Author Topic: Melee focused Divine Minion/MoMF  (Read 1782 times)

IlPazzo

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Melee focused Divine Minion/MoMF
« on: September 21, 2011, 07:19:05 AM »
Hi all.
New campaign. I thought I wanted to play a wildshaping ranger, when the master said we can use powerful stuff (at the condition of not breaking the game with, say, infinite wishes or such)... so he allowed me Divine Minion entry into MoMF.

Rules:
Any WotC material allowed, except for psionics
32 point buy
LA buyoff
2 flaws (or traits, or any combination, but 2 flaws are the obvious choice here)
Starting ECL 10
50.000 gp

Character is a Divine Minion of Nephthis (C/G)

My racial choice will probably be a gnome of some sort, because we will be fighting giants most of the time and COS is the main ability score this build needs.
About the feats and progression I was thinking about using the two flaws to qualify for MoMF at ECL 2, advancing it to MoMF 7 an then into some other class or PrC. Main options out of my mind include Monk or Unarmed Swordsage, Warshaper, Chameleon.

That leaves me with 4 feats, or 3 if I decide to later advance into chameleon. I was thinking of using those three or four feats for the usual melee damage boosting feats, Power Attack/Leap Attack/improved bull rush->Shock Trooper, and leave the usual wildshaping feats for when I'll have the bonus feat from the chameleon (or for later levels). Edit- maybe I want multiattack before improved bullrush->shock trooper.

The other characters will be:
A Sorcerer/Elemental Savant
A Druid (yeah, I think it's gonna be Planar Shepherd of Dal Quor... regardless, I wanna play a melee character)
A CA Ninja
A Crusader/Cleric/RKV

At later levels the build will include the remaining levels of MoMF.
There are already lots of threads about forms to assume, so don't waste too much time on that.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:24:01 AM by IlPazzo »

weenog

• Grape ape
Re: Melee focused Divine Minion/MoMF
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 07:38:27 AM »
Absolutely consider a Chameleon dip.  You'll have Fey and Aberration forms available by MoMF 7, they can do all kinds of freaky shit.  Use your floating bonus feat on Assume Supernatural Ability and you can pick some freaky shit you want to be able to do yourself, and you can change it up as needed.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

IlPazzo

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 07:49:30 AM »
Any idea on how to meet the prerequisites at MoMF 7? Without Apprentice feat?
I guess I can be a human and pick the feat, but gnomy stuff feels good against giants.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:58:18 AM by IlPazzo »

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 08:13:50 AM »
Are you quite certain you keep your gnomy stuff while wild shaped?

Also, do you have and can you use Unapproachable East?  If the answer is yes, you really need to look at the Runescarred Berserker prestige class.  Not as something you might take levels in.  No, look at which spells it gains at which spell levels, and compare it against the Chameleon spell progression.  You might like some of that for your melee shapeshifter.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

IlPazzo

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 09:03:13 AM »
Yes, you retain extraordinary qualities in wild shape. And it makes sense because it's something mental.
After all, however, it's just a +4 to AC. Not worth getting into chameleon later, but I may consider other ways to qualify if I can find any.
I mean the build is not MAD, so human is already a great choice. I'll probably take it.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 03:53:57 PM »
If you're going divine minion anyway, consider being a Diabolus (dragon compendium) and picking an evil god instead.  It adds another point of LA, but you get to be an outsider with the (chaotic) subtype, which Divine Minion then turns into (evil). 

That gives you entry into Fiend of Possession/Blasphemy/Corruption, which can be nifty.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

IlPazzo

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 04:06:07 PM »
Nah, I'm limiting my alignment choices to Any nonlawful nonevil for roleplay reasons.
Besides Dragon Compendium is allowed but I don't have it.

I will check your suggestion as soon as I can, however.
Maybe for a future NPC or something, or just for the fun.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 04:10:29 PM »
You could probably pull the whole Spawn or Ghostrider thing, being a good guy who just happens to be powered by evil (IE: good with evil subtype).  But if that isn't your thing... look into warshaper as potential filler.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 10:02:49 PM »

:whistle ... It's beginning to look a lot like Pun-pun (christmas).