Author Topic: Tome Game  (Read 23749 times)

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
Re: Tome Game
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2011, 10:48:10 AM »
Kaelik how many people you looking for? I count 4 at least alreadly.
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2011, 11:21:44 AM »
Alright, fuck me, the Nightmare Seeker was a bad idea. Instead, I'm going to ask about Ninja.

Changes:
[spoiler]-Cap Surprise! at x2 or  only once per round? Or both? Damage is hard for me to judge.
-Kidney Punch is once per round and does not work with Combat School.
-Seductive Gaze changed to Suggestion and failure makes the target immune for 24 hours. Sexy No Jutsu is removed.
-I didn't read any abilities past level 10 because that stuff can be dealt with if we ever come close.
[/spoiler]
Mockup?

Also considering Paladin. This one, not the one with the Code Of Conduct. Mockup incoming.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 05:08:53 PM by bearsarebrown »

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2011, 11:46:26 AM »
He said 4-5.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2011, 12:07:49 PM »
He said 4-5.

Cool if there's room, I'd like to be a barbarian, or a samurai.
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2011, 03:08:13 PM »
Is anybody else going to provide party wide out of combat healing?
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2011, 05:09:32 PM »
If Paladin gets approved I have quite a bit. Not unlimited though.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2011, 08:01:42 PM »
So, I'm starting to make some breakthroughs on this character, and while I'd like to take one of the cold spheres,  it looks like I could potentially get really hosed going up against what will probably be a lot of cold resistant enemies. I may have to make a custom sphere after all, though really I expect there'll be a lot of resistant or immune creatures for just about all energies. Will work in this later after work.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2011, 08:06:03 PM »

I'm trying to figure out what Elemental Siphon feat I want, and one of them would let me Heal every three rounds out of combat.
Notes to self

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2011, 08:34:28 PM »
Paladin is approved, and I would prefer it over Ninja, if you want me to finish looking over Ninja, I will, but if you prefer Paladin, go ahead.

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2011, 08:40:53 PM »
Aquatic Darkleaf Armor (+2 AC)

Ring of Sustenance (+2 saves)

Boots of Speed (+2 Dex)

Ammulet of Change (+2 Wis)

or

Natural Ammulet (+2 Wis)

Oh yeah, forgot the items.

What do you think boots of speed do for you? Or for that matter, Darkleaf armor?

And yes, Natural anything will piss me off, unless either:

1) It's your mount, and always located in the same spot with you. And it's also not that strong.
or
2) You only use it out of combat.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2011, 11:11:53 PM »

I'm trying to figure out what Elemental Siphon feat I want, and one of them would let me Heal every three rounds out of combat.

I have seen that feat in action and my vote is: yesplz :)

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2011, 12:02:35 AM »
@Kaelik, I'll stick with Paladin. Thank you for being cool about the indecision.

@Players, looks like there might be a Paladin in the party, so if anyone plays evil that will need worked out. I can't speak for Kaelik but I have no problem with the Playing With Fire necromancy option. Luckily this Paladin has no Code so alignment quarrels are the only worry.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 04:28:10 PM by bearsarebrown »

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2011, 12:15:47 AM »
Paladin is approved, and I would prefer it over Ninja, if you want me to finish looking over Ninja, I will, but if you prefer Paladin, go ahead.
So... am I good for barbarian?

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2011, 02:45:30 AM »
I'll be out of comabat Heal(er) then.   :p
Notes to self

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2011, 05:25:22 AM »
So... am I good for barbarian?

Absolutely.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2011, 05:51:31 AM »
In Progress

[spoiler]

Name

[spoiler]
Race:   Align:      Size:     Speed: 
Classes: Elemental Siphon 6
XP Have: 15,000     Need: 21,000

Type:   Subtype:   

HD: 6d8 + 12
HP: 38

Stats
[spoiler]

Ability Scores                   Saving Throws
   Score Mod    Temp Mod        Total = Base + Mod + Magic + Misc     Other
Str:  8   -1                Fort:  7  =  5   +  2  +   0   +   0     
Dex: 16   +3                 Ref:  8  =  5   +  3  +   0   +   0     
Con: 14   +2                Will:  6  =  2   +  4  +   0   +   0     
Int: 10   +0                      Initiative
Wis: 18   +4                  Total = Dex + Misc
Cha:  8   -1                     3  =  3  + 0 

Special:

Combat

Total          Armor Shield Dex  Size   Nat  Defl  Misc
AC :  13 = 10 +  0  +  0  +  3  +  0  +  0  +  0  +  0   
Touch: 13    Flat-Footed: 10

Total  Base  Str  Misc                Total  Base  Dex  Misc
Melee :  3  =  4  -  1   + 0        Ranged :  7  =  4  +  3  +  0

