Author Topic: [D&D 3.5] ECL 10+ Campaign  (Read 31321 times)

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
Re: [D&D 3.5] ECL 10+ Campaign
« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2011, 04:29:42 PM »
Harold - Dont take this the wrong way but get off my build bro  :P  Find your own rules abuse, or save this little gem for a game when Im not already doing it  :D

Percival - its 32pt buy, in my post I have it linked to the invisible castle. My final stats are after adding the templates and races and adjustments for levels

DrHorrible - Wow looks awesome  :devil
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:44:11 PM by dna1 »
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

Harald

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2011, 04:57:25 PM »
I won't take it the wrong way, but get my name right please ;). I'll go back to "normal" pixie- DFA then.

The character is almost ready, I only need to do items, background and name.

EDIT : here she is with items. 185 459 gc spent, got some change for expendables. Just need a name, a personnality and a background.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=339698
Female L-E Pixie  Marshal 1/ Dragonfire Adept 10, Init +7 (+14 with Marshall Aura), HP 100/100, DR 10/Cold Iron & 2/magic, Speed 20 ft /60 ft (flight. good manoeuvrability)
AC34, Touch 18, Flat-footed 27, Fort +15, Ref +10, Will +13, Base Attack Bonus +7 melee, +11 ranged  
Abilities Str 8 , Dex 20, Con 18, Int 18, Wis 16, Cha 20 (Add +4 everywhere thanks to Belt of Magnificence).
Feats :
Dodge, Weapon Finesse (Pixie feats) ;
Dragontouched (DFA 1); Skill Focus (Diplomancy) (Marshall 1);
Draconic heritage (black dragon) (Flaws : Shaky);
Entangling Exhalation (1rst), Flyby Attack (3rd), Quick Reconnoiter(6th), Extra Invocation( 9th). Later : Darkstalker  (12th), Mindsight (15th) Improved Flight(18th)
Invocations : Magic Insight (1st), Endure Exposure (3rd), Voracious Dispelling (6th), Charm (8th), See the Unseen (Extra Invocation).
Breathes : Frost Breath (2nd), Slow Breath (5th), Sleep Breath (10th). 5d6 dmg per breathe (6d6 thanks to Dragon Spirit Cincture).
Weapon : +1 Adamantine Dagger.
what can she do :
- scouting. Flying, Greater Invisibility, Darkvision, Low light vision, High Hide, Spot & Listen. Ever vigilant thanks to Quick Reconnoiter, later, hard to detect thanks to Darkstalker. always on : See Invisibility, Detect Magic.
- can be a Face thanks to Charm, high diplomacy & high Charisma.
- battlefield control :Entangling Exhalations & Slow or Sleep Breath.
- AOE : 6d6 breathes at will. Can and will immune all party members against their effects beforehand, to breathe freely.
- party enhancer : thanks to Motivate Dexterity, she provides +7 Bonus on Dexterity checks, Dexterity-based skill checks, and initiative checks on every party member, including herself, in a 60 feet radius.
- need no weapons & got UMD, thus, can use wands to help the party.

items purposes :
- cheap cover and way to communicate/show off in the air (eversmoking bottle)
- breath improval.
- protection from clairaudience/clairvoyance.
- good protection, including ethereal foes.
- for her weapon, in case of can opener. won't be used much !

Any remarks, suggestions, criticisms ?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 09:38:42 AM by Harald »

DrHorrible

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • The awesomest ever.
    • ItaSA
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2011, 07:00:35 PM »
Considering the party would be well-covered on the divine side and i can't have the Seismosaurus I always desired, do you think a Whisper Gnome Rogue 5/Mountebank 3/Charlatan 5/Exemplar 1/Duelist 1 could prove useful?

With something like that I'd end up hitting a low-forties AC (pre-buffs) and without considering the possibility of +X skill items I'd end up around a +50 on Bluff checks, that's not bad. Plus, the fun of playing a con master.

