of course, you don't change anything as basic as BAB without system wide repercussions.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2011, 05:18:41 PM »
As veekie says.

Though making full BAB, not even equal to, but just mentioned in the same breath as full casting, is itself a system-wide repercussion.  Consequently, of course anything intended to make base attack a serious power source is going to have system-wide repercussions if it does its job.

As it is, all it's really good for is meeting requirements for certain feats/PrCs.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 05:20:25 PM by weenog »
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

lans

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2011, 12:46:04 AM »
Not to mention the fact that BAB is not hard to acquire with casters. Besides divine power, a lot of full BAB prestige classes exist.

Ooh, ooh, as long as we're completely rehauling BAB we also rehaul things that give BAB.
Skill prodigy from Kingdoms of Kalamar

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2011, 02:50:59 AM »
PrCs that give BAB aren't so bad(unless its at no cost anyway, with full progression of casting). Divine Power and spells like it are easy to fix. Just replace the BAB substitution with a typed bonus and give an extra attack if necessary.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."