Author Topic: Dead Earth: United  (Read 9573 times)

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
Re: Dead Earth: United
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 05:10:03 AM »
[spoiler]Any last words or actions from anyone before Builder pulls off his stunt?
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:30:34 PM by ragincajun2288 »
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

Gnomeo

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 06:38:42 PM »
"Check the "lock" button first.  The brake lights should light up.  We need to make sure the alarm isn't from the car right next to them.  That would lead the monster directly at them, which would be bad.  The lock shouldn't make too much noise if you only press it once."

Chuck climbs into the ambulance through the back door and settles into the driver's seat.  It's been a long time since he drove one of these.  Not since his EMT days while training for the firehouse.  Dave usually insisted on driving; which was just fine by Chuck.  Dave.  Chuck had tried not to think about him too much, even though he was Chuck's only real friend before this all started.  The way he died...

Chuck shakes the thought from his mind, turns to Builder and nods.  "Ready when you are."

Actions
[spoiler]Preemptive driving check: Drive the Amber Lamps (1d20+5=21)[/spoiler]
Status
[spoiler]HP: 14 (bitten)
AC: 16
Action Points: 8
+8 on next Fortitude save vs. disease[/spoiler]
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

Mystic Lemur

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 12:31:45 PM »
Builder nods, and hits the lock button instead.

[spoiler]Spot: (1d20=19)[/spoiler]

If he sees that the car is a safe distance away from the others, he will hit the alarm.

[spoiler]
HP: 24
AC: 17
AP: 10[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 10:48:05 PM »
Chuck memories fade as he focuses on the task at hand. This crazy plan the new comer hatched up... it may just get them out of this. He reaches down to the ignition and touches the keys, ready for the word.

Builder is glad of the falling sun, the light would have been impossible to spot a couple hours of ago, but still dark comes. And with the darkness, more danger. As it stands though he can spot the dim light of the tail lights blink from across the parking lot. His thumb hovers above the emergency button, one press and hell broke loose. He looks over at his friend Brock and Reagan, and the new comer Hudson. Doctor Reagan no longer seemed ready to fight, he seemed interested. He saw the lights on the car, so did Brock and they both nod, pressing against the wall as they realize Chuck is inside the ambulance.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Builder nods back and hits the emergency button. The fragile silence is shattered as the car alarm suddenly goes off, beeping very, very loudly. Builder was sure that more than this beast would come a running. The monster of course immediately looks up from the corpses it had been eating on, turns and roars...it roars like the producers of Jurassic Park thought a Tyrannosaurus Rex should roar. Builder puts his back to the the ambulance, nearly stunned still. <A lesser man would have shit his pants!>

Builder peeks around the corner as the giant beast takes off towards the parking lot. Suddenly it's slow clumsy lumbering had become a long, ground eating stride. A terrifyingly quick one. The beast ran past the wall where the others were pressed up as tight as they could get to it, looking rather ridiculousness actually Builder can see their eyes bulge from where he was standing as the rest of the party saw the beast for the first time in all it's ferocity. Any other time he may have laughed at Brock.

The beast jumps. It fucking leaps into the air and comes down on the truck, crushing the end of it down with it's two powerful fore legs. Then it begins using it's huge blades.
To tear apart the entire truck until it has ripped the bitch into two pieces.

Chuck looks out the window of the ambulance, stunned. "Holy shit...." Pulling himself out of it he guns it. Builder grabs hold tighter to the back with a whoa moment as the ambulance surges forward. The vehicle skids to a stop by the building and Builder holds out his hand. "Lets go, lets go! Get in"!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The rest of the party runs and hurls themselves into the back of the ambulance. Builder pulls the doctor in by hand so hard the man goes flying by inside.

"Everyone in"? Chuck asks.

Builder looks back before he answers and then his mouth opens but no sound comes out as he sees the beast turn and see them. "Go...", he mutters...too quietly at first. "GO"! He Roars. Chuck suddenly guns it and the ambulance surges down the road and towards one of the exits. The beast begins chasing them, matching them in speed easily as they drive off.

Chuck comes to the curve in the road that goes outside the gate. "Hold on"! He yells back over his shoulder. He spins the wheel and the ambulance nearly goes up on two wheels as he takes the tight curve far too quickly than most people would attempt. Everyone in the back swings back and forth, slamming into each other and the walls as they hang tight.

