Author Topic: Threatening animals  (Read 3765 times)

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
Re: Threatening animals
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 06:59:55 AM »
I'm sure it can work out with the proper planning. Little bit of Mindblank here, little bit of illusions over there when needed.

The hypothetical dragon would actually be what it's claiming to be(mayor for example)...it just sorta lied about it's race.  :D

So far mindsight is really the only major wrench I've come across, and that should be able to be countered with a magic item that simply blocks the effect or gives the desired "reading."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:03:05 AM by ShadowViper »
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 07:17:40 AM »
Or maybe the dragon doesn't lie about it. Everyone knows, but it's not something most people get up in arms about it until someone invades, and then they sell tickets for the barbecue that's sure to ensue.

"Oy, Mayor Bill! The barbarian hordes are attacking again! What wine goes good with fillet of Mongol, red or white? I want mine well-done, if you don't mind."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:21:05 AM by Lycanthromancer »
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 07:41:00 AM »
I would think Mongols would actually fare pretty well against a dragon, relatively speaking.  Mobility++ for a horse archer, the Mayor won't ever be bringing that vicious full attack sequence to bear unless it's a charger.  Should be pretty rare for him to catch more than about 2 guys in a breath weapon or AoE spell once they know he's got 'em, too.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 03:06:47 PM »
But dragons have access to spells and metabreath feats they can abuse.

Plus, I'm sure he gets along quite well with the rodent population around the town. Hordes of squirrels and vorpal rabbits should teach those Mongol invaders a thing or two.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2011, 03:15:35 PM »
Fair enough.  Still, if you gotta go up against a dragon with low to mid level mundanes, a vast horde of mounted archers is probably one of the better options to do it.

Give 'em one DFI bard with an alphorn and a safe place to stand and it might even be a good idea.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."