WEAPON        AB       DAM      CRIT       RNG   WGHT   SIZE  TYPE  PROPERTIES

ARMOR   CHECK    MAX  SPELL
ARMOR                        TYPE    BONUS  PENALTY  DEX   FAIL  SPEED  WGHT  PROPERTIES

[/spoiler]

Languages
[spoiler]
  Common
[/spoiler]

Feats
[spoiler]
  1) Positive Blending
  3) xxx
  6) xxx
[/spoiler]

Racial Abilities
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Class Abilities
[spoiler]
  Proficient with Light Armor and Simple Weapons
  Elemental Affinity(Ex): An Elemental Siphon varies based on his plane, he may choose any mental stat. That stat governs his abilities, and is used in any location his class text says "Stat". (Chosen stat is Wisdom.)
  Elemental Pool (Ex): An Elemental Siphon has a pool of elemental tokens. He has a Maximum of 4 divided as he chooses between the four elements, Water, Air, Earth, Fire. This increases by 1 Every even level.
  Minor Channeling (Su)
  Tap the Elements (Su): Any spell with an elemental descriptor, such as Water, Fire, Earth, Air, Electricity, or Cold, is treated as being on the spell list of the Elemental Siphon for the purpose of using items.
  Minor Warding (Su): An Elemental Siphon may have one Minor Warding up at a time, to switch warding requires a swift action.
  Powered Channelling (Su)
  Fast Channel (Su)
  Commune with Elements (Su): This is an always active ability that works like the spell Stone Tell, but applies to any element. For the purposes of Water, it only knows about the body it is currently in (River/Lake/Ocean) and is more vague the larger the area covered. For the purposes of Air, it knows the general area, and about things from the direction it was blown from, IE divining information about the nearby mountains that the wind is blowing out of is fine, but not "Where is the nearest City?"
  Stronger Channel (Su)
  Moderate Warding (Su): In addition to one Minor Warding, the Siphon may now have a Moderate Warding active as well of the same or different element. It is a swift action to change which warding is up.
[/spoiler]

Skills
[spoiler]
SKILLS                   Max Ranks(9)  CC Max Ranks(4.5)

Key     Skill Ability       Misc
CC Name               Ability   Mod   Mod   Ranks  Mod
   Balance              Dex       3 =  3  +   0   +  0
   Concentration        Con       2 =  2  +   0   +  0
   Escape Artist        Dex       3 =  3  +   0   +  0
   Jump                 Str      -1 = -1  +   0   +  0
   Knowledge: Arcana    Int       0 =  0  +   0   +  0
   Knowledge: Planes    Int       0 =  0  +   0   +  0
   Listen               Wis       4 =  4  +   0   +  0
   Search               Int       0 =  0  +   0   +  0
   Sense Motive         Wis       4 =  4  +   0   +  0
   Spellcraft           Int       0 =  0  +   0   +  0
   Spot                 Wis       4 =  4  +   0   +  0
   Survival             Wis       4 =  4  +   0   +  0
   Tumble               Dex       3 =  3  +   0   +  0

[/spoiler]

Equipment
[spoiler]

Mundane Gear

Magical Gear

Valuables

[/spoiler]

Description/Personality
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Elemental Token Information
[spoiler]
Maximum Tokens: 7 (4 + 1/even lvl) + Positive Energy (He may fill his pool to the maximum with any combination of elements by spending 3 consecutive full round actions meditating on the elements.)

Current Tokens: 1 Positive Energy Token, 2 Fire Tokens, 2 Water Tokens, 2 Air Tokens, 1 Earth Token

Saving throw DCs are always 10+1/2 Character Level+Stat.

An Elemental Siphon may expend a token from their pool to power up an attack. As a free action concurrent with using a channel ability, the Siphon spends a token of the element being channeled and the channel is treated as being channeled by a Siphon three Character Levels higher than the Siphon's current level. This affects save DCs, scaling damage, and aspects of the channel that are granted at higher Character Levels, such as minor channeling water's ability to Nauseate.

By expending 3 tokens of an element concurrent with that activation of a channel of that element the activating action is reduced to swift. Channels of multiple elements require 3 tokens total of any combination of the elements in use.

The Positive Energy Token may be expended to:
[spoiler]
Planeshift as an SLA with a destination on the Positive Energy Plane
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched, or up to eight willing creatures joining hands
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

You move yourself or some other creature to another plane of existence or alternate dimension. If several willing persons link hands in a circle, as many as eight can be affected by the plane shift at the same time. Precise accuracy as to a particular arrival location on the intended plane is nigh impossible. From the Material Plane, you can reach any other plane, though you appear 5 to 500 miles (5d%) from your intended destination.

Note: Plane shift transports creatures instantaneously and then ends. The creatures need to find other means if they are to travel back.

