Author Topic: A New Take on Orcs from my "mature" game's campaign setting.  (Read 4759 times)

Vindiction7

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Thought I'd share, since my players seemed to think it was interesting enough.

A bit of a preface... the setting for the campaign is a sort of sandbox points of light setting built from the inside out, rather than the other way around.

In this setting, orcs rage and rape and kill and pillage and don't like humanfolk.  Sounds stereotypical, right?

Well, there's a twist.

It began with a sorcerous acolyte of the goddess Melisandre the Enchantress, the patron of romantic enchantment, love, and magic.  Orcs have always warred with humans.  They just didn't get along.  But moreover, they were an affront to Melisandre because they felt no love in more ways than that... to them, mating was simply a practical matter.  The arousal for them comes from the notion that they are reproducing and creating new life.  The creation of new orc life is the center of orcish sexuality, and love doesn't play into it at all.

Anyways, this sorceress, Ermisande, acquires powerful, secret magics and weaves a powerful curse, laying all the women of orckind barren.  With this stroke, she hoped to rid mankind of the threat of the orcs forever.  However, her plan backfired.  The orcs soon realized that they could breed with humans, and that orc blood ran stronger than man blood.  Basicallly, "half orcs" in this setting were more or less orcs.  In their unified rage, they tore down Ermisande's tower and took her captive, using her to breed more of the orcs she so hated until the day she died.  In the modern day, *all* orcs are technically half-orcs.

Essentially, in this world, orcs have a biological imperative to rape and pillage and drag off the womenfolk of the humans.  :P

The poor orc ladies, though, become even more poorly treated second class citizens, and always have to strive to prove themselves useful enough to be considered "worth keeping around."

« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 05:29:05 AM by Vindiction7 »

yellowdingo

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: A New Take on Orcs from my "mature" game's campaign setting.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 12:29:37 AM »
Paizo had a similar conversation regarding the imperatives of Orcs but it went a little different:

Jana cowered helplessly with the other women in the treeline and watched as the Female Orcs dragged away their menfolk.
"We must do something." Whispered Dana Melando. The child bride of Hal Melando looked nervously as her husband was overcome with force.
"And what do you propose? You can barely lift your husband's Axe, and not enough to wield it in open combat."
"Perhaps we should seek the help of some heroes to rescue our menfolk?"
"Perhaps not." Kaily Ironbow spoke up for once in her life.
"What do you mean?" Dana Queried her companion.
"Mine was a bastard brute. Good riddance."

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 12:45:21 AM »
I'm sorry... what'd you say? I was distracted by the big boobies...

Although, I actually liked your take on orcs... Though, I must ask: are humans the ONLY things that orcs are breeding with? If they're so turned on by reproducing, that should make just about every living creature fair game... Making all sorts of monstrosities...*shudders*

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 01:28:10 AM »
I am currently making a silent prayer for the peaceful rest of female elven orifices in your campaign world. Just a thought.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Prak, the Mad

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 01:34:09 AM »
I actually rather like that take... it makes several consequences actually, one being that orcs more or less can't masturbate because they have almost no chance of procreating. It also means that orcs are actually turned on by the very thought of procreation and the words "Go forth and multiply" become orcish dirty talk... which makes for some very colourful colloquialisms. Finally, the vindictiveness of raping the perpetrator of the curse means that orcs are probably a good bit smarter than usual.

however this:
Paizo had a similar conversation regarding the imperatives of Orcs but it went a little different:

Jana cowered helplessly with the other women in the treeline and watched as the Female Orcs dragged away their menfolk.
"We must do something." Whispered Dana Melando. The child bride of Hal Melando looked nervously as her husband was overcome with force.
"And what do you propose? You can barely lift your husband's Axe, and not enough to wield it in open combat."
"Perhaps we should seek the help of some heroes to rescue our menfolk?"
"Perhaps not." Kaily Ironbow spoke up for once in her life.
"What do you mean?" Dana Queried her companion.
"Mine was a bastard brute. Good riddance."

that's fucking awesome.

yellowdingo

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 11:48:18 PM »
I'm sorry... what'd you say? I was distracted by the big boobies...

Although, I actually liked your take on orcs... Though, I must ask: are humans the ONLY things that orcs are breeding with? If they're so turned on by reproducing, that should make just about every living creature fair game... Making all sorts of monstrosities...*shudders*

The Midden Born

You wondered what elves do with defective babies...

Midden Elf (1/2 Orc, 1/2 Elf)
Bog Elf (1/2 Troll, 1/2 Elf)
Plague Elf (1/2 Human, 1/2 Elf): The human Plagues often use half human-half elf hosts to jump the racial divide.

My Personal favourite:

Halfling (1/2 Hal, 1/2 Fling) "I'm sorry dave I cant do that" + "Spluut!" :lol

If anything Male Orcs rape the Male humans to make them more compliant and docile for when the females get there.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 11:53:25 PM by yellowdingo »

Marco

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 10:05:45 AM »
I sort of stole the Troll or was it Ogre gods from David Eddings and the wildings from George R.R.Martin and smashed their beliefs together for Orcs. Gruumesh is the primary but only one of the Orcish pantheon and his name in Orcish is "Kill". There is also a god of eat and a god of burn. Their fertility goddess is Rutt and she is depicted as a pregnant female orc legs akimbo with representations of physical abuse on her face (black eye, swollen lip, various bruises and blood dripping. Orc women are not attracted to weakness. No Orc male gets laid if he can't physically overpower the female he is interested in. There is no distinction in their language between sex, love, mating or rape the word for any of that is Rutt. When they make war if they are more powerful than their foes they show dominance by raping them. Males, females, sexually ambiguous or abberation it's not like human attraction. It's just that the mahogany buggery rail goes to war with them. It's part of their culture.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 04:08:03 PM »
I think this is a great justification for all the er... stuff orcs do.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

yellowdingo

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 09:53:47 AM »
String theory is more about perception of reality than anything real so maybe you see orcs because they dont want you to see what is realy there...