Author Topic: need help making jake the mind wielder(ultimate telepath)  (Read 2286 times)

miz redavni

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • all your planets are belong to us
    • Email
need help making jake the mind wielder(ultimate telepath)
« on: August 26, 2011, 06:10:31 PM »
I believe this goes here... its a bit of fluff and maxing(I think... kind of...)

If you get the refrence its a bit like jace the mind sculpture

Ok I'm trying to make a controller of any and all kind of mind things. Your memories are my design, your past is a painting I drew. Your current thoughts are what I allow. All that kind of stuff. I'm making it really for just rp(I have several barbarians and clerics in my party so why not be rp important since combat is pretty much covered).

I've already decided to go spell to power aridite(or however its spelled), my major problem is spell and power selection.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
Re: need help making jake the mind wielder(ultimate telepath)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 09:37:43 PM »
Spell-to-power is the only way to get Mindrape on a psionic character, so definitely required.

Brain Spider, Modify Memory, and probably some more.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

miz redavni

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 09:48:36 PM »
Alright. Ill totally check those out...

I'm having a little problem getting to my books so I can't even really do my own research at the moment. That's the major reason I'm asking for help. I have a few hours to find this stuff out before my friends ask me why I'm not at their place with a done character

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 10:21:13 PM »
Erudite: Variant in the Back of Complete Psionic
Convert Spell To Power Variant: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070629a
BG's other resident furry!

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 10:42:11 PM »
Mindrape/Programmed Amneisa: BoVD/Spell Compendium.

Brain Spider: SRD
Modify Memory: SRD
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

miz redavni

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 11:56:46 PM »
@gavin; yea I know, I was already planning on going spell to power. I would have sooooo many more options for powers for this build if I did.

@snake; ok thank you. Ill check those out

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 01:48:17 AM »
Take a look at the beguiler spell list for a shortlist of some decent enchantments.

Keep in mind that you can trade your bonus psycrystal feat at first level to be both a Discipline Erudite and a Spell to Power Erudite.

For the telepath powers at lower levels, and for the 5'/lvl telepathy, (Although you can access mindbender 1 pretty easily so at high levels I wouldn't bother).

Basically it's like building a enchanter wizard and a telepath psion.  XPH is on the webbernets, and there's guidebooks for the various useful spells you'll want.  Keep in mind that due to Experience Is A River, you'll be a level behind.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 05:37:21 PM »
Telepathy Discipline Erudite is one spell level better than StP on Telepathy alone,
but you have to have someone else supply the arcane + divine Enchantments.
And you need Chameleon Crafting feat from Dr#349.

Erudite 7 / Mindbender 1 / Erudite X+ ... do you really need Thrallherd at this point.

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 09:57:04 AM »
Erudite gets 2 bonus feats at first level that both call themselves 'bonus feats'.  One is a specific feat.  However, the wording in the ACF means that you can trade away both and be a Discipline Erudite and a Spell to Power Erudite at the same time.