Author Topic: Ephemera: OOC Thread  (Read 16454 times)

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
Re: Ephemera: OOC Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2008, 07:54:10 PM »
Oh yes, I was waiting for Dan2's response to your canyon description.
As far as I understand, we're going into the canyon at the bottom, me first, with a lantern in my left hand and my m-w.scimitar in the right. :D

You're welcome to change that Dan2, if you got a better plan.
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Dan2

• Honorary Moderator
  • Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2008, 03:04:37 AM »
Nah, that's good with me.

This week has been hell... I apologize for being absent.

Unfortunately, it won't be any better until after next week at the earliest.

I'll try to stay on top of things.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2008, 02:12:23 AM »
What languages do you guys speak??

Dan2

• Honorary Moderator
  • Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2008, 04:54:52 PM »
Updated Sheet

Common, Elven, Draconic, Goblin, Orc, Gnoll, Gnome

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2008, 04:58:23 PM »
Well gosh darnit.
I could have swore I'd picked that allready.

Well then, Common, Orc, Dwarven.
[Spoiler]
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2008, 12:48:18 AM »
I know I have asked this before, but do you guys want me to open up a thread in the main area for more players?

Dan2

• Honorary Moderator
  • Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2008, 03:30:18 PM »
I'd be fine with as few as three, and Atrocity has been working with me to make a character to play.

He's simply busy most of the week, and hasn't found time to sit down and post his plans.

As for adding other players...  I'm not opposed to it, but each player slows down the game a bit IMO.
(Not that I *don't* slow down the game :P)

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2008, 05:52:02 PM »
LoL! He'd better hurry, then. There is a good opportunity to introduce him in the next few posts or so...

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2008, 06:44:17 PM »
I won't mind more players, really. If nothing else, we're a bit undermanned.
I'm comfortable with 3 but also up to 6...
So I'll adapt. As long as we're enough people not to get hopelessly overwhelmed (which I doubt) when we shouldn't, I'm fine.
[Spoiler]

[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Cagemarrow is a Genius

tarbrush

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2008, 08:38:27 PM »
Hi all, are you still looking for new people?

And if so, what do you need?

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2008, 08:41:03 PM »
Yes we are looking for people. And be whatever you want to be :P

tarbrush

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2008, 08:48:04 PM »
Cool.  It's kinda late over here, but I shall peruse the houserules and hopefully have something up tomorrow.

Dan2

• Honorary Moderator
  • Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2008, 11:31:24 PM »
LoL! He'd better hurry, then. There is a good opportunity to introduce him in the next few posts or so...

He said he'd finish around Friday, so...

tarbrush

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2008, 10:28:24 AM »
What're we counting as a dual progression class these days?  Or, can I take Unseen seer?

Oh, um, also, I'd quite like to take Abrupt Jaunt cause I hate familiars, but obviously I don't want to abuse it too hard.  Would you be OK with upping the range to 15 or 20 feet in exhange for making it a swift action rather than an immediate action, or maybe just nerfing it to a swift action?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 10:40:53 AM by tarbrush »

syntax_error

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Let loose the hounds of RAW
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2008, 12:42:41 PM »
Still got room?

If so, I'm thinking of a Star Elf Bard//Spirit Shaman. A few of questions:

Obviously: is Star Elf allowed?
Would Dynamic Priest (for cha-SAD Spirit Shaman) be allowable?
Would Charming the Arrow (from the Fey Feature article) be allowable for an elf?
Does casting in light armour work with another class's casting?
Wealth by level, as standard?
Melodic casting: does it work with concentration checks for armoured casting?

That's all I can think of at the moment.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2008, 05:40:15 PM »
Yes, I think we still ahve room.

To your questions:

Star Elf is not in one of the books allowed for PC races.

I have never heard of Dynamic Priest (so I am assuming that it is not in the books I have listed).

Same with Charming Arrow (i.e., not one of the books).

Casting in Light armour will only work with the class that gets it as a feature. A Warmage//Sorcerer, for example, will still have to make Concentration checks when casting Sorcerer spells.

Yes. You start with level 6 gear as per WBL table, no more than half in one item.

No. Melodic Casting doesn't work that way. Although Casting Difficulty uses the Concentration mechanics, it is not the same as a standard use of Concentration to cast in difficult circumstances. One is because armour interferes with the caster's ability to manipulate the Aether, and the other is due to someone stopping you from making the right gestures for the spell.

fil kearney

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • KILLFEAR.COM
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2008, 06:10:42 PM »
I'm also taking interest...

Either a crusader//psiwarrior or crusader//duskblade (was PHBII on the list?) or crusader//inspiring bard
Race is unimportant to me.. whatever option would fit best with the team. 

Of course, it looks like there is some competition... I can say with confidence that I'm around for as long as the game is. 

Do I need to outwit other performers? perhaps arrive at a specific destination before the others? Do I need perhaps to get a note of approval from one of the more tenured professors at the university?
...  may not be the smartest in the facility, or even the best to introduce to those that control the budget, but I have more than proven my value to the institution with the pints of blood poured in defending what would be considered, "research expeditions".  Quite frankly, the discovery of new-- and by that I mean ancient and forgotten-- artifacts and locations is worth every body I've skewered, severed, and squashed: every wound I've suffered, every spell I've fallen prey to, and all five of the diseases I've miraculously bounced back from.

In fact, the university would consider me a model staff member; one willing to risk his life and soul for an ideal: The recovery and advancement of knowledge for the sake of knowledge.* 

*And power-- but let's face it: if I actually discover significant power, I'll probably be killed by more tenured staff members.  I came to grips with that some three years ago after ingesting a rather large dose of poison with my evening wine.  Luckily I survived, and that little cabal was later expelled.  I managed to get three of the five, but the other two have proven to be elusive.  I'll get them, tho.  Just wait.  I'll get them.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2008, 06:27:32 PM »
Hmm... I think you are smoking some serious stuff, Fil :P

fil kearney

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • KILLFEAR.COM
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2008, 06:45:06 PM »
Does that mean yer inviting me to sit down at the table and pass it around? 

I"m still reading up on the game, so my portrayal of a society with no room to grow may be a bit off, but I assume the bureaucrats will be vying for power, and as ancient things get uncovered, those same bureaucrats will want to figure out how to keep it under control.

But you'll show us how it works as the game goes, I'm sure.

tarbrush

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2008, 07:10:55 PM »
/gently nudges DM in the direction of unanswered questions above.