Author Topic: The Armor & Weaponry Handbook  (Read 37469 times)

Bill Bisco: Eloquent Elf

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Re: The Armor & Weaponry Handbook
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 02:43:35 AM »
You need a definite description of what each ability does.  Your list simply tells me what you like, and I still have to look up the item to see if it works for my needs.  This limitation largely removes the usefulness of your handbook.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 07:22:16 PM »
Isn't this a complete rip off the 339 one?

I suppose it isn't plagiarism if you are JWT, you should say so...

If not, what have you added of your own?
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Bastian

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 09:47:29 PM »
Isn't this a complete rip off the 339 one?

I suppose it isn't plagiarism if you are JWT, you should say so...

If not, what have you added of your own?
He cited where he got the non-original content in this thread though he apparently forgot in the final handbook. Also if you will note, he did add the weapon and armor Modifications and the Alloys (after Maat_mons suggested it to him).

Edit: Also just for correctness there was never one handbook on 339, there were three handbooks on separate topics. The Weapon and Armor handbooks were by JWT and the Materials one was by Terronus, so even if he was JWT (which I guarantee you he is not) he would still be using information written by others without citing it (in the final thread).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 09:22:33 AM by Bastian »

SolEiji

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Summon the Meteor Pony!
    • D&D Wiki.Org
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 03:07:56 AM »
Will this eventually include armor modifications, such as what the templates like feycraft do for armor, or things such as... not thistledown, whichever one acts as padding added to armor and reduces ASF and the like?  I hope so.
Got homebrew?  I keep all my 3.5 homebrew on the D&D Wiki.org!
Current Count: 1333 pages by me and climbing!

Suichimo

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 04:58:49 AM »
Considering the need for ability prerequisites for Synergy abilities, such as the Elemental Power abilities, would your rating change any if you included the base ability in with it?  For instance, an Air Elemental Weapon is required to have Shocking or Shocking Burst on it before it can gain that property.  This effectively makes Air Elemental Large a +2 ability rather than +1.  Does it still hold up?

DawnbringerSO

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2011, 04:21:30 PM »
Why haven't you done time buttress? +5 shield enhancement from MIC that makes you immune to everything until the end of your next turn. Standard action to activate.