Author Topic: Tome Game  (Read 23753 times)

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Re: Tome Game
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2011, 04:16:34 PM »
How do you guys want to know/run into each other. I've only seen one backstory, so not sure how best to get you guys started.
I'm wide open to meet ups. We can already know each other or bump into each other after the game starts.

My quick-and-dirty backstory left my character stranded in Pandemonium when he went with a group to kill some fiends, and the Cleric got killed. He's been wandering around down there for some time, keeping his sanity. Luckily, being a stormlord, the howling winds might not bother him as much as others.

I'm fine with assuming he runs into some others down there that band up for security. I'm fine to retcon the backstory a bit to say that he went in with the rest of the group. I'm fine with RPing the meeting (although that will likely slow the game down at first).

I was originally thinking the party my PC traveled with was nature-based (a druid, ranger, and nature cleric), but barbarian could work well, too. I could already know Midnight's character with little change to my story.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:18:05 PM by RobbyPants »
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2011, 04:32:40 PM »
My background is listed under the additional info area if my character sheet. Basically, she thinks Pandemonium is too overlooked in the 'drawing power from the outer planes' department, and has been doing so in small amounts for a little while now. That wasn't enough, so she decided to go straight to the source.

She could have just paid someone for a plane shift, or perhaps she noticed a band of adventurers with a powerful enough cleric, rigged up a 'demon attack' and followed them back into the portal as they the two battling sides ran through it. I'm willing to cook something up though.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2011, 04:45:21 PM »
I gotta back out. I keep telling myself I can do PbP but I know better, I don't have the time. Sorry.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2011, 05:10:09 PM »
What are we at? 4?

We seem to have two beatsticks and two casters, although no healers. I can keep myself healed out of combat, but that's about it.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2011, 08:56:22 PM »
Hmm, that may complicate things. If we don't think of anything, maybe I'll just copy Nanshork's character and make up an Elemental Siphon with that heal feat. We'll see.

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2011, 09:00:53 PM »
What are we at? 4?

We seem to have two beatsticks and two casters, although no healers. I can keep myself healed out of combat, but that's about it.
Rob I answered you pm about a backstory. . . so yeah My char was saved me when he first got to the plane X time ago. Saved by our party's stormlord (Rob) just before being overwhelmed and eaten by wights. He had know idea where he was just that he'd been in a fight where he was attacked by one of the people who had been his closet teachers.
Backstory:[spoiler]He's from a kingdom where Team Monster has won, and take sacrifices, and oppression and yadda yadda. The humans were like: "It's totally prophesied that a "child of light" will be born and save us from this ..." which he totally was, and trained in secret wilderness places and a monastery (the humans are still tribal mostly) till he'd be strong enough to lead/fight/be a big name hero. Like always though, One of his trainers, betrayed for Moar Powah! Since he was a full caster and was like I can totally get a better life, just working with team monster and hell, rule over all the human tribes! Though in the assassination attempt, my char survived the first few rounds (even after being coup de graced in his sleep), and help arrived, but seeing this the Evil Trainer dude was like "Fuck this..." and planeshifted my char to pandemonium via wand. 
(Logic being that sending his body and soul away to an outer plane would make a resurection nigh impossible.)[/spoiler]
I have fast healing 5 out of combat...
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2011, 10:00:19 AM »
Rob I answered you pm about a backstory. . . so yeah My char was saved me when he first got to the plane X time ago. Saved by our party's stormlord (Rob) just before being overwhelmed and eaten by wights. He had know idea where he was just that he'd been in a fight where he was attacked by one of the people who had been his closet teachers.
Sure. That works for me. So we already know each other. I'm fine either way regarding the other two PCs.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2011, 09:28:06 PM »
So we have a few people who have natural out of combat healing then... thats good.
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"