Author Topic: 13th level Dark Sun Pathfinder Game  (Read 1845 times)

Nemo

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
13th level Dark Sun Pathfinder Game
« on: September 03, 2011, 11:40:58 AM »
OK, so I might have chance of playing in Dark Sun campaign. I have bunch of ideas and I'm unsure which to pick. Also, I have no idea what other players will play.
For my race, I'm definitely going human, because they are boosted here like a hell (+2 to 2 different attributes, +3 power points and one 1st level power from psion list on 1st leve, +3 power points at level 5 and free power from 2st level psion list, and +7 power points and free 4th level power on level 15? sign me up!) and I like being pretty  :p All stuff from 3.5 is still available, unless it's upgraded to Pathfinder already. Arcane classes are banned because of setting, unless they use different power source (for example, summoner using channeling power from his eidolon).
Ok, my concepts are:
1.) Classic erudite who spends his initial feats on item crafting and crafting discounts, crafts some power stones, and then psychic reform old powers away, etc. Might also use chameleon crafting and psychic reformations on stick to get some cool magic spells. What I would like to know here is what feats might be optimal for "crafting phase". Also, If GM won't consider Soul Manifester a psionic class, I might go Totemist\Erudite\Soulmanifester here.

2.) Big Bad One Winged Angel Summoner 11\Totemist 2. Girralion Arms, extra limbs, large, energy attack, grab, rend, rake, claws claws claws, lot of claws. Allows me to dump physical stats and grind mental ones, giving me extra skill points. Synthetist makes me melee monster with all these claw attacks, grabs, and large size, str around 30 points? Quadruped form seems like optimal choice for rake and pounce. Leftover points should be probably spend ond Skillful knowledges, so I can pimp my Knowledge Devotion. Question is, what feats other than power attack, extra evolution and knowledge devotion should I take, or do I still can use my hands while in quadruped form without spending limbs on it? Fear optimization might be cute here.
Biggest question is how to make my cute cthulu summoner don't look uncute while quadruped  :p

3.) Bard\Crusader, maybe with some synthetist dips. To say truth, rathen unsure about it, other than remembering that Draconic Inspiration is cool and Crusaders are cool. GM is rather OK with homebrew, so maybe Doll Judgement and\or Diamond Heart?

4.) I would like to try some cerebremancy, but I'm unsure what arcane class to use, remembering that most of useful arcane class are banned.

5.) I heard that Alchemists are fun and cool, but never dabbled in them. What they have to offer at level 13?

6.) Drink vodka, shoot lazor beams QuiGong Drunken Master Monk. Never really played a monk, but they seem more interesting in PF.

From what I understand, Dark Sun is high psionic setting so options usually thrown away "duhhh versus psionic enemy only" suddenly are much more interesting. Any ideas how to improve these concepts?

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
Re: 13th level Dark Sun Pathfinder Game
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 01:17:55 PM »
Dreamscarred Press worked with Paizo to create Psionics Unleashed.  The quality of those classes makes me want to suggest those above whatever else you might be looking at.  A Warrior Bond Wilder actually has potential to be quite obscene, since your Enervation will not completely shut you down and will not drain Power Points, and you can actually power a much wider variety of powers at-will at higher levels than a Psion.  You can expand this even more by grabbing Hidden Talent at first level, and picking a power like Astral Construct or Ectoplasmic Creation (basically Pathfinder's PMC).

Nemo

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: 13th level Dark Sun Pathfinder Game
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 07:40:49 PM »
Hmmm, these base classes look juicy indeed. And erudite is probably too powerful for this game, so I might stick to the Shaper instead and have some astral construct fun. Shaper seems fun enough to stay in for 5 levels.
Shaper 5\Dream Keeper 3\Phenotype Impressionist 5, what do you guys think? GM's "pathfinder upgrade" for these classes is +1 hd size bump and full manifesting progression, so it seems really cool. Hmm. It seems that I'm done with classes.
I really like Psianimate Dead. Is there any interesting option, like enveloping pits or other fun stuff, that allows me to easily transport my undead minions? I haven't really read all the powers in UNtapped Potential and Hyperconcous yet, so if there is anything worth attention, please point it to me, I will be grateful  :)