Author Topic: [PATHFINDER] Angel of Death themed healer/buffer for Carrion Crown.  (Read 2767 times)

Chovox

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Veritas Vos Liberabit
    • Email
Hello all, I am going to be playing in my roomate's Carrion Crown campaign. After reading through the Inner Sea World Guide, I fell in love with the idea of some sort of Strix priest of Pharasma. I would like to really play up the "Angel of Death" motif. Like, wielding a Scythe and holding power over life and death, that sort of thing. I plan to try and build myself into a symbol, Batman style, to the Ustalavans. I know that it will be an uphill battle earning the trust of the townsfolk, but my DM gave me a letter of introduction from my own priest of Pharasma to the priest in the starter town, and he has basically told me I've got an "in" there.
So, wondering how to hash this out. I can pick up Heirloom weapon for the Scythe, and I am leaning towards the Evangelist archetype for Cleric. I am nervous about doing this, because it replaces your ability to spontaneously cast Cure spells. It may be worth it though for the Bardic Performance though. I am open to playing a Cleric, Oracle, or Bard. Basically anything with the ability to heal and buff the party, while being able to buff myself if I find myself alone.
Ever since 3.5, my roomate has insisted on Point Buy instead of rolling. However, ever since 3.5, he has insisted on high point buys, both when he plays and runs a game. I think it is because he likes the idea of having a high stat without sacrificing anything else. My opinion is that flies in the face of what a high stat means in a Point Buy, but oh well. So what was 36(I know, I know, everywhere else I played around 20-24) in 3.5 is now 30 point buy in Pathfinder. I'm not complaining though. Unless there is a more flavorful race for an Angel of Death, consider the racial choice of Strix set in stone, even if Oracle or Bard is on the table.
Now believe you me, I know for a fact that healing is not the optimal course of action. However, a condition of me joining the game is that I play something that can heal the party. This is non-negotiable. I don't mind. My first D&D characters were Clerics. Battle Clerics, but Clerics nonetheless.

Af
Strix Cleric of Pharasma 1
AL: N
STR 16 DEX 16 CON 10 INT 10 WIS 16 CHA 12
Atck: +5 Scythe 2d4+4(+7 2d4+6 w/Inspire Courage, Divine Favor)
Fort: +2 Ref: +3 Will +5
Armor: ?
Feat: ? (Was thinking Desperate Battler, on account that some of the campaign will be played solo, or only with the aid of my bud's Musket Master.)
Traits: Heirloom Weapon and ?

Any help or ideas on how to accomplish this concept? Being a fan of the Devil May Cry games, I was thinking maybe I could build towards being able to effectively throw my Scythe, now that Ultimate Combat has those two-handed throwing feats. Thank you for any replies.