Heal as a SLA at Caster level equal to Character level
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Target: Creature touched
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance:
Yes (harmless)

Heal enables you to channel positive energy into a creature to wipe away injury and afflictions. It immediately ends any and all of the following adverse conditions affecting the Target: ability damage, blinded, confused, dazed, dazzled, deafened, diseased, exhausted, fatigued, feebleminded, insanity, nauseated, sickened, stunned, and poisoned. It also cures 10 hit points of damage per level of the caster, to a maximum of 150 points at 15th level.

Heal does not remove negative levels, restore permanently drained levels, or restore permanently drained ability score points.

If used against an undead creature, heal instead acts like harm.

Restoration on each ally within 30ft as a full round action
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

This spell functions like lesser restoration, except that it also dispels negative levels and restores one experience level to a creature who has had a level drained. The drained level is restored only if the time since the creature lost the level is equal to or less than one day per caster level. A character who has a level restored by restoration has exactly the minimum number of experience points necessary to restore him or her to his or her previous level.

Restoration cures all temporary ability damage, and it restores all points permanently drained from a single ability score (your choice if more than one is drained). It also eliminates any fatigue or exhaustion suffered by the target.

Restoration does not restore levels or Constitution points lost due to death.

[/spoiler]

He may expend a token as a standard action to emulate any of the following spells at Caster level equal to Character level with a duration of Concentration, depending on the token expended.
[spoiler]
Earth: Shape Earth (As Stone Shape, but applies mud or dirt as well.)
Target:

Water: Control Water
Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
Area: Water in a volume of 10 ft./level by 10 ft./level by 2 ft./level (S)
Saving Throw: None; see text
Spell Resistance:

Air: Gust of Wind
Range: 60 ft.
Effect: Line-shaped gust of severe wind emanating out from you to the extreme of the range
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance:

Fire: Animate Fire
Range: Close (25ft+5ft/2 levels)
Target: One Small fire
Saving throw: None
Spell resistance: No

You animate a fire, which must be approximately the size of a campfire. The animated fir has the statistics of a small fir elemental, and attacks as you direct. It can not move beyond the range of the source fire, (25ft+5/2 levels).

[/spoiler]

He may also expend a token as a free action or immediate action to receive an insight bonus to something for one round:
[spoiler]
Earth: DR/- equal to Character Level.
Water: +Character Level to saving throws.
Fire: +5ft per Character Level bonus to speed.
Air: +Character Level to AC.
[/spoiler]

As a standard action, an Elemental Siphon may use a minor channel of one element. Using a minor channel adds one token of the opposite type to the Elemental pool if the pool is not full. Earth opposes Air. Fire Opposes Water. In addition to adding a pool token, the channel creates an attack for the Siphon:
[spoiler]
Fire: 5ft radius Fire burst with a range of close does 1d6 damage per Character Level, Ref for half.
Air: 2d6+Stat+level slashing damage on a ranged attack with a range of close. Bullrushes flying creatures (Using Stat instead in place of Str, and Character Level in place of BAB). At Character Level 6 becomes a ranged touch attack.
Earth: Entangles for two rounds or trips or bullrushes target touching ground within close range (Using Stat in place of Str, and Character Level in place of BAB, as a creature of size medium + 1 size for every four Character Levels above 6). At Character Level 6, does all three at once.
Water: Sickens target within medium range for the combat. At Character Level 6, Nauseates for two rounds on failed fort save.
[/spoiler]

Activating a Stronger Channel is a standard action that expends 1 token of it's element to use. It will also add one token of it's opposing element to your pool as well.
[spoiler]
Fire: 20ft radius Fireball shoots out to long range doing 1d6 damage per Character Level, Ref for half. If they fail their reflex save, they are also pushed to the nearest edge of the fireball.
Water: Water attempts to erupt from a target within close range, if they fail a fort save, they are stunned for two rounds as it shoots forth. Pass or Fail, afterwords they are Fatigued as well (Stacks to Exhaustion if stacked). Plants are not immune to stunning for the purpose of this stun.
Earth: The Siphon may duplicate a Move Earth, Wall of Stone, or Stoneshape effect with an effective Caster level equal to Character level.
Air: A 60ft Cone of rushing Air pushes away from the Siphon. Those within the Cone are pushed backwards until they leave the Cone. If they hit a wall or other impediment, they are subject to 2d6 damage for every 10ft they did not travel. A Fort Save negates this effect. Airbourne creatures suffer a -5 penalty to the save. This affects objects.
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Wardings
[spoiler]

An Elemental Siphon may have one Minor Warding up at a time, to switch warding requires a swift action.
[spoiler]
Water: Cold and Acid Resistance equal to Character Level.
Fire: Fire Resist equal to double Character Level.
Earth: 3+1/3rd Character Level natural armor.
Air: Electricity Resistance equal to Character Level, +1/3rd Character Level Deflection bonus to AC.
[/spoiler]

In addition to one Minor Warding, the Siphon may now have a Moderate Warding active as well of the same or different element. It is a swift action to change which warding is up.
[spoiler]
Water: Treat as the spell Repulsion, once they have made the save, they are immune to this warding for 24 hours, even if you refresh the effect. Additionally, ten rounds after failing a save, they are treated as if they have never attempted a save, and will be given a new chance if they attempt to close.
Range: Up to 10 ft./level
Area: Up to 10-ft.-radius/level emanation centered on you
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance:

Fire: Does 1d6 per two Character Levels of Fire damage to anyone who attacks you with a natural weapon or a non reach melee weapon.

