Author Topic: Have money, need weapon  (Read 11837 times)

behaigo

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Re: Have money, need weapon
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2011, 11:32:39 PM »
I am loving this.  I think I will have it wear +1 proof against transmutation leather armor, a periapt of wisdom +6 and something to counter disjunction.  What other magic items would work well? 

Also, what spells should it prepare?  I think I'm sticking with having it be a cleric, and maybe even stock up on nightsticks if I find any good personal spells for a sword.  Is there a way for me to share spells with it familiar style?
My Unitarian Jihad Name is Brother Gatling Gun of Reasoned Discussion.  What's yours?

This is the best name generator ever!

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2011, 02:17:09 AM »
Can you select a given creature as your Familiar? If so...

Polymorph Sword into a Toad->Declare the Toad as your familiar->allow Polymorph to wear off.

Also, what kind of arguments would you be able to make that the sword itself could be gestalt? If you can get it approved, gestalt Spellthief and Rogue.

Get polymorphed into a cat or something->Have the Katana declare you as a familiar->let Polymorph wear off.

Voila, you can steal random spells and/or buffs from enemies every time you attack.

If your Sword steals a spell effect, it transfers it to you, and then ends the effect on itself. You share it back, so that the buff doesn't count against spells steal-able.

Also, you get 10d6 SA damage thrown on.

Of course, this is all cheap, so you could get one katana that's a cleric, and another that is the above spell-sharing spellthief abuse. (I like the second one. It is sexy from a "this is a DEADLY sword perspective.")
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

behaigo

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2011, 05:59:59 AM »
What would be a good prestige class for my sword?  Unfortunately gestalt is not an option.
My Unitarian Jihad Name is Brother Gatling Gun of Reasoned Discussion.  What's yours?

This is the best name generator ever!

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2011, 11:53:09 AM »
Warweaver, if you can get it...

Wait a second, if you go for the Dragonfang option, you could, I don't know, go for hyper optimized Bard...

Wooh adding +18 to attack and 18d6+18 damage to EVERY Attack for your entire party!
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing