Author Topic: OOC Chatter and Brainstorming  (Read 20754 times)

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
Re: OOC Chatter and Brainstorming
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2011, 03:43:43 PM »
Just for my own verifications..

Percival - Delvers Guild
Mixter - Chorrun Char
Arcanis - Sisterhood of silence
DrHorrible - Dreaming Apothecary
Flay - House of Black & White
Mono - Inverted Pyramid

midnight - ? [edit: inverted pyramid}

Look correct?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 02:14:09 PM by dna1 »
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2011, 04:01:55 PM »
Just for my own verifications..

Percival - Delvers Guild
Mixter - Chorrun Char
Arcanis - Sisterhood of silence
DrHorrible - Dreaming Apothecary
Flay - House of Black & White
Mono - Inverted Pyramid

midnight - ?

Look correct?

Inverted Pyramid. Sorry if I'm laggin behind, I was kinda holding out to see what all the options would end up being.
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2011, 04:02:30 PM »
And from my point of view, this looks right
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2011, 04:22:15 PM »
I'll need to adjust my sheet then. I thought those items were part of a home brew sirpercival was doing and not nonverbal spell. I'll need to swap something out for it.

Any way to trade scribe scroll for nonverbal spell?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 04:24:30 PM by archangel.arcanis »
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2011, 05:27:59 PM »
Thank you for those rulings! Charrie will be 100% in the next couple of hours.

As for feedback... holy shit that was a lot of text I just ate up like candy. It's clean, I like the division of powers for sure. I'll type more about it when not between classes, and when I have the background done. The description is up in the charrie sheets thread under it's spoiler.

DrHorrible

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • The awesomest ever.
    • ItaSA
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2011, 05:32:53 PM »
The setting is awesome.
Believe.

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2011, 06:16:11 PM »
I'll need to adjust my sheet then. I thought those items were part of a home brew sirpercival was doing and not nonverbal spell. I'll need to swap something out for it.

I don't have a problem with that.
Burn all the microfiche!  Firebomb all the 8-tracks!

I'm not just a druid -- I'm a singing, dancing, Broadway druid.

[spoiler]
Quote from: PhaedrusXY
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2011, 06:43:34 PM »

I'll give dna1 a chance to object to the trade out if he has any problems with it, but if not I'll swap it tonight.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2011, 07:08:23 PM »

I'll give dna1 a chance to object to the trade out if he has any problems with it, but if not I'll swap it tonight.
Go for it  :D

The setting is awesome.

thanks!

Thank you for those rulings! Charrie will be 100% in the next couple of hours.

As for feedback... holy shit that was a lot of text I just ate up like candy. It's clean, I like the division of powers for sure. I'll type more about it when not between classes, and when I have the background done. The description is up in the charrie sheets thread under it's spoiler.

excellent!

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2011, 02:30:58 PM »
Hey all! So most of you already have this, but what I need from you is a brief back story of your PC. Pretty much all the world info you need is posted. I dont need anything to long or extensive from you, what I would like is the following:
1) how you came to Gratis. ( Born or travelled to. )
2) what you were like befor you joined the guild etc. (its assumed that before you were rolling with the top dogs like you are now, you came from nothing. almost no one is born privileged in Gratis. either through light or dark you have some how come to stand above the masses.)
3) how you joined the organization your in. ( were you recruited or did you try to join them )

on lunch break atm, will reply later  :D

DrHorrible

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • The awesomest ever.
    • ItaSA
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2011, 03:08:08 PM »
Sent you a PM, dna.
Believe.

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2011, 04:22:22 PM »
Do you want a PM?  b/c my background is on my post in the char sheet thread...
Burn all the microfiche!  Firebomb all the 8-tracks!

I'm not just a druid -- I'm a singing, dancing, Broadway druid.