Air: A Windwall surrounds you, occupying each adjacent square.
Saving Throw: None; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes

An invisible vertical curtain of wind appears. It is 2 feet thick and of considerable strength. It is a roaring blast sufficient to blow away any bird smaller than an eagle, or tear papers and similar materials from unsuspecting hands. (A Reflex save allows a creature to maintain its grasp on an object.) Tiny and Small flying creatures cannot pass through the barrier. Loose materials and cloth garments fly upward when caught in a wind wall. Arrows and bolts are deflected upward and miss, while any other normal ranged weapon passing through the wall has a 30% miss chance. (A giant-thrown boulder, a siege engine projectile, and other massive ranged weapons are not affected.) Gases, most gaseous breath weapons, and creatures in gaseous form cannot pass through the wall (although it is no barrier to incorporeal creatures).

Earth: You gain immunity to tripping, bullrushing, grappling, overrunning and wind effects that would move you or prevent you from moving as long as you continue to touch the ground.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Feat Information
[spoiler]

Positive Blending [Blending]
[spoiler]
Effect: Taking this feat grants you a Positive Energy Token that returns each time you replenish your pool.

This token may be expended to use Planeshift as an SLA with a destination on the Positive Energy Plane, Cast Heal as a spell like ability at Caster level equal to Character level, or use Restoration on each ally within 30ft as a full round action.

In addition you gain knowledge as the Deathwatch spell of all creatures within 30ft of you that you have line of effect to, and this allows you to pinpoint the square of any hiding or invisible creature in that area. Also, you do not die from too much positive energy.

Special: You may only take one [Blending] feat.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Notes to self

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2011, 05:52:40 AM »
Typing that up was Hell, I'm not finished (obviously) and I'll probably reformat how I have the Element Token and Warding information in case anybody cares.
Notes to self

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2011, 10:09:22 AM »

What do you think boots of speed do for you? Or for that matter, Darkleaf armor?

And yes, Natural anything will piss me off
The Speed items add to all of your movement modes, don't they (including fly speed)? The Darkleaf armor should grant fast healing 1 at level 6. It's only 1 AC lower than mithril. At least, this is what I found on the wiki. The threads at the Den don't have all of the armor stuff filled out.

I won't bother with the change item, then.

So, I'm starting to make some breakthroughs on this character, and while I'd like to take one of the cold spheres,  it looks like I could potentially get really hosed going up against what will probably be a lot of cold resistant enemies. I may have to make a custom sphere after all, though really I expect there'll be a lot of resistant or immune creatures for just about all energies. Will work in this later after work.
You might be able to use the Pyre sphere for inspiration. It's similar to the Fire sphere, but the ability lets it ignore fire resistance (but not immunity).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:21:14 AM by RobbyPants »
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2011, 11:00:15 AM »
I'm actually good on the cold sphere. I figure I'll take Cold, then later on if it seems to be causing an issue, I may take the frostbite sphere asking for it to come with that special ability in place of the one it normally has. We'll probably be encountering more than just petitioners, and anyone resistant to cold I'll either deal with losing some damage or I'll deal with them another way.

What I'm trying to figure out is a replacement special ability for Dominion. As it is, it only really benefits an evil overlord creating a nasty dungeon or fortress, and hardly any PCs taking the sphere. The word means "control or the right to control" and "domination" and so the special ability should reflect that. It should reinforce the caster's superior right to control his realm. However, looking to the other spheres for inspiration, the special abilities vary wildly in usefulness and power. They cover everything from immunity to energy and magical death attacks down to merely mild skill bonuses. And that's to say nothing of the Bone sphere's ridiculously powerful ability for what it is.

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2011, 12:56:44 PM »
The Speed items add to all of your movement modes, don't they (including fly speed)? The Darkleaf armor should grant fast healing 1 at level 6. It's only 1 AC lower than mithril. At least, this is what I found on the wiki. The threads at the Den don't have all of the armor stuff filled out.

I was just checking that you weren't using the DMG speed boots. Yeah, you have everything right. The armors were filled in by Sinister in one of his threads, it should grant you 3 abilities, unless you don't have the ranks.