I guess the character could also handle stealth to some extent.

Believe.

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2011, 07:52:50 PM »
So, my dudes would be covering all the casting, basically?  Plus the possibility (if she's in) of Shiki's DNRS?

BTW, any critiques on the builds?
Burn all the microfiche!  Firebomb all the 8-tracks!

I'm not just a druid -- I'm a singing, dancing, Broadway druid.

[spoiler]
Quote from: PhaedrusXY
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]

DrHorrible

• The awesomest ever.
    • ItaSA
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2011, 08:03:41 PM »
Not necessarily. I haven't abandoned my Cleric idea yet, it's just that upon discovering that I couldn't take a Seismosaurus my enthusiasm faded a little.

Yeah, I know, sounds stupid but I actually care a lot about that kinda crap so I wanted to see what you thought about my other idea.

Now, seeing Harald pixie I know my rogue would probably be overstealthed but it would still be a fun character to play even though I don't how much useful it could prove to the party...

Believe.

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2011, 08:31:51 PM »
Well, it seems (from the description) that we'll be facing armies.  What's your plan on dealing with armies?  :)

[spoiler]
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]

DrHorrible

• The awesomest ever.
    • ItaSA
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2011, 08:45:35 PM »
Well, it seems (from the description) that we'll be facing armies.  What's your plan on dealing with armies?  :)

Running for the hills, I guess.

:lmao

Maybe, in the end, the Charlatan is not a character well-suited for this kinda campaign, I guess.

:(
Believe.

einherjar

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.
« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2011, 08:47:27 PM »
I wanted to limit it to five players, but if we're down to six people who want in, I guess I could squeeze everyone in...
Till we meet again in Valhalla...

einherjar

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2011, 08:49:36 PM »

Running for the hills, I guess.

:lmao

Maybe, in the end, the Charlatan is not a character well-suited for this kinda campaign, I guess.

:(
You could make an impassioned plea for peace. :P
Till we meet again in Valhalla...

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2011, 08:49:51 PM »
Sooo... with an unlimited supply of willing thrall sacrifices and an ur-priest/anima mage, I could theoretically use dark craft to make whatever I want and completely ignore WBL for the whole party.

I'm not going to do that.

What I propose (since that sort of thing IS in my character's history and personality), is instead to offer this alternative, subject to DM approval of course: I can produce one NON-GAME-BREAKING custom item for each party member, separate from WBL, also subject to DM approval.

Thoughts?

I will make a few more custom items for myself (ALSO subject to DM approval), but they will be pretty minor, and I'm going to basically just charge myself half price for them and use dark craft to cover the xp.

Does anyone have an issues with this, or any suggestions for tweaks to the plan?

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

DrHorrible

• The awesomest ever.
    • ItaSA
    • Email
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2011, 09:14:39 PM »
Wait! There's still a way! I could use a Hellwasp Swarm to control a Seismosaurus!

Jurassicleric is back.
Believe.

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2011, 09:16:44 PM »
Are you taking Dark Speech to make your Hellwasp Swarm borked??   :devil

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

DrHorrible

• The awesomest ever.
    • ItaSA
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: October 25, 2011, 10:21:55 PM »
Are you taking Dark Speech to make your Hellwasp Swarm borked??   :devil

I don't have any feat spot left. :/

So... this is my crew:

[SIZE=+1]Vesperia[/SIZE][/URL]
  N-E Awakened Skeleton Hellwasp  , Level  , Init +11, HP 114/114, DR 5/Bludgeoning, Speed 10 ft/30 ft
AC 21, Touch 21, Flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +11, Will +8, Base Attack Bonus 6   
Poison: Injury, Fortitude DC 18, initial and secondary damage 1d6 Dex. Swarm    (3d6,  )
 (+7 Dex, +4 Size)
Abilities Str 1, Dex 24, Con -, Int 6, Wis 10, Cha 1
Condition Used to take control of a Seismosaurus.

