Author Topic: Build help!  (Read 4797 times)

KolyaMollari

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Build help!
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2011, 08:36:06 AM »
an 8 level dip into Factotum seems like the smartest play here. still retain 12 lvls of swift hunter progression with a higher bonus to atk, and a travel devotion like ability (even though there's fewer c
use per day). Thank you all!

nightshade

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 01:57:16 PM »
Don't switch to swift hunter after level 8. Factotum 20 is the way to go!  (or Factotum 13/Chameleon 7, Factotum 8/Chameleon 10/+2) Funny thing is, you'll even get Skirmish ;)

KolyaMollari

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 03:48:00 PM »
Don't switch to swift hunter after level 8. Factotum 20 is the way to go!  (or Factotum 13/Chameleon 7, Factotum 8/Chameleon 10/+2) Funny thing is, you'll even get Skirmish ;)

The pistol alone is going to make this char a little OP with the skirmish and many/multi shot abilities. After reading over the class (thanks again Rebel) I started to work on a Scout 3/ Ranger 1 / Scout 1 (Swift hunter and improved skirmish for the bonus feat) / Ranger 3/ Factotum 1/ Ranger 1/ Factotum 10 progression. He will end up with 3d6 2AC Skirmish + 2d6 Skirm from Imp Skirmish per bullet ( i believe that I will get 4 rounds from manyshot)  ending with 20d6 with just one gun. of course i will need to get the rapid reload feat since this is almost the complete chamber of the gun. maybe use the free action that the Factotum grants you to do a rapid shot to clear the remaining two shots.

KolyaMollari

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2011, 03:59:08 PM »
instead of taking any melee oriented feats i will most likely take around 3 fonts of inspiration. Please let me know your thoughts

Scout 3/ Ranger 1 / Scout 1 / Spelless Ranger 3/ Factotum 1/ Spelless Ranger 1/ Factotum 10 progression

Human
1Point Blank Shot, (Precise Shot)
2 ---
3 Rapid Shot
4 ---
5 Swift Hunter, (Imp Skirmish scout bonus)
6 **Two weapon fighting from ranger
7 Rapid Reload
8 (spelless ranger variant feat Manyshot)
9 Font of Insp
10 (Dodge scout bonus)
11 Mobility
12 ---
13 Shot on the Run
14 ---
15 Font of Insp
16 ---
17  Font of Insp
19 Penetrating Shot

nightshade

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2011, 05:30:38 PM »
The pistol alone is going to make this char a little OP with the skirmish and many/multi shot abilities. After reading over the class (thanks again Rebel) I started to work on a Scout 3/ Ranger 1 / Scout 1 (Swift hunter and improved skirmish for the bonus feat) / Ranger 3/ Factotum 1/ Ranger 1/ Factotum 10 progression. He will end up with 3d6 2AC Skirmish + 2d6 Skirm from Imp Skirmish per bullet ( i believe that I will get 4 rounds from manyshot)  ending with 20d6 with just one gun. of course i will need to get the rapid reload feat since this is almost the complete chamber of the gun. maybe use the free action that the Factotum grants you to do a rapid shot to clear the remaining two shots.

You can't spend a standard action to use rapid shot. You can only use rapid shot when full attacking.
You could use the standard action of the Factotum to move and then full attack using rapid shot for 4 Attacks at level 15 (you don't need Manyshot). It would be better to dump all of your feats to take font of inspiration and spend those inspiration points for extra damage/attack (btw you only get feats every third level). A Factotum 8/Chameleon 7 would have an Int of 29 (18 int base +3 level +4 chameleon + 4 item) giving you +9 dmg/+9hit per attack and 33 Inspiration points. Furthermore you could spend 3 Inspiration points to cast one of those ranger only spells like Arrow Storm (attack everyone in range), Hunters Eye (1d6 sneak attack/3 caster levels) or Hunters Mercy (crit on next ranged attack)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 05:35:34 PM by nightshade »

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2011, 05:40:12 PM »
instead of taking any melee oriented feats i will most likely take around 3 fonts of inspiration. Please let me know your thoughts

Scout 3/ Ranger 1 / Scout 1 / Spelless Ranger 3/ Factotum 1/ Spelless Ranger 1/ Factotum 10 progression

Human
1Point Blank Shot, (Precise Shot)
2 ---
3 Rapid Shot
4 ---
5 Swift Hunter, (Imp Skirmish scout bonus)
6 **Two weapon fighting from ranger
7 Rapid Reload
8 (spelless ranger variant feat Manyshot)
9 Font of Insp
10 (Dodge scout bonus)
11 Mobility
12 ---
13 Shot on the Run
14 ---
15 Font of Insp
16 ---
17  Font of Insp
19 Penetrating Shot

That build seems a fairly suboptimal way of doing things.  Factotums are INT focused, but you get NOTHING out of your INT until level 9.  You also don't get Factotum's most powerful ability until level 16 - one level before the Wizard can do Time Stop... this is very late.  If you're looking for some bonus damage, there are better ways to obtain it than scout.  Even if you DO want some scout, it's better to get it after you get extra standard actions.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

KolyaMollari

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 03:12:59 PM »
How about
Scout 3/ Spelless Ranger 1 / Scout 1 / Factotum 11 / Scout (or ranger) 4

For me it's less about max dmg, and more about the character; Which is why I'm dropping the additional 2d6 skirmisher dmg per bullet by not going full swift hunter.

@ 20
Skirmisher bonus  3d6 2AC  +2d6 from Improved Skirmisher =  +5d6 2AC
Since DM is giving me another pistol at ecl 10 I should be able (with many/multi shot) be able to pump out aprox 48 d6 of DPR(5 skirm + 1 standard d6 spread between 8 bullets) That's 288 possible against DC40.

Now I could just take a one level dip into the class for the starter ability and all of the skills. Take 3 fonts of Insp feats to max out that feats usage and gain 5d6 5AC + 2d6 Imp Skirm + 1d6 Natural = 8d6 spread out between aprox 8 bullets = 384 against DC40

This mix of SH/Factotum just makes sense in my head.