Author Topic: Bloodmoon Legacy: Wolves in the Throne room  (Read 26699 times)

Mahote

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Bloodmoon Legacy: Wolves in the Throne room
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2011, 10:17:12 PM »
Following the wolves lead, Archus charges down the hill directly towards the skeleton archers, his shield bared to protect against incoming arrow fire.  As he closes the distance the ornately carved visage of Bahamut on his shield springs to life and lashes out at the nearest skeleton.

I Charge the Skeleton, and attack with my shield of biting.
1d20+18;2d6 ? [8,18] = (26)
1d20+18;2d6 ? [6,4] = (10)
Charge Attack : Damage Roll

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3162061/

Calchexxis

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2011, 03:02:48 AM »
((sorry for late post, college started so I've been in a rush all week))

Castren lays low, shifting back into the shadows to watch for his prey to re-emerge.

[spoiler]Hold action, triggered by an attack on either myself or brett
Hide:1d20+27=36[/spoiler]
"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nutshell
and count myself king of infinite space
were it not that I have bad dreams..."

Hamlet, Act II

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2011, 03:36:27 AM »
((bout to leave for work so this will be a some what quicker post then usuall. after everyone replys i will re-update :) ))

Brett - Castren
[spoiler]
Brett cautiously makes his way off of the frozen lake and over to the tree line. The steam fades into the winter sky and you see the hole is already freezing over again. Neither of you hear any noise besides the howling winter winds whipping through you hair.
Castren holds his position, bow drawn in anticipation. Each passing second seems like minutes and the tension in the air can be felt by both of you.
((your actions))[/spoiler]

Aurix
[spoiler]
Your charge around the tree expecting to crush the hunter for good. But to your surprise he is no where in sight. You can still hear the wolves in the forest, and as you start running towards them it sounds as if they are retreating.
((spot/listen checks dc-20 please, also go ahead and make a knowledge local, or maybe survival check dc 17))[/spoiler]

Felisia
[spoiler]
She dangles in the air behind you, the weight of her slowly pulling you down towards the ground.
((correct me if im wrong but you cant fly with over a medium load? according to your strength thats 80 pounds))
"Wow this is amazing!!... do you think you can really kill the spirit?? We could be friends if you did!" Shes giggling and squirming as your flying along. The childlike nature of hers seems to have returned.
((if im correct then im going to say your dropping a distance of your movement per round. so you can still move foward, but youl also be angling downward. if im incorrect then nevermind :) ))[/spoiler]

Archus
[spoiler]
You charge in and your shield makes short work of a skeleton, the large maw engulfs the sternum and shatters it to pieces. Its bones scatter as they land in the dirt. The wolves and the skeletons are still battling it out. The wolves seem to be over whelming these skeletons, which seem very frail compaired to the undead you remember from the old days. You can see further down the ramp into the hole they have been digging. It slightly slopes downward and goes into the earth. You can see buckets and shuvels and some digging equipment laying around. It appears that all the skeletons in the area rushed out and are now being chewed up by the wolfs. But you can smell the rank and decay of death coming from inside the tunnel. There is no natural lighting inside, but you hear clanks and other odd noises coming from inside.
The black wolf breaks off from the fight and heads over to your area, he stands afew feet in front of you at the mouth of the tunnel. He is sniffing it out and trodding back and forth. The wolf seems to be waiting for you to enter with him. He looks over to you and gives a low whine. You notice that he is large, even for the wolves around the ruins. His eyes look young, and in the past you have seen him always as a loner. Perhaps this is a young dire wolf.. most of the dire wolves live in the mountain regions though. So it would be strange to find one this far into the domain.
((your action))[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 03:42:00 AM by dna1 »
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

einherjar

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2011, 04:58:46 AM »
Spot 1d20+11=29, Listen 1d20+12=17, Knowledge (Local) 1d20=3.
Till we meet again in Valhalla...

bearofsmiting

• Email
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2011, 08:09:54 AM »
[spoiler][Actually, I have the flaw free-spirited which means my carrying capacity is half what it would normally be. However, to compensate, everyday I cast Lighten Load which increases my strength score for carrying capacity by 10. Nonetheless, she's still heavier than a light load for me (which is the maximum for flying). Since I've already made 120 ft and can fly 360 in a full round, can I make the edge of the clearing before I touch down? I'm assuming that I'm falling slowly enough to not take falling damage as well, but that's a DM call.]

