Author Topic: Help Me Build - Low Fantasy Assassin  (Read 1382 times)

michalius

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Help Me Build - Low Fantasy Assassin
« on: October 14, 2011, 03:56:22 PM »
So, starting a campaign using the 3.5 rules, but the setting will be Mordheim in the Warhammer world. Warhammer is a lot more low-fantasy than the D&D world, where magic users are like 1:50,000 rather than 1:5. My character will be modeled after the imperial assassin. I think a lot of the basic assassin spells can be RP'd out as some sort of ability. In addition, it would be awesome for me to work in some ranged ability, was thinking about going for the Hand Crossbow/Crossbow Sniper, maybe with a Scout 3/Swash 3 entry to Assassin. Not looking to build something crazy powerful, but to make do with as little magic as possible and still make a very viable character. Thanks for the help!

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Help Me Build - Low Fantasy Assassin
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 06:46:09 PM »
Go straight factotum. Gnomish quickrazor proficiency, Iajutsu focus, and Font of Inspiration pretty much ensure any lower level assassination attempt.

I just noticed this is the third thread I've posted in today that was me suggesting factotum.

Bester

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 08:01:02 PM »
I just noticed this is the third thread I've posted in today that was me suggesting factotum.

It is the everyman class after all.  Now if only I could get it and FoI approved for an upcoming Pathfinder only game.  I've been finding its mechanics sneaking into many of the PF classes, like monk (ki points), and magus.  I wonder if it has anything to do with the author?(sarcasm)

michalius, a factotum makes an awesome archer if you take knowledge devotion and many shot.  They also have very good one hit sniping with their pseudo sneak attack (more so with FoI).  Bows are always better in 3.5 than crossbows.  You should take a look at the Factotum handbook, archery guide, and tiers for classes in the handbook section.

michalius

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 03:14:30 PM »
So I looked up the Factotum, and it was a bit too magicky for my liking. This is going to be a really really low magic campaign. What I opted for, is going 1 Rogue/2-4 Swash/5-6 Rogue/7Assassin. Feats are - Two Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse (from Swash), Hand X-Bow Focus,(the feat that allows you to Sneak Attack on a Bluff check....), Daring Outlaw, and at 9th I'll take Cold Blooded Killer.

That look good to other folks?