Author Topic: Crafting bullets for a PF Gunslinger. Anyone know prices?  (Read 5089 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Crafting bullets for a PF Gunslinger. Anyone know prices?
« on: September 23, 2011, 02:23:19 AM »
Got a PC who's taken the Holy Gun Paladin archetype from Ultimate Combat. Everything was fine until they encountered a few fey, and the guy started wanting to craft cold iron bullets for himself. Well that's fine, but damn Paizo doesn't tell you have to do that. My immediately though was "Oh, it'll just be twice the amount of a regular bullet, so 2 gold." That's how it should be. One bullet = one gold. An adamantine bullet is 61 gold, and when you make ammunition out of adamantine, it's +60. Perfect. That was until I noticed that a silver bullet... a single silver bullet, was 25 gold. How?! Ammunition made out of that is +2. It shouldn't be any more than 3 gold. Is this a type? Even a light weapon made out of silver is only +20. Where the extra four gold coming from?

So my question becomes, how do you come up with the proper bullet costs for the bullets? I was thinking of just making the PC pay 10 gold for each cold iron bullet. If you look at the pitted one, it's 5 gp. Figured that might be a decent base to have things run from. But even with that, I'd like to know how you do this up proper. Especially when you look at particular metals that say they're +1500 on a regular melee weapon, but don't mention what it'd be on ammunition. Maybe +1500 for 30 bullets? Then it'd just be 51 gp per bullet for base cost?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Crafting bullets for a PF Gunslinger. Anyone know prices?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 10:54:28 AM »
Guns don't have to follow your silly rules, because guns are cool. :p

...seriously, just charge whatever you want. They aren't priced like that for balance reasons or anything, the designers were probably just trying to emulate some "special bullets are special" trope while ignoring the equivalent one for arrows.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:56:57 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Crafting bullets for a PF Gunslinger. Anyone know prices?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 06:32:42 PM »
Guns don't have to follow your silly rules, because guns are cool. :p

I want to rage about how a mundane, non-MWK gun costs nearly twice the price of a +1 Longsword. I really do. But I honestly expected that from Paizo.

[spoiler][/spoiler]