Author Topic: What templates to put on an Effigy Wyvern to make a durable Airship?  (Read 1405 times)

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
Hi there, I was trying to base an airship off of an Effigy Wyvern, in order to make an Airship.  The DM has already let me have a size increase (+1 size, +2 str -2 dex) to get it big enough for an airship, and is letting me make the insides hollow enough to live in for a while.  I was wondering what some templates which do NOT increase the cost or hit dice of it (and don't give movement modes beyond flight) might be, to give it a bit more durability? Also, it is important that it not look TOO freaky!  I'd be quite happy for some help, thanks!
BG's other resident furry!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: What templates to put on an Effigy Wyvern to make a durable Airship?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 09:18:00 PM »
Just plain barding would improve its durability and conceal some of its "freakiness". You can have it wear magic items too.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 09:26:05 PM »
Beware things like Glass Strike that will outright kill your Construct, and you, if inside. Nasty death, that, falling a couple hundred feet inside a glass cage that will shatter on hit.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 10:09:36 PM »
Eh, it will be under the effect of a few castings of Suspension whenever it is flying, so I should be okay.
BG's other resident furry!