Author Topic: [D&D 3.5] Augury - Pregame Thread  (Read 11059 times)

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: [D&D 3.5] Augury - Pregame Thread
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2011, 04:10:59 PM »
I'll just go into details here about my character then. I've got a question on chargen though: are flaws and traits from UA allowed? If they are, how many can we take?

2 flaws, 1 trait.
Burn all the microfiche!  Firebomb all the 8-tracks!

I'm not just a druid -- I'm a singing, dancing, Broadway druid.

[spoiler]
Quote from: PhaedrusXY
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2011, 03:54:42 AM »
Hmmm, I might roll up an upstart knight. Haven't played a knight in a long time, and I've been reading too much Song of Fire and Ice (just started A Feat For Crows). So I might play up a blacksmith's apprentice who dreams of being a knight, but is relegated to being a smith by virtue of his background, and worse an apprentice because of his youth. Basic concept is a kid who grows better with sword, and either becomes a fullplate-knight-on-horseback kind of charrie, or more of a strange, travelling swordsman with a mystic blade. So starts as either a duskblade, kind of akin to a Golden sun character, or a warblade, different paths depending on how the story plays out.

How are you planning on starting our character's out, from non-respected youths to adventurers? Fable 1 beginning?  :smirk

Would it be reasonable to assume he's crafted his sword/armor, if any? Some DM's don't like pre-game crafting, but usually because at higher levels, you could have crafted a lot of shit for the gold you have. Lower levels, with but 100 gp average, there isn't a lot to abuse (I HAVE NINE SWORDS, BWAHAHA!), so I figured I'd ask.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 06:09:37 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2011, 10:16:05 AM »
Hmmm, I might roll up an upstart knight. Haven't played a knight in a long time, and I've been reading too much Song of Fire and Ice (just started A Feat For Crows). So I might play up a blacksmith's apprentice who dreams of being a knight, but is relegated to being a smith by virtue of his background, and worse an apprentice because of his youth. Basic concept is a kid who grows better with sword, and either becomes a fullplate-knight-on-horseback kind of charrie, or more of a strange, travelling swordsman with a mystic blade. So starts as either a duskblade, kind of akin to a Golden sun character, or a warblade, different paths depending on how the story plays out.

How are you planning on starting our character's out, from non-respected youths to adventurers? Fable 1 beginning?  :smirk

Would it be reasonable to assume he's crafted his sword/armor, if any? Some DM's don't like pre-game crafting, but usually because at higher levels, you could have crafted a lot of shit for the gold you have. Lower levels, with but 100 gp average, there isn't a lot to abuse (I HAVE NINE SWORDS, BWAHAHA!), so I figured I'd ask.

Love the idea! Sure, he can have crafted his sword & armor.  Why don't you head on over to the game thread?

I'm actually going to lock this thread now, since we have a game thread going.
Burn all the microfiche!  Firebomb all the 8-tracks!

I'm not just a druid -- I'm a singing, dancing, Broadway druid.

[spoiler]
Quote from: PhaedrusXY
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]