Author Topic: LoP's Infinite Damage Machine questions  (Read 1428 times)

lieronet

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
LoP's Infinite Damage Machine questions
« on: September 23, 2011, 12:18:09 AM »
Some friends and I were discussing whether or not LoP's infinite damage machine works. My friends argue that each minion in the loop counts as its own damage source getting reflected. IE if you take 40 points of damage to start the loop, then each minion takes 20. You take ten from each minion, so five is reflected onto each minion four times. The question is, does the damage ever get lumped into one sum? If it doesn't ever get lumped at some point then it will taper off due to diminishing returns. I maintain that if this loop was so easily defeated, then we wouldn't be talking about it seven years later, so I've been looking for the rebuttal to this argument. Any help in resolving this argument would be very much appreciated, as right now I don't have enough information to know whether or not to concede the argument.

Echoes

• Bi-Curious George
Re: LoP's Infinite Damage Machine questions
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 04:11:55 AM »
Some friends and I were discussing whether or not LoP's infinite damage machine works. My friends argue that each minion in the loop counts as its own damage source getting reflected. IE if you take 40 points of damage to start the loop, then each minion takes 20. You take ten from each minion, so five is reflected onto each minion four times. The question is, does the damage ever get lumped into one sum? If it doesn't ever get lumped at some point then it will taper off due to diminishing returns. I maintain that if this loop was so easily defeated, then we wouldn't be talking about it seven years later, so I've been looking for the rebuttal to this argument. Any help in resolving this argument would be very much appreciated, as right now I don't have enough information to know whether or not to concede the argument.

IIRC, it had to do with the fact that the minimum damage something can deal is 1 (barring DR), so you always round up and reflect at least 1 point of damage.
BrokeAndDrive speaks the Truth (linked for great justice and signature limits)

Quotes I Found Entertaining:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

As a general rule, murdering people and taking their stuff is pretty much superior to breaking their stuff, murdering them, then not having any stuff to take.

Out of Context Theater
[spoiler]
Oh I'll make a party. I'll make a party so hard... I'll make a party that makes you feel so awkward downstairs.

You'll see the party and only be able to respond, "Oh yeah baby."
[/spoiler]