Author Topic: Eberron Fluff for (almost) any build  (Read 3039 times)

Scrollreader

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Eberron Fluff for (almost) any build
« on: September 15, 2011, 10:57:13 PM »
If it exists in D&D, then it has a place in Eberron.

Alright.  I'm working on building another campaign of my own, in Eberron.  The last one went from level 1 to level 21.  In the process of explaining how you could fit a Warforged Incarnate into the setting, someone said "You should really put some of this stuff online."  So here's my efforts, such as they are.  Post a build, or a monster, or a PrC you're interested in, and I (and hopefully others) will help fit it into Eberron in ways which make sense, and are, as much as possible, playable PCs with ties to existing nations, organizations, and religions.  I can't promise your DM will let you play a Ruby Knight Vindicator in Eberron, or a Master Alchemist, but with a strong tie to the game world, it's significantly more likely!

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Eberron Fluff for (almost) any build
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 06:06:19 PM »
I think one of the ones I like best is probably the Sovereign Speaker.
You'd need a highly polytheistic pantheon with priests of the whole pantheon(sorta like chinese mythology, but also the catholic saints)
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 09:46:19 AM »
Unfinished build stub to try here.

feral stony human cleric (war) 1/barbarian (wolf totem) 2/fighter 1
flaws: inattentive, murky-eyed
feats: cleave, endurance, improved toughness, improved trip, knock-down, knowledge devotion, power attack, troll-blooded, weapon focus (heavy mace)
abilities: str 23, dex 12, con 20, int 4, wis 12, cha 6
skill ranks: jump 1, knowledge (geography) 7, knowledge (local) 2
languages: common, giant, orc
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 10:23:43 AM »
Seems like something from the Demon Wastes to me, or maybe a once-intelligent man who got mutated in the Mourning.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 10:28:51 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Scrollreader

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 11:26:59 AM »
Unfinished build stub to try here.

feral stony human cleric (war) 1/barbarian (wolf totem) 2/fighter 1
flaws: inattentive, murky-eyed
feats: cleave, endurance, improved toughness, improved trip, knock-down, knowledge devotion, power attack, troll-blooded, weapon focus (heavy mace)
abilities: str 23, dex 12, con 20, int 4, wis 12, cha 6
skill ranks: jump 1, knowledge (geography) 7, knowledge (local) 2
languages: common, giant, orc

Hrm.  Interesting.

If you're looking for a bit of pathos, maybe channel some of the Thing, from the Fantastic Four, then I'd go with him having been a bright young cleric of Dol Dorn, before the Day of Mourning.  Somehow, he survived the disaster, and it's taken him the years since to make his way out of what was once Cyre.  You can either have his family/friends have escaped, (though he may or may not let them know he's alive), or maybe be lost.

If you want something less tied to the Mourning, there's always Mordain Fleshweaver (or the Daelkyr, if you want to be ambitious).  Maybe you're a prototype for a new kind of Daelkyr monstrosity, escaped (or set loose to judge your capabilities).

If you want less tragedy, and "I'm a monster" sort of RP, then you can always talk to your DM about wedging a whole clan of feral stony humans into the game world somewhere.  Probably Droam.  If that's the case, you probably worship the Mockery, and either be contracted out by House Tharashk, or else on the business of the Hags.