Author Topic: Harmonious Knight: Not as cool as I'd like it to be  (Read 6404 times)

Bill Bisco: Eloquent Elf

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Harmonious Knight: Not as cool as I'd like it to be
« on: August 27, 2011, 05:54:32 PM »
I recently found a link to the Web Enhancement for Champions of Valor which has the Harmonious Knight ACF (Alternative Class Feature), instead of getting detect evil, they can get inspire courage.  However, I haven't found a use for this since Inspire courage is not bardic music.  It can't qualify for War Chanter, Dragonfire Inspiration and the like.  It really sucks, but that's what seems to be the RAW.  Thoughts?

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
Re: Harmonious Knight: Not as cool as I'd like it to be
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 06:06:20 PM »
I recently found a link to the Web Enhancement for Champions of Valor which has the Harmonious Knight ACF (Alternative Class Feature), instead of getting detect evil, they can get inspire courage.  However, I haven't found a use for this since Inspire courage is not bardic music.  It can't qualify for War Chanter, Dragonfire Inspiration and the like.  It really sucks, but that's what seems to be the RAW.  Thoughts?
Are there ways to get bardic music or its equivalent for prereq purposes without Bard?
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 06:32:54 PM »
Are there ways to get bardic music or its equivalent for prereq purposes without Bard?

Heartfire Fanner PrC from Dragon Mag.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 06:56:59 PM »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 10:02:39 PM »
Stub I posted some times ago:

Mhm?

silverbrow human paladin 20 (harmonious knight sub levels)

15+ cha, 15 int, str>con>dex>wis

1-from smite to song
human-dynamic priest
3-lingering song
6-initiate of milil
9-devoted performer
12-dragonfire inspiration
15-words of creation
18-open

paladin acfs/variants: w/e
music of creation: trade inspire competence for song of the heart
switch other bards song to your liking

items: badge of valor, mwk? lute, vest of legends, battle rattle, continuous item of harmonize

spell: inspirational boost

From Smite to Song (Champion of Valor) effectively gives you Inspire Courage Bardic Music.
Initiate of Milil (Champion of Valor) is awesome.
Devoted Performer (Complete Adventurer) for more Bardic Music daily uses.

Anyway, the stub is far from perfect but is food for thoughts; I also am not sure if you can take those Bard ACFs' songs from your (I think "effective") Bard levels? ???
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

Bill Bisco: Eloquent Elf

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 10:06:17 PM »
No your post is pretty cool and I hope most DMs would allow it.  Unfortunately none of those feats or ACFs grant bardic music so by RAW it doesn't work.

radionausea

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 08:36:58 AM »
Heartfire Fanner.  Though it has two AWFUL feats as pre-reqs.  Negotiator and Skill Focus: Perform. :shudder:.  However a 1 level dip gives you 5 levels of bardic music and effects, the ability to gran your allies a feat and +1 CL
Stronghearted halflings do not exist.

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 08:48:54 AM »
^Btw, you can buy Skill Focus (Perform) for 5k from Heward's Hall (Complete Scoundrel), making it somewhat less painful.
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)