Suddenly one of the door's swing open and Builder, Hudson, Doctor Reagan, and Brock all look as a portion of the low brick wall suddenly explodes outwards and the bladed huge beast immediately comes through and begins chasing them down the street.

"You got to be kidding me"! Brock yells.

"Chuck...drive". Hudson mutters.

Chuck looks in the side window and his eyes widen. Looking forward he focuses on the road ahead and it's obstacles.

[spoiler]Drive check Chuck, everyone else, you have half actions to use. Check the game notes for my custom rules on Chase combat.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 12:01:15 AM by ragincajun2288 »

Gnomeo

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 02:52:36 AM »
Adrenaline in full swing, Chuck finds a smooth section of road to ease into the chase and make sure they get a decent head start on all four wheels.  He checks the side mirror for their pursuer.  <Not today, Destroyah.>  Without taking his eyes off the road, he says, "I'm headed for the police station, unless someone has a better idea."

Actions
[spoiler]Drive (1d20+5=19)[/spoiler]
Status

Mystic Lemur

• Email
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 11:01:24 AM »
"Hey Brock, see if you can give Chuck a hand. Spot for him or something." Builder says, as he tries to maintain his balance.

[spoiler]Hoping Brock takes the hint and aids Chuck's drive checks.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2011, 01:40:15 AM »
As soon as Chuck finishes his words he sees a broken down car materialize from the road in front of him. "Ahhh"! He spins the wheel one way causing the ambulance to violently swerve. The boys in the back are holding tight though as he manages to swerve between a light pole and the car and then back onto the road. Behind them the beast leaps over the small car and hits the road with a thud, continuing to run after them. It seems to lose a little speed and is now 50 feet behind you.

"Not bad but I'd still rather be driving myself", Brock grumbles as he takes the seat next to Chuck. "Listen if I holler, okay? We might just make it out of this".[spoiler]Chuck as long as Brock is directing your driving from the side seat you receive a temporary +2 to all drive checks.[/spoiler]

Doctor Reagan curses as the ambulance swerves and dips on the road. "I can't steady my aim", he roars. He puts the rifle across his arm that is holding on to a grip near the ceiling and attempts to look through the scope and fire.

The bullet strikes the beast but he seems to ignore it. The doctor focuses his eyes, although his glasses are nearly falling off his face, and shouts. "You've got to get past his plate like skin". He looks to Hudson, "Excuse me new guy but a little help here"!?

shallowesoul

• *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2011, 05:41:28 PM »
what do you think your doing Doc. that thing would tear us to shreds if it sees us.
[spoiler]diplomacy-1d20=2[/spoiler]
let the past be left unchanged, for it is a lesson of what our future is bound to be.

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 04:52:51 AM »
The doctor stares wide eyed in amazement at Hudson and turns to Builder. "I think this one's damaged". Looking back to Hudson he shakes his head and screams hysterically. "It's been chasing us for two blocks if you haven't noticed"!

The beast begins picking up speed and is now only ten feet from the vehicle. Reagan begins cursing as it closes the distance. He turns to Builder, "We gotta do something"! Before screaming at Hudson. "Close enough for you"!

Suddenly Brock yells from the side seat and points towards the middle of the road. "Hot dogs"! Chuck's eyes widen as he realizes the road is blocked by a hot dog stand.

[spoiler]Drive check Chuck. Everyone else actions. It's a "new round" per se. Oh yeah...I wouldn't advise letting the beast catch you.[/spoiler]

Mystic Lemur

• Email
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2011, 11:05:56 AM »
"Brock, I hate to renig on our deal, but I need that grenade back." <What's the delay on these things again? Don't want it to blow too late... or too soon. Heh.>

[spoiler]
AP: 10
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:54:24 PM by Mystic Lemur »

Gnomeo

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2011, 01:53:33 PM »
"I don't remember ordering a coney."

Actions
[spoiler]Drive (with Brock's +2 bonus): Steer clear of weenies (1d20+7=13)[/spoiler]
Status

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 04:04:09 PM »
At Chuck's comment Brock gives him a side long look. This fellow cracked jokes to stay cool too? Either that or the strain of this day and age was becoming too much for him.

"Hold on"! Brock yells as they hit the hot dog stand. The ambulance nearly obliterates the small thing, pieces of it and hot dogs go flying everywhere. "Fuck". Brock yells as hot dogs pelt the windshield. Chuck swerves a little but manages to stay on the road. He looks in the side mirror to see the beast tear through the leftovers of the stand even more easily, never losing ground. Chuck mutters to himself.

Brock then turns to Builder and reaches out with the grenade in his hand. "Kill the fucker but don't kill us"!

"And hurry"! Doctor Reagan yells, firing another round. The bullet hits the beast and it roars. The Doctor's eyes widen. Did he hurt it? Either way it did not slow, it was still about ten-fifteen feet away.

Mystic Lemur

• Email
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 11:49:17 PM »
Builder grins and pulls the pin. "One-Mississippi." he says, as he lines up at the doorway. "Two-Mississippi" he says, as he underhand lobs the grenade straight at the beast's roaring mouth. "Chew on that, Reaper", he can't resist saying the most stereotypical movie line he can think of as he ducks behind the closed ambulance door.

[spoiler]
I was going to make a touch attack and roll damage, but Invisible Castle seems to be down. If I forget to edit it in, feel free to roll for me.

Grenade: (1d20+5=15, 4d6=18)
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 12:58:31 AM by Mystic Lemur »

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2011, 07:04:42 PM »
The grenade lobs through the air as the beast roars at Doctor Reagan's rifle attack. It's mouth is closing as the grenade homes in but due to the velocity of the grenade leaving the moving ambulance and the beast's rapid approach it does not close in time.

Seconds tick by as the beast continues to chase them. Builder looks out through the window of the ambulance and curses.

"Nothing's happening"! He begins to yell as the beast opens it's mouth to roar at them. Suddenly a dull thud is heard and fire erupts from the mouth of the beast as it is just about to swing a giant blade at the back of the ambulance.

With a shrill, weak roar the beast falls in the middle of the road, sliding to a stop so hard it slams into the side of a car, nearly knocking it over. Was it dead? Surely...the party leaves the beast behind as they speed around a corner, wheels skidding as Chuck drives on.

Builder roars a victorious cry, pumping a fist and Doctor Reagan leans over to look out the window to follow suit, yelling in victory.

Brock looks back and laughs, "Chuck I think you can slow down, I'm pretty sure Builder did it".

Chuck looks in the side mirror and nods, a smile appearing on his lips. They had done it, the beast was no longer behind them. But there was still Lily.

"I'm not slowing down now", Chuck says, "A friend of ours is very hurt and she needs our help now".

[spoiler]The battle is over. One final drive check is required for Chuck. You guys are only a minute or so away from the police station now. You'll be there very soon.[/spoiler]

Gnomeo

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2011, 03:25:06 AM »
Actions
[spoiler]Drive (1d20+7=12)[/spoiler]
Status

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2011, 04:53:11 AM »
Chuck peels into the parking lot of the police station. "We're here"! He reaches for the door and Brock looks back to the Doctor and Builder with one last look, a look they easily deciphered. (We're trusting these guys? Okay, let's go). Brock pulls his door open and follows. Builder pushes open the double doors of the ambulance and drops down, landing heavily on the pavement. He appears to not notice, only looking to the left and right while holding a ridiculously large combat knife.

Hudson and Reagan drop out the back after him. Reagan looks around and his eyes go wide at the number of bodies still left out, and the scorch marks from fire and grenades all still visible by the light of the fading sun. "My God...what happened here"?

"A lot". Chuck muttered as he walked by.

Reagan cups a hand to his ear. "I hear a helicopter guys. Judging from what I've seen so far with the military I don't want to be anywhere close".

The party moves forward to see that the barricade in front has been smashed in.

[spoiler]If you're moving inside the police station, and I'm assuming you will, then post in the United board. Congrats on Uniting the team finally.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:54:48 AM by ragincajun2288 »

Gnomeo

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2011, 12:15:26 PM »
Chuck notices the school bus parked outside the police station.  "That's new."  Instinctively, he pulls out his axe.  He then notices the infected lying on the ground.  Pointing at them with the head of his axe, he says, "So are these."  As his attention turns from bus to infected to barricade, his heart sinks.  The mission to the hospital was a success: medical supplies, a few weapons, and a few capable survivors as a bonus.  But all of that would be wasted if the ones they sought to help were taken in the process.