Hmm... Now that I'm closer I see those skeletons seem to be digging. Maybe they are or were in league with this girl after all. Oh well, I didn't think she'd be so easily convinced I could oppose this spirit, but that seems to be working. Win some, lose some. Out loud, Felisia says "Well, this spirit of yours sounds like an undead, and they're something of a specialty of mine. Without more information from you, I can't say for certain if I'm powerful enough to defeat it. But I will certainly do my best."[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:11:49 AM by bearofsmiting »
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2011, 12:24:46 PM »
All Players
[spoiler]
The sun is setting. As the last rays of light crest over the mountains a strong wind begins to pick up. Dark ominous clouds are rolling in far to the north. Small layers of mist engulf the ground, making it virtually impossible to do any tracking and very dangerous to travel.
You can see the top of the Moon starting to rise over the horizon, tonight it will be full... and the Domain of Dread is known to be especially unforgiving on nights like this.
All across Kartakas people in cities are locking there doors and barring the windows. In the full moon it is not uncommon for the villagers of Harmonia to bring in any livestock they care for. People that are unfortunate enough to be caught outside at night pray to the heros of light for safe passage. Only the mad willingly travel into the forests at dark.

((k so I will probly be updating from here on out when mostly everyone has posted. if one of your PC's isnt with the group then I can update that as needed, but if you are travelling with another player at the moment then I will wait for both of you to post before I reply.
That brings me to my next point, I will be awarding extra experience for role playing, like talking in character to each other etc, continuing story plot, good ideas/creative ideas etc etc.
At the end of every battle you will recieve the base xp for the monsters, I will also award bonus xp based on role playing the fight and for creativity. If I miss something and you think you deserve xp for it then let me know.
Im compairing this to competitive wages, in the since that everyone will not be recieving the same static ammount of experience. I will try to be as fair as possible, and this wont be used as a form of punishment in anyway. I would just like to encourage as much fun/RPing as possible :) ))[/spoiler]

Aurix
[spoiler]
Charging through the forest you come to a spot where you can see far enough into the trees to actually spot the pack of wolves you have been hearing. You can see the hunter climbing onto the back of one large wolf, and the pack takes off into the forest headed south towards the direction Harmonia would be in. They appear to be actually fleeing. The sun is setting and the shrine is still about 6 hours away.
((1500xp for defeating the hunter, unless you can think of any reasons you desirve more. your action))[/spoiler]

Felisia
[spoiler]
You manage to glide down to the edge of the clearing. The young girl lands quietly behind you. The whip loosens from around your arm and she retracts it, fastening it back onto her belt. You see her looking down at the fight with concern. She looks torn on what she should do.
There is 5 wolves and it looks like the man in armor you saw is actually the caretaker. He is standing near the entrance to the tunnel with a big black wolf next to him. The other 4 wolves are in combat with roughly 10 or 11 skeletons, 3 of them being archer skele's. The wolves seem to be pretty battle hardened because they are rampaging the undead here.
"I want to be free... so I will try to help you. I dont know much about the spirit, Iv never seen him. But he can make people talk for him.. and there eyes look like they are burning on the inside. She seemes very nervous, and somewhat reluctant to even share this information with you. She keeps looking quickly about her, like shes checking the shadows for something.
((go ahead and make a knowledge arcane dc-20, and a intelligence check dc-17))[/spoiler]

Felisia - Archus
[spoiler]
Archus-
((spot check dc-15))

Both of you-
((initiative checks please))[/spoiler]

Calchexxis

• Email
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2011, 01:02:14 PM »
Castren shakes his head, clearing his mind of Minerva's fervent battlefury as the presence of the undead shaman fades, vision clear he realizes that the sky has begun to darken... swinging down to help Brett with his injuries Castren nods toward the nearest path.

