Author Topic: Anyone have a list of prestige classes that ADD spellcasting from their own List  (Read 6294 times)

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
Hi there, I'm looking for a list of prestige classes that both add spellcasting AND have their own particular spell list, like Assassin does.  I couldn't find a list of them in the Lists of Stuff thread. :(  I guess these classes are intended to add some spells to classes that do not have spells to begin with?  I'm looking for stuff that might be relevant for an Artificer's spell list.  If anyone can help with a consolidated list of PrC's like this, I would be very, very thankful!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 04:52:42 PM by Gavinfoxx »
BG's other resident furry!

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
Re: Anyone have a list of prestige classes that ADD spellcasting?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 04:11:12 PM »
Trapsmith is the most important one. but Assassin is another and there's a few in BoED.  Also check out Nar Demonbinder... and don't forget the Paladin, Adept, and Ranger lists.

JaronK

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 04:28:56 PM »
Oh, I meant that start at level 1 casting.  I know about the other base class lists.  Prestige classes that start out by casting level 0 or level 1 spells, from their own unique list, often prestige classes meant to go along with non casting base classes.

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 04:38:56 PM »
Sule Arcanamach
Vigilante

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
Suel Archanomach uses the Wizard/Sorcerer list, so no go.  Vigilante has their own list, though I am not sure if I see anything on that list that is lower level than the other sources in which you could get those spells (bard, wizard, etc.).  Still, Vigilante fits, like Assassin.

Mixster

• Grape ape
Knight of the Weave?
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
Wow, I had no idea that existed!

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
  • Lord of the Kitchen Sink
 Blighter   :hide
My (sometimes offensive) Web Comic Faux Blast
Can you find the Wumpus? (Hint: start with the spoiler....)
[spoiler] :beathorse [/spoiler]
...........  :joystick

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
Blighter   :hide
Are there any spells on the Blighter list that are NOT on the Druid list (which you had to give up to get into Blighter)?
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Divine Crusader (Complete Divine) uses the Cleric domain list.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Saxony

• Donkey Kong
  • My avatar is from the anime "Pani Poni Dash!".
Sand Shaper (Sandstorm page 76) adds a bunch of spells known, and some spells are good. So that's a little like what you're asking.
If I say something about real world physics, and someone disagrees, assume I am right 90% of the time. This number goes up to 100% if I am late night posting - trust me, my star dust sibs.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
Shadow Lord, Runescarred Berserker, Champion of Gwynfrtyrtyrtryty(BoED)

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental

That's because its not a handbook its an index. Prime is the only mod who's really around and he doesn't understand the difference. Otherwise I'd have all that stuff (and every other indexing thread) in a subforum for everyone's quick reference
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped

That's because its not a handbook its an index. Prime is the only mod who's really around and he doesn't understand the difference. Otherwise I'd have all that stuff (and every other indexing thread) in a subforum for everyone's quick reference

Did you actually asked for something like this to be done already? 'cause I'd "Plus Fucking One" this idea, like, alot.
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.

He understands the difference, he just doesn't feel that they're different enough to merit their own section. You'd probably have more luck if you moved to have the subforum renamed instead of establishing a second one and moving threads around, which would lead to some confusion among users. If both of those thread types remain in the same forum, it makes them easier to locate with the search function.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental

Did you actually asked for something like this to be done already? 'cause I'd "Plus Fucking One" this idea, like, alot.
:clap good to know I'm not completely crazy. Granted half the stuff in there might seem like mine, but I'd hope that other people would look at my success (and oranization!) and contribute their own indexed topics sans character options (aka handbooks)

He understands the difference, he just doesn't feel that they're different enough to merit their own section. You'd probably have more luck if you moved to have the subforum renamed instead of establishing a second one and moving threads around, which would lead to some confusion among users. If both of those thread types remain in the same forum, it makes them easier to locate with the search function.
The search function searches the forum its searches its subforums as well right?
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
The search function searches the forum its searches its subforums as well right?
The search function by default doesn't search children.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
Psi has a limited number of these.

War Mind is good.
The two Monk based ones are not so good.
Some of the Mind's Eye and 3.0e un-updated stuff.

More complicated:
Thrallherd and similar have a few "inside" manifester thingies.
As a for-instance, a Soulknife / Thrallherd gets and can use the Charm stuff.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing

There's no significant difference.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.