Author Topic: So I'm thinking of specializing an Artificer for a new direction... (stealth!)  (Read 4556 times)

Caelic

• Hong Kong
Yes, I know, but that isn't an efficient use of XP.  A single scroll costs MUCH less XP, and gives only a modest GP cost as well... But I suppose you are right...

True, but last I checked, a scroll isn't a valid target for Metamagic Item.  Did they errata it to apply to spell completion items somewhere?

Scrollreader

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Well, for major buffs at level 11 an artificer gets a /class ability/ to let him apply a metamagic feat to a spell completion item, with a UMD check.
For minor effects (extend, etc) there is an infusion in Magic of Eberron (Metamagic Scroll) that works like metamagic item, except it only allows +2 or lesser metamagic effects to be applied, which works on spell completion items.

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
I thought a scroll was a valid target for at least one of the artificer's metamagic abilities...? Being a Spell Completion Item?
BG's other resident furry!

Caelic

• Hong Kong
I thought a scroll was a valid target for at least one of the artificer's metamagic abilities...? Being a Spell Completion Item?

Yeah, but he doesn't get Metamagic Spell Completion until 11th level, which isn't really helpful for those early levels you're concerned with.

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
What about the Metamagic Scroll Infusion, from Magic of Eberron?

Caelic

• Hong Kong
What about the Metamagic Scroll Infusion, from Magic of Eberron?

Not a book I have available to me, so I wouldn't know.  If it exists, and it works, sounds good.

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
So I guess I need to spend most of my WBL on one of those infinite scrollcases and as many scrolls as I can make with my level 1,2,3 craft reserve.  What feats do I get other than Darkstalker? Should I be something other than a Whisper Gnome? How about a Strongheart Halfling?  What feat do I need other than Darkstalker, at this point?  And anyone have good ideas on what some great scrolls to get are?

Maybe Changeling Able Learner Darkstalker, get a bunch of cross class skills?

How do you get H/MS as class skills? DMG II Apprentice Criminal? Does that get one or both? *Checks* ... Neither...

Okay, I found a feat to do it form Rokugan.  Now I just need a WHOLE MESS of scrolls, which are makeable at levels 1,2,3...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 12:54:55 AM by Gavinfoxx »

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Guerilla Warrior is an option. It doesn't make H/MS class skills but it makes them cost only 1 skill point to take as cross class skills (up to normal 1/2 max ranks for cross class skills).
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.