Author Topic: need help fleshing out a backstory and weapon details.  (Read 2014 times)

borsniel

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
need help fleshing out a backstory and weapon details.
« on: August 24, 2011, 02:28:56 PM »
hi all, i had to make a new PC cause my incarnax10/generic spell caster1/metaphysical spellshape3 was to strong.

ive decided to do a swift hunter build and that is the easy part. but i wanted some input on what i have for a back story.

Name: Marcus silverheart

Marcus silver heart was a former guard captain in the magi city of Baily. he entered the academy at the age of 15 while his brothers Bethis and Johnathan entered into the church of light. graduating at the age of 18 he quickly began to rise through the ranks and reached captain status at the age of 19. 6 months prior he took part in a raid on a evil wizards laboratory. there he was captured by the wizard and experimented on against his will. his limbs and right eye were replaced with those of a demon's. after 3 days of torture he was finely freed but the damage had been done. considered a liability to the force he was dismissed from service. he now lives in the slum district spending all his cash given to him by the government on beer. 2 months ago he stumbled upon a dagger in the road. it was crafted perfectly and the blade was made of some type of crystal. rather than selling it he found the urge to keep it. over the months the dagger has begun to speak to him, urging him to find a new reason in life. the party will find him in the a run down bar in the slums.

the sword needs some fleshing out as well. its name is Draith, its a legendary sizing great sword made from a single fang of a amethyst dragon. it also acts as his item familiar.

it can speak freely but usually chooses to communicate through Marcus's mind
at 14th lv it gains the ability to fire a line of force as if it were an amethyst dragon equal to its masters HD and using its master's con to determine saving throw.
at 18th lv it gains the ability to use its masters spell slots to cast spells.

i was thinking of having a few different chants to activate his ability as well, though im no poet.

i need one for his size changing from small to large
i need one for it blast attack, just 1 or 2 words long
and one for when it uses a spell.

any suggestions?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: need help fleshing out a backstory and weapon details.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 03:21:53 PM »
Since it's a dragon, the commands would probably be in Draconic.
http://draconic.twilightrealm.com/vocabulary.php?lang=&sort=A

"Oontanx", "Frahr" and "Rechan" are Draconic for "Grow", "Breathe" and "Cast" respectively.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:24:55 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

borsniel

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Re: need help fleshing out a backstory and weapon details.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 12:02:03 AM »
thanks!!