Author Topic: Strange Bad Guy Build Help  (Read 1236 times)

vilenatas

• Curious George
    • Email
Strange Bad Guy Build Help
« on: September 20, 2011, 01:23:23 AM »
So I'm working out a concept for an NPC character for a game I'm dming.  My current idea is that the character has two personalities.  In one personality he/she is a full fledged necromancer with all that entails, and in another he/she is an transmuter that is focused on grafts and modifying living things.  I'm also considering doing a multiheaded template but having each head acting as a different character as well, but I'm still thinking that during certain occasions one head would just shut down while the other does its work.

Right now I'm stuck as to the necromancer build as I haven't really done them much, but I would prefer to stay arcane.  I'm thinking of using the ACF for enhanced minions, but I'm not sure it is worth it since the Libris Mortis feats dont' really stack with it.  Other than that maybe finding a way to gain turning and reflavoring isn't a problem as the game I run is fairly liberal on re-flavoring.

The transmuter I'm thinking Impure Prince might be an option and the grafting feats, since this character will be mostly focused on doing grafts and the aim is to be creepy more than anything (thinking along the lines of looking at the characters who have rushed in to slay the Evil Guy/Girl and have him/her look them up and down and say, Oooh, I've got something great that we could attach to you in an uncaring mad doctor type of way).

Thanks for any help.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Strange Bad Guy Build Help
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 01:48:59 AM »
Well, you've lucked into Dirty Trick #4, the Nasty Gentleman.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

vilenatas

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 01:58:14 AM »
Wow, that is just perfect and nasty at the same time.  Particularly the undead symbiont part which brings both conceptual ideas together as if in some sort of weird way they are working as a truly nasty team  :bigeye

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 11:22:55 AM »
Keep in mind for the Necromancer there is a way to get free Animate Dead spells cast by a 5th level caster. There is a summon on the summon monster 6 list called the Artaaglith (Ghostwalk) that is a 5th level cleric and gets animate dead once per day as a spell like ability. They look like satyr's but have goats heads and are CE Priests of Orcus.

Blind Sight

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • What am I doing there?
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 12:30:57 PM »
It's probably worth making some variant to Gestalt rules for this.