Author Topic: Changling Charlatan vs Church Inquisitor  (Read 2267 times)

Kasz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Changling Charlatan vs Church Inquisitor
« on: July 26, 2011, 11:31:27 PM »
The Master of Lies against the finest seeker of truth I know.

Charlatan Handbook.
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=6543.0Immune to Charms
Says immune to enchantment spells and effects, but I assume not immune to diplomacy, although the sense motive would be through the roof. But I don't think the charlatan has any enchantments, it's all Ex abilities.

Pierce Illusion / Disguise
The illusion component has no effect on the changeling however the disguise element does, the changeling has a +10, the Inquisitor has a +4 I think we're safe here.

Immune to Compulsions
Again, no spells are being cast, so I believe immunity to spells has no effect, again "spells and effects" I'd like made clearer but as I see it... no worry here.

Force Shapechange
The mother of all dangers for a changeling pretending to be someone he is not. The rest of my party do not know I'm not human so being hit with this could be devastating! Do not let the inquisition touch you!
The changelings ability is supernatural and this works against all abilities, whether Ex, Su, or SLA it counters them all. This knocks you back to a grey skinned gangly limbed humanoid for 1d6 rounds if the inquisitor passes the CL check to dispell your shapechange and is at At-Will ability.

Immune to possession
Well... it won't help him find me.

Discern Lies
vs Master of Lies? I win, this has no effect.

Learn the Truth (Su):
By Touching a creature that has lied to him a church inquisitor of 10th level and higher can force the creature to tell the truth. the creature can make a will save (DC 10+ level + cha) to resist this mind affecting compulsion effect. If the saving throw is failed the creature must speak the true version of the lie it uttered. This ability can be used 3/day.

Again with the touching! well, this ability is potent but I am unsure here... Is this a Divination Spell? or just a compulsion effect? Does the seeker of truth have the ability to coerce the master of lies into spilling the beans? I think so... but it's hard to tell tbh...

Final thoughts?
Don't let the inquisition touch you. Tell them you hate being touched, you have fragile skin/bones. They'll do a discern lies or zone of truth and you'll come up looking like honest Abe and they'll not be able to touch you.

If an Inquisitor touches you or uses true seeing... well damn son you're going to be found out.

Why is this post here? Proofreading. Did I get something wrong? tell me.