[SIZE=+1]Rexy[/SIZE][/URL]
Male N-E Awakened Skeleton T-Rex  , Level  , Init +6, HP 171/171, DR 5/Bludgeoning, Speed 40 ft
AC 10, Touch 10, Flat-footed 8, Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +11, Base Attack Bonus 9   
  Bite +19 (3d6+16, x2)
 (+2 Dex, -2 Size)
Abilities Str 32, Dex 14, Con -, Int 2, Wis 10, Cha 1
Condition None

[SIZE=+1]Littlefoot[/SIZE][/URL]
Male N-M Awakened Zombie Seismosaurus  , Level  , Init -2, HP 304/304, DR 5/slashing, Speed 20 ft
AC 11, Touch 0, Flat-footed 11, Fort +10, Ref +8, Will +17, Base Attack Bonus 16   
  Tail Slap +26 (8d8+27, x2)
  Slam +26 (4d6+27, x2)
 (-2 Dex, -8 Size, +11 Natural)
Abilities Str 46, Dex 7, Con -, Int 1, Wis 10, Cha 1
Condition None

I'm also working on a 10-headed hydra that would fill my last 10 HD. It's either that or a shadow. Probably a shadow.

Believe.

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2011, 10:27:32 PM »
Wow all your guy's characters are pretty crazy  :P   Im going to have a hard time keeping up haha.

Harald - Thanks buddy  :D
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

Harald

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2011, 06:10:30 AM »
you're welcome, dna1. ;) with the symbiote, your Runescarred Berzerker is quite crazy too !

Jurassicleric is indeed awesome. Now, we should find a way to "clever-girl" armies with a zombie T-Rex and a Seismosaurus...  :smirk

DrHorrible

• The awesomest ever.
    • ItaSA
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2011, 08:05:31 AM »
Here's my last friend:

[SIZE=+1]First[/SIZE][/URL]
  C-E Shadow, Greater  , Level  , Init +2, HP 85/85, Speed 
AC 14, Touch 14, Flat-footed 12, Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +6, Base Attack Bonus 4   
  Incorporeal touch +6 (1d8 Str,  )
 (+2 Dex, +2 Deflect)
Abilities Str 0, Dex 15, Con -, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 14
Condition None
Believe.

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2011, 08:29:52 AM »
I made an evil Rainbow Servant variant here, based on being a servant of nagas instead of coatls. Feel free to use/adapt it as you need.
This looks quite good.

einherjar, what's your say on this one? Do I use PhaedrusXY's one or do I simply go and switch detect evil for detect good, extra domain (Good) for extra domain (Evil), grow wings for a more fitting (the looks) way of flight, and something else than detect thoughts
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

DrHorrible

• The awesomest ever.
    • ItaSA
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: October 26, 2011, 08:33:26 AM »
I made an evil Rainbow Servant variant here, based on being a servant of nagas instead of coatls. Feel free to use/adapt it as you need.
This looks quite good.

einherjar, what's your say on this one? Do I use PhaedrusXY's one or do I simply go and switch detect evil for detect good, extra domain (Good) for extra domain (Evil), grow wings for a more fitting (the looks) way of flight, and something else than detect thoughts

Maybe a Succubus could be a good fit.

Believe.

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #158 on: October 26, 2011, 08:43:58 AM »
^They're CE though; this char's supposed to be a vowing LE. Being LE also let me get Sword of the Arcane Order (which is wtf good) with Azuth as patron Deity.
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

Harald

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #159 on: October 26, 2011, 09:07:10 AM »
then, an Erinyes ? it's "only" +10 cha, but you got true seeing continuously, greater teleport, charm-monster at will, and telepathy.
anyway, if you use this or a succubus, I will need to swap Charm from my invocation, you will have telepathy and charm monster at will.  i'll get an other invocation instead, like Humanoid Shape or Voidsense.