Author Topic: Need help for a build.  (Read 1694 times)

Blind Sight

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • What am I doing there?
    • Email
Need help for a build.
« on: July 28, 2011, 09:20:27 PM »
Greetings. I've already asked for help at ENWorld, and I don't disagree with what they said, but I thought I'd get a second opinion here. Anyway, I'm working on a build (obviously) based off of Xigbar from Kindom Hearts. I want the Immediate Magic Conjuration from PHB 2 for his ability to teleport. Besides that, he   dual wields arrow guns, so hand crossbows seemed like the logical choice. For getting off a lot of shots, Aptitude Weapon Splitting Everloaded Hand Crossbows of Speed. Originally, I wanted sneak attack damage on it, so they suggested Assassin's Stance, with Swordsage. The build I concluded with based on what they said was Wiz 1/Fighter /Ranger 2/Swordsage Everything else. The Fighter and Ranger levels are to clear myself up of some of the many feats I would need. I was also thinking Wiz 1/Sword Sage 2/ Warblade everything else, with maybe a Prestige Class squeezed in there would be nice. Aptitude Weapon Enhancement is for the Shadow Blade Feat, and with the levels in Warblade, I'd get an extra attack with each weapon, by picking up Perfect Two Weapon Fightingm which would amount to 4 extra hits from splitting. I'm looking to stick to the flavor, but make it as mechanically useful as possible. Thoughts?

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
Re: Need help for a build.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 10:02:27 PM »
If you're mixing wizard and swordsage, jade pheonix mage seems like the way to go. 

Are you using the wizard variant that gives you a fighter feat instead of scribe scroll? 

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 10:07:10 PM »
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

Blind Sight

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • What am I doing there?
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 10:09:03 PM »
No, I forgot about that, and I can pick up the first TWF that way. What about Wiz 1/Sword Sage1/Warblade Until JPM?

Blind Sight

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • What am I doing there?
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 10:18:24 PM »
This could be helpful.

Thanks, that's a handy point of referrence! What book is targeteer in?

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 10:45:22 PM »
This could be helpful.

Targetteer is a fighter variant from Dragon Magazine 310.
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

Blind Sight

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • What am I doing there?
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 06:40:57 PM »
This could be helpful.

Targetteer is a fighter variant from Dragon Magazine 310.

Thanks. Also how many shots would I be able to get. According to what I've figured so far, a base of 4 in each hand from PTWF, 2 from speed, and each one splits, so that's 20. Then another 1 in each hand from Rapid Shot, which is an extra 4. I'm not sure how Many Shot would factor in, mathematically. Also, the build Shiki linked has a 2.5 Dex boost to damage, would Shadow Blade stack with that, due to the Aptitude Weapon Enhancement? And are there other way I've missed to increase how many shots I make?

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 10:06:53 AM »
If you are using hand crossbows, you might as well take the exoticist fighter from the same issue of dragon, loses profiency with Martial weapons, but gains profiency with 4 exotic weapons.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Blind Sight

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • What am I doing there?
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 01:46:36 PM »
If you are using hand crossbows, you might as well take the exoticist fighter from the same issue of dragon, loses profiency with Martial weapons, but gains profiency with 4 exotic weapons.

These are all ver interesting, but I'm having trouble finding links to Dragon Magazine material. Does anyone know a place I could get my hands on these variants?