Author Topic: Catfolk Warblade dual-wielding daggers  (Read 5362 times)

Vicerious

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Foolish Mortal
    • Email
Re: Catfolk Warblade dual-wielding daggers
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 02:43:27 PM »
If you're taking the barb dip, see about using the whirling frenzy alternate rage. It boosts your Str and grants an extra attack.
"A witty saying proves nothing." --Voltaire

Anarchy_Kanya

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Bisexuality rocks! Anarchy Rules! Anarchy Girl FTW
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 02:53:48 PM »
Yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks.

You know about Catfolk Pounce?
YMMV, personally I agree, that Lion Totem Barbarian 1 is better.
I know about it, but Lion Totem is better.

- CHA-based spellcasting, wether aquired by Bard, Sorc, Dragon Devotee or other means
If I wouldn't mind playing a caster, I would play a straight Bard. But I don't want caster.

- Frightful Presence or other Fear-Inducer
Where can I find that? It would be cool to scare the crap out of my enemies. :D
Fly Away With Me!
We Are Angels! Anarchy!
[spoiler]
Once my 12 level VoP exalted Monk beat a Horned Devil. ALONE! The only dmg the devil could do to me was from one spell-like that he menaged to shoot out before he droped. :D
wow... you are the epitome of trolling...

Non complete list of people here that are not fuckwits: bearsarebrown, BeholderSlayer, Dictum Mortum, Ithamar, Kajhera, RelentlessImp, SeekingKnight, Shiki, Solo.
You didn't include yourself. Does that mean you're a fuckwit? ???

Hi Welcome
Then I can assume the answer to the question is "Yes".
[/spoiler]
Making Fighters special - lil project by me.

Dawnmor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 04:25:52 PM »
Feral template is a good alternate.

Ivory Knight

• Curious George
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 07:16:09 PM »
- Frightful Presence or other Fear-Inducer
Where can I find that? It would be cool to scare the crap out of my enemies. :D

Frightful Presence for a feat and max. ranks in Intimidate can be found in Draconomicon, many more ways to scare your enemies reside here
(BTW: Caedrus should update this Handbook, it is missing a few feats and classes. Like the above mentioned Frightful Presence and the ever useful Hexblade).

If you are playing in Forgotten Realms, there is one feat, that makes Fear useless: Blooded.
Also some types of Monster are immune to Fear, as may be some NPC's(Paladins, Blackguards, you get the general idea...)

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 07:44:51 PM »
EDIT: If you can find the feats for it. Double Hit is an immensely powerful way to power Stormguard warrior. Get +8 to attack and damage whenever your opponents provoke AoOs is pretty good, especially if you have some way of making sure your opponents provoke a lot of AoOs (like Thicket of Blades + Karmic Strike). It does require like 5 feats and some AoO enablers though (although one of them is a warblade bonus feat).
Does not work.  The extra attack granted by Double Hit is not an attack of opportunity.  I, personally, would just stick with Two-Weapon Fighting -> Gloves of the Balanced Hand and use Dancing/Raging Mongoose for additional attacks beyond that.

Also, even if you're going Shadow Hand, keep your Strength high.  You can save yourself a feat on Weapon Finesse and deal almost as much damage with Shadow Blade up if you just pump Strength instead of Dex.  It also makes the Strength boost from Barbarian Rage not meaningless and gives you a not-too-bad option of picking up a free Improved Trip with a second level of Barbarian (UA Wolf Totem; call yourself a Leopard Totem Barbarian or something).  The majority of your damage output, however, will still come from Stormguard Warrior.

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 07:47:50 PM »
Crescent knives?
:hide
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

Anarchy_Kanya

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 08:13:38 PM »
lso, even if you're going Shadow Hand, keep your Strength high.  You can save yourself a feat on Weapon Finesse and deal almost as much damage with Shadow Blade up if you just pump Strength instead of Dex.  It also makes the Strength boost from Barbarian Rage not meaningless and gives you a not-too-bad option of picking up a free Improved Trip with a second level of Barbarian (UA Wolf Totem; call yourself a Leopard Totem Barbarian or something).  The majority of your damage output, however, will still come from Stormguard Warrior.
Hm. Okay, I'll do that. But which stat shall I increase on later levels? I have +1 to stats from 4th level. Where should it go? Currently they're: Str 16, Dex 14 (18), Con 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14 (16)
Fly Away With Me!
We Are Angels! Anarchy!
[spoiler]
Once my 12 level VoP exalted Monk beat a Horned Devil. ALONE! The only dmg the devil could do to me was from one spell-like that he menaged to shoot out before he droped. :D

Non complete list of people here that are not fuckwits: bearsarebrown, BeholderSlayer, Dictum Mortum, Ithamar, Kajhera, RelentlessImp, SeekingKnight, Shiki, Solo.

Hi Welcome
[/spoiler]

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 09:02:41 PM »
I would increase strength, and I would dump one of the mental stats to make it a little higher, if possible.  That said, items that add to Strength, Dex, and Con should be used.  You're almost making use of enough stats to justify a belt of magnificence.

Anarchy_Kanya

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2011, 07:32:10 AM »
Not only are all the mental stats useful to this character (Int for Warblade, Wis for Swordsage, Cha for Battle Dancer), but also it's how I'm imagining her - well rounded, not too strong and not too smart, but decent. I know that my choices are sub-optimal, but the game isn't high-op, so I'm concerning myself more with fluff then with mechanics. The problem is that I'm at most just mediocre at optimization and Am afraid that my concept is too sub-optimal even for a low-op game, that's why I asked for help.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 07:36:30 AM by Anarchy_Kanya »
Fly Away With Me!
We Are Angels! Anarchy!
[spoiler]

Hi Welcome
[/spoiler]

Catty Nebulart

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 02:07:08 AM »
Hmm, it looks like your problem is solved, though there is a homebrew ToB class that is an excellent tank here; http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=12071.0

Since it aims at string tier 3 it might be a bit too strong for what you are aiming for though. It does have the advantage on running entirely on Dex and Cha, which are a cat-folks good stats, and the free weapon enhancements should make dual weapons more cost effective.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 04:11:02 PM by Catty Nebulart »
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Anarchy_Kanya

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2011, 08:19:26 AM »
Yeah, it looks like my build is done. Thanks to all who helped. :)
Fly Away With Me!
We Are Angels! Anarchy!
[spoiler]

Hi Welcome
[/spoiler]

Nagukuk

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2011, 05:24:13 PM »
Crescent knives?
:hide

HEH HEH ... you know i have been trying to build them into a character since I first read them in DragonMag. I just could never make my self do it ... every attack is basically a chance for double your strength and double magic damage, as the two edges of the blade do potential damage.  :D