Author Topic: E6 - Artificer Build - Hidden Diabolical Bomber  (Read 2421 times)

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
E6 - Artificer Build - Hidden Diabolical Bomber
« on: September 27, 2011, 01:07:18 PM »
So I'm planning yet another backup character for our current E6 fight the corrupt government campaign and would like some suggestions for a character intent on causing chaos in the system. First though I need to explain the house rules for using Artificer in this game.

• No access to 4th level spells.
  • Only spell lists that are available to 6th level character are available
  • Trade the +2 CL for item creation ability for a bonus feat instead. So no creating items early.

I'm leaning towards a Warforged who has been imprisoned for years by the City Guard, called Legionaires, and forced to create equipment and items for them. In an effort to escape and instill chaos he's taken to using an expeditious messenger or the filcher homonoculi to plant bombs (explosive runes with a fuse of some sort) around the city to instill chaos and confusion in the city. I'm thinking Craft Alchemy, Craft Trapmaking, and UMD but beyond that skills and feats are open. With these in mind what would people suggest?

I like Warforged for the possibility of having him been imprisoned for years prior to snapping and beginning his campaign of terror, but other +0 LA races could work to.

borg286

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: E6 - Artificer Build - Hidden Diabolical Bomber
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 05:39:53 PM »
Do you get craft wand or metamagic trigger at 6th?

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 05:59:33 PM »
I think it will be metamagic trigger, but don't know for sure. DM usually likes to do things as written, except for artificer he things the +2 CL item creation is going to disrupt the game.

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 06:28:16 PM »
I like Warforged for the possibility of having him been imprisoned for years prior to snapping and beginning his campaign of terror, but other +0 LA races could work to.

An other option, although Warforged make pretty fine artificers, would be a race like Elan who are immortal. Just throwing it out there, could be another path to the whole, "imprisoned for a long time," except instead of the Warforged being there for decades, the Elan could be there for centuries...

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 08:23:06 PM »
Both will work, the city government is already well known to the party for being racist against anything not human or elf. So it won't be out of character to have either locked away under inhumane conditions if it serves their needs.

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 11:08:11 PM »
Well there's some good news for this build. Dm has decided that artificer as written is fine as long as I don't use it to cast 4th level spells.