Author Topic: E6 - Maximizing Gather Information  (Read 5371 times)

jeffrie

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • nondescript young man over there for hire.
    • Email
Re: E6 - Maximizing Gather Information
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2011, 04:18:18 PM »
That sounds fun. I've sometimes played with similar concepts. We once co-DMed  a game where 3 DMs each controlled a country. If you entered that country we switched DM.

If there will be 'multiple characters' that could change your build? With that concept perhaps i would narrow each builds focus.

Back to the OP about Gather Info. If you narrow the focus then bard becomes an option. I can't think of many real detriments, and you would get 3 pronged info: Skills, Bardic Knowledge, and Spells. Where you would certainly get most of that with CC/X, a Bard6 might have even stronger narrow Gather Info focus.

"That's one for the good guys.
Current score: Evil 923,472,810, Good 1."

-Kuroimaken

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2011, 05:58:21 PM »
Very true, though straight rogue would do pretty good as well, it would let me keep up my social skills as well as profession barrister which is his background basis and why the party is interested in him.

We'll just have to see what the party really needs as time goes by. I'm interested in giving my fey warlock with dr3 cold iron at lvl 1 a try too, he'll eventually have invisble summoned swarms and with a little dm agrement the humanoid shape invocation at 6th. With the possibility to improve his dr up to 6 or seven with additional feats.

jeffrie

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • nondescript young man over there for hire.
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2011, 08:25:46 PM »
Very true, though straight rogue would do pretty good as well, it would let me keep up my social skills as well as profession barrister which is his background basis and why the party is interested in him.

I love building rogues/types. It's my favorite character. But it wouldn't give the 3 pronged divination. The bard has great saves at 5 also (2,5,5). B5/CH1 ?

Ya' know, Factotum from Dungeonscape gets all that, and adds Facto level to any skill, once per day per skill. Since you can only gather info more or less that often, it's great.
***If you're not familiar with Facto you should get familiar. I've been thinkin' E6 skillmonkey/caster/allaround and have been really considering Facto as my final choice.

You get ALL skills. HD8, 3/4 bab. Int+ to all Str and Dex checks/skills. Cast any Sorc/Wiz spell you can find at class level. Add class level to any skill 1/day. Int+ to saves and damage as a free action. Do 4d6 sneak attack 1/encounter. Nutty stuff at e6.

Facto5/ Chameleon1. Seriously.  :clap
"That's one for the good guys.
Current score: Evil 923,472,810, Good 1."

-Kuroimaken