Brett, make haste we must not be caught in the coming dark

Castren suddenly grimaces, as though in pain

[spoiler]The creature.... It still walks... Castren we must hunt...[/spoiler]

No... another day Mina...

Hamlet, Act II

CrazyBS

• Email
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2011, 02:52:32 PM »
It's a pity.  I would have liked to have cleansed this area for good.

Brett, with Castren's help, prepares to head out.

Our prey has a head start on us.  Perhaps we should take cover in the old ruins.  Anything that is not on a field of ice!  That we can defend.

bearofsmiting

• Email
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2011, 05:38:01 PM »
[spoiler][When it's my turn in the initiative (initiative (1d20=2) + 1 = 3), I do the following:]

Felisia tries to understand what the girl is saying (knowledge(arcana) (1d20=10) + 10 = 20) but cannot pierce the crypticities (intelligence (1d20=7) +2 = 9).

Felisia suddenly notices the last ray of the sun being extinguished. Damn. I hate doing this, it's so showy. To the close observer, it seems her appearance is beginning to make a drastic transformation, but before that happens Felisia mutters "Pain, Agony" and two bracers instantly appear on her arms. Almost immediately, Felisia is bathed again in a 10 ft radius of sunlight, emanating from her hands, and her appearance returns to normal.

At first, the bracers seemed to cause her pain, as she grimaced. A trickle of blood could be seen crawling down her arm from beneath the bracers, which was quickly frozen solid (damage (1d4=4, 1d4=1) + damage (1d6=5) = 10). Ugh, the price of power... [The bracers do damage to her every round, but also grant her a masochism effect.] A pale blue mist comes off of the bracers. They appear to be made from black ice set in an artistic framework of green-flecked iron.

Talking to her companion, she says "Don't worry dear, quite aside from my own abilities, I have the feeling we'll be gaining allies in the near future. As for myself, I was certain I was going to have to help people fight off the darkness. You're just lucky enough to be the first person I met." Hopefully this will encourage her.

[Felisia uses her standard action to make a turn attempt, just reference the previous post.][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:59:08 AM by bearofsmiting »
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

einherjar

« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2011, 11:00:45 PM »
"Keep running, coward! Worms like you cannot stand against the children of Bahamut!"
If the hunter is still within 600ft I'll try to hit the wolf he's riding with my sling 1d20+12=20 -2 per 60ft he is from me, damage 1d6+10=12. It probably won't hit, but whatever. If he's beyond that range, I'll continue on my way, keeping an eye out for 1) possible threats 2) signs of other travelers 3) a defensible spot to camp for the night.
As for the xp, I thought I role played that pretty well.

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2011, 11:27:27 PM »
Zane
((ya i gave you the base xp just for the cr given, i was going to update my post last night with additional xp for roleplaying, but my net shitted out on me. so anyways go ahead and give another 300xp to that totall from before))

Everyone else
((im actually in class right now, and i work tonight.. if everyone in our little groups have updated by the time i get home and have time inbetween work/class i will update it again. if not then i will wait until the morning  :D  so thats like... brenton/jordan, zane, david/josh at the moment. soon though we will have merged everyone into one group))
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 11:30:04 PM by dna1 »

Mahote

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2011, 12:53:40 AM »
Archus stands at the cave maw and clenches his longsword tightly.  After a moments pause he begins making his way down the slope.

You sure you wanna come down here boy?  It might get a little sketchy.

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2011, 01:47:56 AM »
Archus - Felisia
[spoiler]
Archus
The black wolf lowers his head and takes an aggressive stance, it slowly walkes along beside you taking a step only when you do. As you are about to walk further down the ramp towards the entrance to the tunnel you notice a bright shinning light coming from over to your left. You glance back to see the glowing outline of a female. You cant really make out to many details of her as the light is pretty contrasting to the dark misty hill side. You do however notice The Lady Scavenger standing off behind the glowing figure, she has her whip in hand and looks very nervous.
You can hear some muffled shouting or something coming from inside the dug out shaft. A small one foot in height layer of mist creeps up out of the mine. The full moon is continueing its rise and a cold breeze starts blowing through the area your in.

