Author Topic: Recommended maneuvers for low-mid level masochistic crusader?  (Read 1171 times)

weenog

• Grape ape
Recommended maneuvers for low-mid level masochistic crusader?
« on: August 14, 2011, 12:27:03 AM »
A question about use of Pain Mastery got me thinking I'd like to try this.

LN or LG (LN more likely) Dwarf Crusader 5/Fighter 1/Exotic Weapon Master 1/Crusader +5
substitution levels: dwarf fighter 1
feats: Improved Toughness (1), Weapon Proficiency: Waraxe and Urgrosh (race), Extra Granted Maneuver (3), Axe Focus (fighter 1), Combat Reflexes (6), Pain Mastery (9), Diehard (Crusader 10), Robilar's Gambit (12).

Abilities (28 point buy)
Str 15 (base) +1 (levels) +4 (enhancement) = 20
Dex 14 (base) +4 (enhancement) = 18
Con 16 (base) +2 (racial) +2 (levels) +4 (enhancement) = 24
Int 10
Wis 10
Cha 8 (base) -2 (racial) = 6

The plan is to wield a dwarven waraxe in two hands to take advantage of EWM's Uncanny Blow, soak up as much damage as possible, and hit back hard with Furious Counterstrike and a Pain Mastery-inflated Str score. Trouble is, he'll be starting off as a Dwarf Crusader 5/fighter 1, with ability scores more like Str 17, Dex 14, Con 19, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 6, which brings me to the point of this thread.

I'm looking for maneuver suggestions to help this guy remain alive and dangerous from level 6 to level 12.  Obviously Devoted Spirit will be a must for healing incoming damage, but beyond that I'm uncertain.  Do I focus on Stone Dragon and be neutered when an enemy flies, or do I stick with Devoted Spirit and hope nobody has the same alignment?  Shall I look to White Raven for group tactical advantage, or try to strike a balance between the three disciplines?

I'm also considering taking Poor Reflexes and Vulnerable flaws (DM's rule, 2 flaws for 1 feat) to help with getting hurt and to add another feat to help me function early.  Adaptive Style is attractive for obvious reasons, Power Attack would go nicely with Uncanny Blow.  Which is likely to be more useful for this crusader?  Or am I better off keeping it simple and avoiding the flaws entirely?
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."