Author Topic: So I'm going to be playing an invisible flying pixie with ranged attacks...  (Read 3520 times)

Nachofan99

• Bi-Curious George
Though of a bunch of stuff not put down yet:

AoE spells, like Fireball.  Yes, I saw "Glitterdust" but that's a deliberate way to effectively "remove" invisibility.  Opponents don't even have to know *exactly* where you are to hit with with "incidental" AoE that hit others in the party as well, and casters are usually smart enough to think that way i.e. "Why place this Fireball at ground level?  Might as well put it high up and hit everyone on the ground *anyways* and maybe random creatures in air as well - there's no drawback for doing so."

What goes with that is something else; severely limited low ceiling areas like...Dungeons!  

Winds (magical or natural) could cause you to stall/fall etc.  Obviously you have "Good" Manueverability so this probably won't be as applicable, but I might as well throw it out there.

Readied Actions: You stay invisible, but your ranged attacks don't.  So your Bolts/Arrows/Spell effects become visible after leaving your person.  Opponents can ready actions to attack where they saw the attack come from - this is obviously "tricky" but I'm sure high Int/Wis team monster can do this.  You'll still have concealment of course.

Cobwebs and Spider Webs hanging from ceilings - makes sense especially in Dungeons!  Can work against both your flight and your invisibility.

The DM can also play up the fact that your own party can't see you if they need to help you.  I know that you can supress/resume as a free action, but if you are hit and go down to -1, your party might just let you bleed out?  Not sure if the Supernatural Ability would end if you're disabled and dying but it's a random thought to mention to your DM.

Auras/Gaze attacks.

Swarms.

Others have mentioned similar things but: Rain/Sleet/Snow/Ashes/etc  Everyone might have 50% concealment in such cases and everyone might effectively be "invisible".

There's lots of neat stuff to be done.  Just make sure both you and your DM know that every once in a while, you SHOULD get targetted by special anti-invisibility "Tech", and every once in a while, you SHOULD get a nice bonus out of being invisible as well!  You should not *always* get hosed more than other players or *always* get a super advantage over other players IME/IMO.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 05:56:36 PM by Nachofan99 »

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
No?  This is what it says for the Lifesense for Dread Wraith...

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/wraith.htm#dreadWraith

Works like Blindsight, it says.

-K

Edit: Typoooooo
That's a pretty obscure ability.  Probably easier to just get Blindsight.

There's also a Life Sense feat, which just makes things give off torch light.  It won't actually show where the pixie is, though, unless you can somehow guess where the middle of a 60' radius of light is.

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
given the uncanny ability of nearly all adventurers to immediately know how big a room is, how to calc the exact point to place a fireball to hit the maximum number of opponents without hitting a single ally, and to know the exact distance and direction and size of hallways they are fleeing a from bigbad while they are fleeing.... i'm pretty sure that it is a given that they will know where the center of a flitting area of glow is. ^^
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine