Author Topic: Positive Feedback about the Podcast/ Forums/ Website, etc  (Read 8456 times)

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
Positive Feedback about the Podcast/ Forums/ Website, etc
« on: July 27, 2008, 06:00:31 PM »
We're looking for some quotes about the Brilliant Gameologists podcast and website (i.e. forums) to use for promotional materials, on the website, and then actual listener comments to play in our show. 

So, if you've got something positive to say about the show, the boards, us as hosts, or any of the above, post it here!

Or, vice versa, you could call our voicemail line

+1-206-426-6008

If you call in, fyi, you can hit # and listen to your message and rerecord it if you don't like how it turned out.

So share your (good) thoughts! 
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

fil kearney

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • KILLFEAR.COM
    • Email
Re: Positive Feedback about the Podcast/ Forums/ Website, etc
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 12:46:50 PM »
Gotta say,

You guys rock! 
Actual crunchy content of the podcasts are good listening-- game reviews, player team dynamics, sound advice-- and the inanity that makes up the bulk of the casts just amuse the hells out of me!

Conga-rats on jobs well done, and looking forward to the next 'sode!

anomalousman

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 02:33:25 AM »
It's embarrassing to say so, but I just listen to the podcasts because it feels a bit like having friends drop round.   Fun.  Relaxing.  Full of cool people.

I metaphorically put my feet up and listen in the corner.  With a half-full beer bottle half-hiding a little half-smile.

(Don't worry, this is just a description of a feeling of simpatico, not the first message from some kind of stalker.   :D)

Robert Bohl

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Misspent Youth
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 05:58:31 PM »
The hosts share an easy camaraderie that makes the chatter feel entirely natural and engaging.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 06:56:51 AM »
"The podcasts are funny and insightful, with great dynamics between the hosts. The community is filled with helpful people who are masters of the game - it's the best place you can go for help with a character build. And everyone loves Meg ;)"
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 11:06:46 PM »
partial Quotes:
"...stunning..."
"...truly amazing..."
"...with a monkey..."
"...great..."
"...potential..."

Full Quotes:
The show provides a plethora of knowledge and humor
The hosts provide a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere
The greatest podcast I have ever heard
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

Ion

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 02:19:09 AM »
The bottom line is, amidst all the fun and dynamic hosts, the show is built on a great structure, that takes the time to define what it's talking about and offers critique instead of entirely fluffy "this is how I feel about..." reviews; something that is all too rare.

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 02:08:05 AM »
Thank you Ion.  That's exactly what we're going for!
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

chrisfixedkitty

• Monkey bussiness
  • childfree=intentional nonparent
    • The Adult Space Child Free Podcast
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 04:53:48 AM »
This show is willing to call "BS" when it's deserved, then shove the deserving to the floor and moon them while laughing at their inadequacy.  To make it better, the criticism usually involves constructive "how to deal with or improve it" advice.
Chris the Fixed Kitty of The Adult Space Child Free Podcast, signing out.

Dan2

• Honorary Moderator
  • Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 07:23:52 AM »
Emphasized by the incredibly humorous dynamic among the hosts, each podcast takes a playful approach to something in the Game-o-sphere.  It gets a firm grasp, then holds it down and cuts into it, brings out each little meaty bit and shows it to you, then finally closes it up with the stitches in your side from the laughter.

The forums are an absolute godsend to anyone that wants to get down to the nitty-gritty and really, thoroughly discuss a topic, its importance, and its impact, from its inception to it's current position.  With an active and vibrant community, the boards continue to develop and refine themselves into something marvelous.

I apologize for being verbose.  I'll try to give something better later.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 04:18:30 PM by Dan2 »

zonis

• Noob
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 08:56:31 PM »
Hi !

My name is Ran I'm from Israel and I'm 28 years old.

I started listening to an Israeli podcast about games only not long ago, and followed a link from their website to your podcast.
After 2 minutes listening to the first "sode" I suddenly realized I want to go back to playing D&D and how much more fun it could be than leveling my WOW chars.
This is thanks to you guys, and I just wanted you to know that.

Not only was the opening sode very efficient in converting me back to D&D, it was so much fun to listen to that I'm probably gonna listen to all the rest.

Thanks again

Ran