Author Topic: What are your fave 3.x or Pathfinder modules to play, GM, or/and theorycraft?  (Read 981 times)

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Intro
Most official 3.x and Pathfinder modules aren't meant for optimizers of our caliber.  We can make psionic sandwiches (or sandviches for you Team Fortress 2 players) and all sorts of other amusing and powerful things.

Yet what scenarios are most fun to play, GM for, and theorycraft with this CO mindset?

Please avoid spoilers as much as practical when discussing these modules!  Don't ruin 'em for the rest of us!

Play List
Red Hand of Doom (L5-10) - My Hood Cohort.  D&D isn't made to withstand one-shotting or one-rounding everything officially printed.  I didn't fear the villains in this module since I had Ebony, my dragoon cohort, to destroy everything.  Then she got dominated.  Still got a happy ending.

GM List
The official modules I GMed were brief, but easily solved by a properly optimized character or party.  The homebrew scenarios and campaigns I've run were meant for a party of heavy optimizers, which my players weren't and aren't.

Theorycraft: You haven't played nor run it, but you've read the module
Bastion of Broken Souls (L18-19) - TN Human Diviner5/Red Wizard10/Archmage2 with Leadership UMDs a staff of holy word and has a staff of moment of prescience.  Only the last boss poses a threat, and that's if you lose initiative.  Beaten by a solo core Wizard's astral projection.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"