Author Topic: Elves a question about bodies  (Read 23107 times)

Squirrelloid

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Elves a question about bodies
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2008, 06:20:33 AM »
Soooo .... Dragons are reptiles or not ?

(kidding :P)

(Still I haven't understood anything from what Squirelloid said :P)

I'm not sure if its worth actually trying to explain.

Dragons are Archosaurs.  Archosaurs are a group which also include crocodilians, dinosaurs, and birds.  That's the bottom line.
The ignorant shall fall to the squirrels. -Chip 4:2

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2008, 06:21:03 AM »
I decided to duck when the scientific debate started raging. My personal area(s) of academical interest are social behavior, law and communication -- all of this biology is just flying way over my head.

Which is also why I find the dirty jokes about getting it on with a dragon a lot more amusing than trying to determine if they're reptiles, descended from birds or the result of Bahamut's sneeze after a hangover. (Nope! It doesn't really have to do with the fact I'm a perverted jerk.  :D)
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2008, 08:27:33 AM »
If we apply biology to some of the other fantasy races things get twitchy pretty quick.  Catfolk for example...

"Is that thing BARBED????? WHy is it barbed?? IS it supposed to be like that???? You want me to what??? Um..I'm..a ..nun..of ST.Cuthbert....yeah...vow of celibacy...sorry.."

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2008, 09:32:55 AM »
Um, felines do not have very prominent barbs. It's not like there's razor blades on the thing. Really, studs would be a better word for it.

Now if it were a hydrid werewolf trying to get her to take the knot, you might be onto something. :P
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2008, 09:48:18 AM »
Basically, it came up to "The biologists changed their minds. We just have to wait long enough for them to change it again."

:P :P :P :P

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2008, 07:26:26 AM »
Um, felines do not have very prominent barbs. It's not like there's razor blades on the thing. Really, studs would be a better word for it.

Now if it were a hydrid werewolf trying to get her to take the knot, you might be onto something. :P

Yeah but the whole barb idea has worked its way into pop culture and its fun to mock  :D

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2008, 08:37:23 AM »

Yeah but the whole barb idea has worked its way into pop culture and its fun to mock  :D

So says the cat. :P
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2008, 08:42:26 AM »
From the same book of course you have the Equiceph and Thaskor:

"We're gonna need a few scrolls of Enlarge Person and some Cure Embarassing Wounds Potions..."

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2008, 02:58:39 PM »
"We're gonna need a few scrolls of Enlarge Person and some Cure Embarassing Wounds Potions..."

I'm assuming Cure Embarassing Wounds doesn't work for really hard kicks to the balls?
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2008, 03:16:36 PM »
Nothing works for that. :P
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2008, 02:24:01 AM »
I am pretty lost on any specifics of biology, or any other scientific thingy where looking it up on wikipedia doesn't get me the answer. However, I'd say that the fact that in a stock 3.5 setting half-(almost anything)'s actually exist says that evolutionary biology and just plain biology can just go fuck each other. You'd probably even get a half-evolutionary biology out of the pairing.
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

Feylin

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2008, 03:08:18 AM »
 :D :D :D
We touched on this. I decided in my game the Lythari have knots. Also they have the lengthy ejaculations. Do you think that was taking it too far?

Fuzzy_Logic

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2008, 03:08:11 AM »
Banor-- seriously, go ahead and look it up.  "Clade" and "cladistics" are good places to start.  as are "phyletic" and "paraphyletic" groups.

This was all covered in my required freshman bio class over like one lecture, so I'm sure you could pick it up pretty fast.