Author Topic: Best Way for a Psion to Deal With Incorporeal Creatures  (Read 5670 times)

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
Re: Best Way for a Psion to Deal With Incorporeal Creatures
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 01:12:56 AM »
Another interesting note, many Incorporeal Undead do not resist Cold, and they all have absolutely terrible Fortitude saves, so a Cold-based Energy Missile could easily be much more efficient than Concussion Blast, miss chance and Saving Throw for half damage be damned.
Fort-save immunity problem comes in there...
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2011, 01:25:19 AM »
Another interesting note, many Incorporeal Undead do not resist Cold, and they all have absolutely terrible Fortitude saves, so a Cold-based Energy Missile could easily be much more efficient than Concussion Blast, miss chance and Saving Throw for half damage be damned.
Energy Missile, at least, can be used against objects, so you're still good to go against undead. The Target line says 'see text,' and then the description mentions targeting objects.

[edit] Actually, almost all energy powers explicitly mention objects, and the ones with saves have [see text]. So...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 01:28:58 AM by Lycanthromancer »
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2011, 11:03:10 PM »
Energy Missile, at least, can be used against objects, so you're still good to go against undead. The Target line says 'see text,' and then the description mentions targeting objects.

[edit] Actually, almost all energy powers explicitly mention objects, and the ones with saves have [see text]. So...
This.  Objects are affected just fine by energy powers, therefore Undead are not immune to them.

Psithief

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2011, 11:29:27 AM »
This is a slightly 'higher level' trick:

Get yourself Gloves of Endless Javelins (7000gp, part of the set 'Array of the Manticore').
Free action to create a "+1 javelin made of pure force" in your hand. It's force, so no miss chance!
Free action to drop said javelin. (The javelins don't disappear until they've been used in an attack or until the end of your turn)
Repeat until you have dropped your manifester level in javelins.
Use your standard action to manifest telekinetic thrust. 5pp, dealing between 5d6+5 and 15d6+15 magic piercing damage as a force effect (damage depends on your manifester level).

Done.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 11:34:57 AM by Psithief »

kremti

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 02:37:17 PM »
This is a slightly 'higher level' trick:

Get yourself Gloves of Endless Javelins (7000gp, part of the set 'Array of the Manticore').
Free action to create a "+1 javelin made of pure force" in your hand. It's force, so no miss chance!
Free action to drop said javelin. (The javelins don't disappear until they've been used in an attack or until the end of your turn)
Repeat until you have dropped your manifester level in javelins.
Use your standard action to manifest telekinetic thrust. 5pp, dealing between 5d6+5 and 15d6+15 magic piercing damage as a force effect (damage depends on your manifester level).

Done.

Hey, I like this one!  I have to go check the MiC to make sure this works!  :lmao

-K