((david I need a initiative roll please, also follow along with other peoples storys as well. in a previous post I asked you for a spot check, and a initiative roll. you must of not noticed them. i dont need the spot i just assumed you made it, it was to notice josh.. and his PC is glowing atm so it isnt hard to see him. i do need the initiative roll. so please try to take notice of when i lump you into another description text :) ))

Felisia
The caretaker and his wolf are approaching the entrance to the mines. The young girl behind you gives a slight gasp as your magic starts to activate.
"Theres the old man down there... I hope his wolves are nice..."

Both of You-
The Lady Scavenger steps forward and shouts down to the old caretaker. "Hey old timer!! Wait for us!! She steps around the glowing figure(josh) and in a run so fast she appears like a blurred streak through the air, she stops about 8ft infront of Archus. She looks at you(archus) silently for a moment. "Can I help?" She seems to honestly want to help.((roll sense motive,dc-15))
A silver crossbow bolt flys through the air and skips off of Archus shoulder plating. attack/damage-xbow (1d20+4=19, 1d6+1=3)
You notice most all of the skeletons are defeated and in piles, but one archer skeleton apparently has managed to down one of the wolf's. You see a silver x-bow bolt sticking out of his throat, and as it lays dieing at the skele's feet you see it slowly shifting into a humanoid form. This one was indeed a werewolf.
((there is 1 archer skele, 4 normal skeles left. one of the werewolf's died, there is 4 wolves left. including the large black one that is currently beside Archus))

((k both of you feel free to do incharacter talking or any free actions at any time, but for actual turns we will be moving in iniative. I just went, now its the two of your turns. Josh rolled a 3, david we are waiting on your roll))
((initiative (1d20=13)))[/spoiler]

Aurix
[spoiler]
You fling a stone far down through the forest. Your not sure if it struck on target or not. Continuing on your journey you dont come across any travellors. You constantly hear wolves in the forests around you. The full moon is out tonight so the forest is particularily alive tonight. Spindlewine suggested you make it to the temple grounds as soon as possible. Its about a 5-6 hour walk from where you are. But if you hurried you could cut that time down quiete a bit. You are familiar with a small semi-friendly were-wolf den in this area.. if only you could remember where it was exactly you might be able to take shelter there for the night if you didnt want to travel all the way to the shrine. ((knowledge local or survival check dc-20, or int check dc-17))
((your turn))[/spoiler]

Brett - Castren
[spoiler]
Your both standing in the moon light, no sign of the creature to return yet. Although Minerva does sense that it is in the area, also she sense another very similar entity forming somewhere in the ice below.
The group of Elves/Undead that lead you here definetaly knew what they were doing bringing you through here. From what you can tell they are on there way towards the holy BloodMoon Shrine.. they have some time on you now though
((your actions, out of initiative at the moment. The shrine is aways still from you but you could make it there this evening if you hustle. or you can make a knowledge local or survival check dc-18 to find a safe spot to shelter for the night))[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 01:49:36 AM by dna1 »

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2011, 03:31:00 AM »
((brett - castren both recieve 1500xp for defeating the entombed, and another 300 for RP, brett 100 more for successfull knowledge checks. that should cover it unless im forgetting something))

CrazyBS

• Email
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2011, 04:02:53 AM »
Trying his best to patch up his wounds (Heal Check 1d20-1=10), Brett thinks about his options (Knowledge(local) DC-18 1d20+8=24).

I'm hurt(36 HP), but it's not as bad as it could have been.  As long as we don't follow any more cursed rivers, we can track our prey to the shrine. The sooner we do so, the less people die from them being loose on this world.  There is a place to shelter for the night however.  It should be defensible, and not too far from here.

