Author Topic: Epic monk/druid  (Read 3182 times)

zioth

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Epic monk/druid
« on: October 07, 2011, 05:14:29 PM »
Any suggestions on how to build or play a level 25 monk/druid? I was thinking two levels of monk (stun, flurry, evasion). Someone suggested I get Fist of the Forest. Is there any PrC to get some monk progression at the same time as druid levels?

One idea: Get the TWF chain and Perfect TWF. With flurry, that's 10 attacks a round (admittedly at -4), which could be nice with the right Wildshape (Gargantuan/Collossal/Dragon) or Shapechange form. Some druid spells and wilding clasps would round it out (I have the Ancestral Relic feat on some gloves, which count as unarmed weapons).

Nunkuruji

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Epic monk/druid
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 05:37:57 PM »
Well, Fist of the Forest depends on how awful Primal Living affects you.

Since epic, I'd certainly suggest Planar Shepherd.

Sacred Fist has Unarmed Progression & Divine Spellcasting progression, no Wild Shape progression.

Monk Unarmed Strike damage increase stops at 20 effective levels, so with Superior Unarmed Strike feat & a Monk's Belt, you could probably get close to capping out without too many class levels of progression. You have Improved Natural Attack (Unarmed Strike) to give it one last boost.

If you want to avoid putting yourself at toe-to-toe risk, you've got plenty of levels to make a
Wizard/Druid/Arcane Heirophant
ShapeChange / Share Spells and send your Companion-Familiar in to do the heavy lifting, or ride it.

radionausea

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 05:46:18 PM »
Dragon Magazine #314 has, iirc, a monk/druid prestige class.  It'll be a Master of the ____ Wind.  Just turning my other computer on to check what it is and if it looks any good.
Stronghearted halflings do not exist.

radionausea

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 06:16:08 PM »
Master of the North Wind.

Requires 3rd level divine spells, 10 ranks in climb, wild shape into a flying form and ki strike (magic).

d8 hd, medium BAB 4+int skills
9/10 spellcasting (loses a level at 6th).
Stacks for Monk Abilities.
Stacks for Wildshape as of level two
Grants the ability to take on gaseous forms in wild shape at 6th
Grants the Air domain at 10th

Not actually that bad if that's what you're aiming for.
Stronghearted halflings do not exist.