Wiping sweat from his brow with the back of his sleeve, Chuck heads for the hole in the barricade.  "LILY?"

Status

Mystic Lemur

• Email
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2011, 12:26:52 PM »
Builder looks to Brock, "Maybe they have some vests we can use. Or some Riot gear." he says with a chuckle. To everyone else, "I don't hear gunshots. Either we missed the party, or we're just in time."

As Chuck advances, Builder will come up from another angle. He tries to keep an eye out for anything moving their way.

[spoiler]Spot: (1d20=17)[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2011, 11:24:21 PM »
Chuck wipes his brow. Boy it's hot out still...or is it the fever returning? He sighs. What was going to happen to him? Did anyone know?

Doctor Reagan glances at Chuck from the corner of his eye. The adrenaline was still pumping in him, in them all probably, but Chuck looked worse for wear. Looked like the boy was about to pass out. The man calls out the girl's name. Was it worry for the girl combined with whatever he had faced this day that made him look worn? Doctor Reagan swings his pack over his shoulder and re-checks the contents. Good. He had everything and anything he could possibly need to treat the girl and the others. But if she was bitten? There wasn't much hope then. Females were usually smaller and weaker than males, so far there had been no human to his knowledge that had survived the fever and body wracking pain that came with infection.

Brock grins at Builder. "Riot gear? Awwwww yeeeeeaaahh". He looks around and sniffs. "I smell hot blood. We just missed it". Doctor Reagan looks over and shoots him a very worried glance.

Builder breaks off and comes from the other side of the door way as Chuck came head on. Well someone had to be careful but he supposed the man was worried about the female they had left behind. Builder takes a look around. The place had been a battle ground. Scorch marks and bodies lined the ground along with cracked barriers, one broken completely. Still...a great place to hold off attack if his tools could do some work. Scanning the area his eyes catch the helicopter Doc was talking about, it's near a skyscraper about 4 blocks away in down town. Bet down town was still full of pandemonium, although he hadn't heard gun shots or explosions recently. Surely there were more survivors somewhere.

Lily walks over to the door way having heard a voice call her name. It sounded familiar...Chuck? Funny that a man she had met only yesterday afternoon could fill her with such joy to hear from. She looks out the broken barricade as Chuck looks in, they see each other she and sees Hudson as well. She smiles, they both made it back...and they brought others?

Wow did she have a lot of explaining to do she realized.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:27:25 PM by ragincajun2288 »

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2011, 10:21:36 PM »
"Chuck! Hudson!" Lily helps to let the guys inside and looks with interest to their new companions. "Hello," she says tentatively. "... well, let me fill you in first, but then it's your turn," she says to Chuck with slightly confused look toward the unfamiliar men. But if they trusted these newcomers, surely Lily could learn to do the same. Survival was key and the two bigger ones looked sturdy--a good quality to have on your side now. When they have all entered, she nods a greeting and introduces herself.
[spoiler]Lily stands at an average height with typical Irish heritage features--the reddish hair, greenish eyes, and even a few freckles. She is confident in her posture and strong from her training and the recent battles. And her eyes reveal a hint of something new and strange.[/spoiler]
"Condensed version: After you left, more infected came at us. Few could fight back and I was already injured--we hardly had a chance.. but then that bus pulled up and Lee of all people came off it, acting a hero and getting rid of the monsters. But once he got inside, all he wanted was to keep all of us to feed his infected daughter! He sent me out to check out the sound of another of those terrible clicking tongue things. Instead of that, we found a Russian scientist hiding in an alley and she gave us a syringe of the virus that I'm sure caused all this! The officer that accompanied me died instantly after injection, helped by her shot to his head... Then, insanely enough, I injected the same virus... But it was that, or die at the hands and mouths of the very things we're fighting. Yet here I am! I finished off the creep on the wall, then hit Lee and his daughter. He got to the civilians and tried to hold one hostage, but as you can see, I got him... after the kid bit his arm! Hah, ha, hah..." She cuts off, but a small, weird smile remains. "And that's how I got here. A lot to take in, but the truth can be crazy now. The people are back there, a few missing from the Lee disaster." At that, her face becomes more serious again. "What about you guys?"

Status
[spoiler]HP: 19
AC: 20