(( XP gooooood, but healing skills are even better.  Maybe at the shrine there will be someone that can patch me up? ))
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:09:38 AM by CrazyBS »

einherjar

« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2011, 04:25:58 AM »
"I must brave the darkness, for my lord desires my haste. But I shall fear no evil, for I am a blessed son of the Platinum Dragon, and he walks beside me. Let all who drink the wine of evil's fruit tremble at my passage."
I put away my sling, then continue onward toward the shrine, hurrying as much as I can while still remaining alert for danger.
P.S. I can fly for short distances and I can glide, so depending on the terrain that may or may not cut down travel time if I can fly over obstacles rather than going around - take short cuts over rivers or ravines, bypass loops in the trail, etc.

bearofsmiting

• Email
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2011, 04:46:09 AM »
[spoiler][As a free action-]

Felisia quickly interjects "Don't worry sir, I don't think this girl is going to be digging up your shrine anymore. She seems to have been intimidated by a spirit. I'm Felisia of the Holimion fey house that guards the southeastern borders. I would say more but I think we're all anxious to deal with the threat at hand."[/spoiler]

Calchexxis

• Email
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2011, 06:43:46 AM »
Castren nods, following Brett's lead as we make our way to the shrine, he keeps a weather eye out and my ears open for any surprises along he way. He seems distressed though, constantly muttering and speaking seemingly to himself.

[spoiler]cowardfailureweaklingfaithlesscretin...[/spoiler]

*whispering* I'm sorry Mina. No... yes I know... He was injured, we needed to fall back...

[spoiler]Spot: 1d20+8=27
Listen: 1d20+4=6
((I do have Low-Light vision as an elf.))[/spoiler]

With his attention partially taken by whatever was occupying his mind Castren heard little but his elven eyes dart back and forth taking in every detail by rote as the pair move through the growing darkness.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 05:19:16 PM by Calchexxis »

Hamlet, Act II

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2011, 03:36:21 AM »
((waiting for david to reply so I can go ahead and just update everyone at the same time  :D im sure he will check here soon ))

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2011, 02:04:39 PM »
Brett - Castren
[spoiler]
You both cautiously make your way off the cursed river, and into the southern area of the forest heading towards the direction of the shrine. Usually as you approach the edge of the Ice Forest the weather tends to mellow out. But tonight seems to be different. Could be the fullmoon, or possibly some dark magic at work. Its hard to say for sure, but something is diffenitally wrong.
The wind is gusting to the north so hard its nearly knocking you both onto your ass. The snows intensity increases 10 fold, its starting to white-out so badly that you can barely see each other.
Brett you know of a old dire badger den that should be afew hundred yards ahead. The dire badgers in the area were hunted to extinction by the wolves so it should be empty
((because of the snow and wind its disorientating, I need a navigation check. i guess it could be a survival check dc-10, or another knowledge local dc-15
your turns))[/spoiler]

Aurix
[spoiler]
Focused and intent on reaching your goal you summon your internal strength, drawing deep on the life breath of Bahamut you manage you cut your journey time by 2/3rds. Even you are amazed, you have never been able to travel these lands so effeciently. Truely tonight Bahamut guides you.
Out of breath and nearly ready to collapse you come over a ridge and gaze down into a valley upon the Ruins of old Lights Bastion. It looks desserted, you see no movement. The only thing you hear is the tree's swaying under the wind. The mist level is about 1 foot in height, it covers the grounds comepletely
You see far to the North large dark storm clouds. They seem to have a greenish-tint to them.
((your familiar with the area so i will skip the fluff text for lights bastion it self. listen check dc-30. your action))[/spoiler]

Felisia - Archus
[spoiler]
Archus seems to be in a daze. His eyes are glossed and hes stairing deep into the dark tunnel. The black wolf near him paces anxiously.
"There he goes again.. the old coots probly remembering when they first thought of slicing bread :devil ...we could throw some water on him?" The lady scavenger smirks and looks over towards Felisia.
At the top of the ramp the last skeleton archer takes carefull aim at the glowing fey. atk/dmg-xbow (1d20=8, 1d6=4) He lets hist bolt fly but Felisia's intuition is great and she gracefully dances out of harms way.
((your actions, continue on im sure david will be with us shortly))[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 02:06:10 PM by dna1 »