Author Topic: Heroics  (Read 9322 times)

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
Re: Heroics
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 04:00:11 AM »
Doesn't the spell itself explicitly state that a second casting of it overwrites the first?

Just looked at the PDF.  I see nothing to indicate that.

Actually, realized later that the spell that DOES have this wording is Mirror Move from 3.0 web article.

Mirror Move is potentially more powerful in that it can grant you multiple feats using one spell slot, but someone has to demonstrate the feats first.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 11:13:46 AM »
Doesn't the spell itself explicitly state that a second casting of it overwrites the first?

Just looked at the PDF.  I see nothing to indicate that.

Actually, realized later that the spell that DOES have this wording is Mirror Move from 3.0 web article.

Mirror Move is potentially more powerful in that it can grant you multiple feats using one spell slot, but someone has to demonstrate the feats first.

"Mirror move allows you to reproduce any general feat with an obvious physical effect that you observed another perform within the past 10 rounds, providing you meet the prerequisites for that feat."

Really, I think that part makes the spell quite impractical, unless there's some trick involved.

edit: To clarify, it's the 10 rounds thing.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 11:18:48 AM by Shiki »
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 11:26:38 AM »
Leadership combined with Persistent Spell to Mirror Move a bunch of feats early in the day and keep them all day.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 11:28:39 AM »
Hence "unless there's some trick involved."
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

Tr011

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • preparing arcane spellcaster
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2011, 11:36:59 AM »
Is there a 3.5 version of Mirror Move?

Redeemer of Ogar

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • My wife's art page:
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2011, 04:24:01 PM »
Not trying to sideline this thread too much, but if Phaedrus's interpretation is correct does that mean that mean you can stack multiple body of the sun from spell compendium or multiple pulse of hates from phb2 to cause enemies to take your aura damage multiple times?!

I'm having trouble seeing how PXY's comment pointing up the section on "spells that provide bonuses or penalties" is relevant to our question of spells that "produce varying effects if applied to the same recipient more than once" such as Heroics.

Regarding Body of the Sun, that would at best fall under "Same Effect More than Once in Different Strengths", you'd roll each set of damage, and your opponent would take the highest roll. A better example from that book is Elemental Body, which transforms your body into an elemental substance of your choice and grants abilities based on the choice. Under PXY's interpretation you could become both water and fire at the same time, and presumably you would attempt to extinguish yourself with your own drench ability.  Would be fun to watch. :)