Author Topic: 3.5 Ravenloft: Accepting player(s)  (Read 7969 times)

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
Re: 3.5 Ravenloft: Accepting player(s)
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 08:28:41 PM »
Doesn't look like I'll be making it, so far just have normal human sorcerer with standard sorcerer feats as my only "concept". Just haven't been able to come up with anything interesting for a good/neutral sorcerer, really.  :(
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 08:31:19 PM by ShadowViper »
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 09:00:26 PM »
Maybe you can come up with some sort of theme? Focus on a certain array of spell types? Maybe focus on divination and abjuration or something, and outfit your character as some sort of magical detective, or any number of other themes/occupations. *shrug*

My character's mechanical stuff is done, including skills and equipment now: Sindre Ausperra, Dark Whisper Gnome Beguiler/Shadowcrafter/Shadowcraft Mage

I'll fill in the background stuff after I've gotten some dinner.
History
[spoiler]
Sindre Ausperra comes across as far more dark and brooding than most gnomes you may have met, but few of them have nearly as complex a history.

He once was young, naive, and fairly charismatic, growing up in a humble village with his loving father and a community that accepted that accepted him, despite the fact that his mother was a forest-dwelling Nymph who abandoned the child and left him to his father's care. His fey blood lent itself well to arcane talents of illusion and enchantment, and so the young boy, whose given name was Wigren Happenstance, took to developing his skills. Eventually, he fell in with a group of adventurers, and that's where the real tragedies began. Wigren returned to his village to bury one of his party-members after an unsuccessful quest, and that night the village was invaded by strange creatures. Unable to fight back since he had little to no combat capabilities of his own, the gnome fled, inadvertently running through a dark portal that had opened up amongst the chaos. He found himself in the Plane of Shadow, in-between worlds, where even now he was attracting the attention of sinister forces. He found another tear in the fabric of reality, and leapt through head-first. Finding himself in the world of Toril and with his magical powers altered, Wigren was very much a fish out of water. He joined another group of adventurers and discovered that his spells seemed more potent against the denizens of this world, though he knew not why.

Eventually, Wigren was kidnapped from this world back into the Plane of Shadow, where he was tricked into serving Shar, evil Goddess of darkness, night, and loss. Her agents fostered his studies of illusion magic, especially that of shadow magic and what they called the 'Shadow Weave.' Exposure to the plane had transformed him, draining the earthy colors of his skin and hair and replacing the traces of fey magic in his blood with material from the Shadow Plane. Not long after, Wigren discovered his would-be mentors' true intentions and snuck out from the crumbling fortress he had been training in. He gathered what gear he could and fled into a bank of rolling fog, hoping it would mask his escape. He never knew that he'd be jumping out of the pot and into the frying pan...
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 12:04:28 AM by VennDygrem »

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 07:41:52 PM »
Guys thanks for all the interest, I will be looking over your PC's and deciding which one fits best in the game currently. I will say if any future spots open up I will pm everyone here who posted. Thanks guys and I will reply again later.
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 01:21:10 AM »
Thanks guys I have chosen phaedrus this time, if another spot opens I will PM you all asap

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 07:26:54 PM »
Congrats to Phaedrus; I think I'll try to monitor the progress of the game independently, though, just in case another spot ever opens up. :D

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 11:46:56 PM »
Sounds good venny. I will be out of school soon so I might just let ya jump in anyways once my time free's up somewhat  ;)

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2011, 06:52:57 PM »
Hi guys. So as I thought, another spot has opened up. One of my players is really inactive so Im removing him. Also, a 2nd player is very very very close to the same fate.

Anyone interested in jumping in? Those who PM'd me before I still have any info you sent me.

the haunt

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2011, 07:21:35 PM »
I'm still on board, but I'm willing to let others get in on this ahead of me. If you somehow don't get enough players, count me in. :)

DrHorrible

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • The awesomest ever.
    • ItaSA
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2011, 07:43:50 PM »
I don't know the setting at all, and looking back on this thread it seemed like there were a lot of guys interested, so I'll start reading up about the setting and then I'll go for the second opening once this other player quits.

Sounds fine?

Believe.

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2011, 11:52:29 PM »
What ever you guys wanna do is fine. Take your time haha Im in no rush. Iv been working pretty hard on this high arcana game im going to start so Iv kinda put my ravenloft game on the back burner. Which works out with the inactiveness lol

heroicraptor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2011, 01:27:47 AM »
How about a Mineral Warrior Dwarf Sorcerer (going into Sand Shaper) obsessed with the power of the Earth?

SneeR

• Bi-Curious George
  • Sneering
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2011, 04:29:32 AM »
Color me interested!

There is so much literature to sort through, though. Could you give me a quick run-through on what's happening in the campaign, where things are, what character roles are present, and what are missing.

I like your house rules after a cursory glance, but I definitely need to know what I'd be promising myself to!
The answer to everything:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
SneeR
[spoiler]
I don't know if the designers meant you to take Skill Focus for every feat.
Sounds a little OP.

The monk is clearly the best class, no need to optimize here. What you are doing is overkill.

It's like people who have no idea what a turn signal is. They ruin it for everyone else.
When another driver brandishes a holy symbol and begins glowing with divine light, seek cover or get spattered with zombie brains. I do not see what is so complicated about this.
[/spoiler]

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2011, 12:48:00 PM »
I'm still interested :)
I'll PM you more of a background for the elf asap.
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2011, 02:36:10 PM »
sneer - a quick run through is posted in the main game thread, page 1. it has all the world info. as for where things are, i have maps posted as well  :D. actually everything you asked for is in the thread somewhere   :P   id rather not copy/paste it so just take a peek when you get a chance.

i will say we have alot of martial/melee characters.

others - go ahead and post your build here or pm me w/e  :lol
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 02:38:36 PM by dna1 »

DrHorrible

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • The awesomest ever.
    • ItaSA
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2011, 03:20:22 PM »
Seeing as there's already lots of people interested, I'll sit this one out.

Maybe I'll open a thread to see if we can find PCs and most importantly a DM to play a 10-12 ECL campaign. I've been dying to play at that kinda levels for a long time now.
Believe.

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2011, 04:26:02 PM »
this games ecl 10 currently, i think they are real close to 11th level. if your interested feel free to check out the info and post