Author Topic: PF Artificer (Adamant Entertainment)  (Read 4191 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
PF Artificer (Adamant Entertainment)
« on: August 26, 2011, 12:02:19 PM »
So what do people think of it?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/adamant-entertainment/artificer

I have little experience with the 3.5 artificer myself, but I've heard complaints about the PF one sucking. Is this just relative to the insanely-powerful original? Is it because of the poor editing? (5 + Int skills? No Fly as a class skill? Round fractions up?)
What tier would you place it in?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: PF Artificer (Adamant Entertainment)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 05:18:30 PM »
Ok heres a breakdown:

Weird Science is significantly stronger than Infusions. With full access to multiple spell lists, the devilry is just asking to happen. By the first few levels you're an appallingly potent blaster AND all round handyman.

Item Creation, you got all the feats, all you need is the time. PF's crafting means you only need to optimize your craft check to be able to handle it, prereqs are no concern, and theres no XP cost.

T1. Hands down.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 05:32:57 PM »
Weird Science is significantly stronger than Infusions. With full access to multiple spell lists, the devilry is just asking to happen. By the first few levels you're an appallingly potent blaster AND all round handyman.
Hmmm... yeah, that spell progression is "What." material. Wait two levels, then two levels, then six levels, and they can't duplicate cantrips?
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 06:02:46 PM »
So yeah, whoever said it was weaker was smokin something good.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 08:10:20 PM »
Attempted to sort out some of the issues here.
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 04:20:52 AM »
Hopefully you do something about the casting mechanic. Its really lazy to just say "oh and you get all the lists ever"
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]