[spoiler]
Quote from: PhaedrusXY
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2011, 06:33:18 PM »
replied to PM's.

go ahead and PM me or post specifically the info i asked for here  :D

people i have the requested info from.
1)arcanis
2)mono
3)percival

Still waiting on the others.....  doesnt have to be extensive. Arcanis sent me one that was roughly a sentence or two per question, thats fine  :D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 06:41:05 PM by dna1 »

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2011, 06:46:23 PM »
My character was born in Gratis, and will probably die there as well. I was probably pretty insane before I became a rebel too, and I was born into it.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2011, 06:51:37 PM »
My character was born in Gratis, and will probably die there as well. I was probably pretty insane before I became a rebel too, and I was born into it.

Ya Mixster being in the Chorrun Char all those questions were pretty much already answered  :D

So correction:
1)arcanis
2)mono
3)percival
4)mixster

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2011, 07:01:25 PM »
Still waiting on the others.....  doesnt have to be extensive. Arcanis sent me one that was roughly a sentence or two per question, thats fine  :D
I figured why write War and Peace for simple questions. If you answers require flow charts you have gone too far.  :lol

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2011, 02:26:11 AM »
[spoiler]The official record of Corvus' life is a clean, tidy document. In it, he is said to have been born a printer's son, his mother and father working a press they owned, and raised to follow in his father's footsteps. However, when he was 20 years of age, quite young for an elf, his skills with reading attracted the attention of an arcanist who worked with his father's printing press. His father thinking of the potential for his son's future agree to have the boy apprentice as a bookkeeper and personal librarian, and so Corvus was accepted. However, his skills at maintaining, preserving, and acquiring books for his master were almost as good as his ability to intake large amounts of information. And due to a slower aging process, and his human masters business with semi-legal monetary acquisitions, he spent about 25 years learning about magic, as well as pretty much everything else under the sun, via his master's library.

At some point, after 45 years of loyal and excellent work, his master was working on an experiment, and he needed an assistant. Naturally, this fell to Corvus, and lucky for the master that it did; the alchemical formula was incorrect, and had Corvus not noticed this and corrected his master, they both would have been killed by the ensuing poisonous smoke. Surprised and impressed by his student's ability, Corvus caught his second break, with his master's offer to train him. After a quick 5 years of study, Corvus was quite the impressive apprentice wizard. After seeking a letter of recommendation from his master, Corvus joined the Inverted Pyramid, pursuing his studies further, and while mastering illusions there, he was recruited to the libraries of the House of Black and White. He has been studying the books and keeping them at the House for the last 60 years, out of sight of the public, and has instructed in illusion-craft and divination to less experienced wizards and sorcerers since.

What the record omits is the name Narcion Dorrenhan, the wizard who trained him, who was arrested and executed by the City Watch after they found evidence of his involvement with the rebels. It omits the record of the Inverted Pyramid's acceptance of Corvus Suvroc, and details of his life there (50 years of time, for which there is no record of him finding lodgings or accepting assignments).  Almost nothing from the House of Black and White ever makes it out, as psychotic about records and secrets as they are. Nor, upon severe inspection, does it appear that an Elf with the surname Suvroc ever owned a printing press before his birth; in fact, while a record for a press exists, there are few jobs taken under the press' name, and it appears to have been created around Coron's 30th year. Still, his record as presented is unblemished, and has never provokes paranoia as to instigate a further in-depth investigation. Coron lives a quiet, clean life, and as far as anyone knows, always has.[/spoiler]

Totally thought I'd posted this earlier. Well, here it is! Nitpick away, can't wait to get this underway!

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2011, 02:47:42 AM »
flay thanks for the quick reply  :D your info looks excellent.

k guys so I have the info I wanted from everyone. So unless there is any further questions, Percival and I will start working up the intro post and we can get this ball rollin'  :D :D :D :D :jumping :jumping

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2011, 02:54:42 AM »
Whoa, totally just noticed your messages! Hahaha, alright, let's get this thing started!

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2011, 04:15:16 AM »
hey guys you should find an avatar head for your PC. when i make maps I want to put the avatars in it.   if you dont want to i can find one, thought Id give you all the chance