Author Topic: Pathfinder Sumoner (Synthesist) questions...  (Read 4776 times)

Leviathan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Pathfinder Sumoner (Synthesist) questions...
« on: August 21, 2011, 12:06:20 AM »
So, the Synthesist variant of the Summoner lets you bond with your Eidolon rather than call it separately, however I've got a couple of questions that the SRD doesn't define:

1) When fused, do you still keep your gross physical characteristics? eg if I'm a human and I fuse with a Serpentine Eidolon, are my own arms & legs functional? And if yes, does that mean that I can use my base land speed rather than the Eidolon's?
2) If I "Gain the Eidolon's HP as temporary HP" am I able to use heal spells to 'heal' these if my temporary HP get damaged? Otherwise I have no idea how the Eidolon could be healed.
3) Do I get the Eidolon's saving throws? I'd assume no since it's not specified but otherwise I have no idea why they'd even be recorded.

DeSt

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Pathfinder Sumoner (Synthesist) questions...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 06:18:30 AM »
So, the Synthesist variant of the Summoner lets you bond with your Eidolon rather than call it separately, however I've got a couple of questions that the SRD doesn't define:

1) When fused, do you still keep your gross physical characteristics? eg if I'm a human and I fuse with a Serpentine Eidolon, are my own arms & legs functional? And if yes, does that mean that I can use my base land speed rather than the Eidolon's?
2) If I "Gain the Eidolon's HP as temporary HP" am I able to use heal spells to 'heal' these if my temporary HP get damaged? Otherwise I have no idea how the Eidolon could be healed.
3) Do I get the Eidolon's saving throws? I'd assume no since it's not specified but otherwise I have no idea why they'd even be recorded.
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/v5748btpy8k8r/faq
1. nope unless you take appropriate evolutions.
2. nope. rejuvenate eidolon spell is not working by RAW, however allowed by the same faq. otherwise - you have no eidolon, there's nothing to heal.
3. no.

Leviathan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Pathfinder Sumoner (Synthesist) questions...
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 11:04:28 PM »
*Scratches head*
No idea how I missed that errata/FAQ