Author Topic: PC Help: Githyanki Rogue in Planescape  (Read 924 times)

Chaotic_Goth1431

• Monkey bussiness
  • Necrogeek of Many Fandoms
    • Email
PC Help: Githyanki Rogue in Planescape
« on: July 17, 2011, 04:46:15 AM »
:bigeye

The title says it all, folks. I am currently involved in a Planescape Pbp specifically centered around githyanki living in the Git'riban ghetto who are swept up in the events following the death of Vlaakith the Lich Queen (or as I prefer, Her Undeadness). The odd band's status on the social hierarchy range from stranded gith warriors, to exiles,a Knight of Vlaakith, a telepath, several shady individuals, a small group of githyanki mid-twentysomethings (+ one teen), a duthka'gith psychic warrior/Illithid
Slayer and last, but not least, my character.

The character in question is a Hive Ward-raised former Collector who managed to work her way up to become a doctor (I rarely play female characters btw) specializing in virulent outbreaks, hence her moniker of "Plague-Healer". Her class, for those who want to know, is militant rogue for the purposes of fitting her background into the incursion path set prior to the start of the game. Considering that a large aspect of the gameplay is revolving sround mistrust, unlikely allies and general paranoia, I was given permission to add a twist: due to an accident on a raid in Limbo, my character's mother somehow absorbed the soul of a githzerai warlock infiltrator which broke the mother's mind and attatched to the only other mind malleable enough to adapt to the possession. From birth, this githzerai has shared a symbiotic existance with my character and taken the opprotunity to manipulate her to the point of deliberatly keeping her ignorant of githyanki ways unless it suited his goals, such as when he encouraged her to join an Incursion force that was recruiting in Sigil. (His goal is to eventually obtain another gith body since he has been dead too long to be ressurected)

However, my character has begun to take charge of her actions around her fellow githyanki more often, instead of immediatly deffering to the ghost to solve everything for her, which in turn pisses him the fuck off, since he has a more than unhealthy interest/obsession with her. Yes. In that way.  :P

My problem is this: How do I keep her from being the rookie/fish out of water throughout the whole game?!  :banghead
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss. If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose. If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself. - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

------------------
78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature