Author Topic: Bloodmoon Legacy: Wolves in the Throne room  (Read 26704 times)

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
Re: Bloodmoon Legacy: Wolves in the Throne room
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2011, 06:11:47 AM »
((just looked at a cool feature in invisible castle, you can look at all the rolls under a campaign name if you just type the name in the search box. if everyone could please put the campaign as ravenloft when ever you make a dice roll i would appriciate it. you will recieve pie  :pie
there is one other guy who made like 3 rolls under ravenloft but they were along time ago. anyways i figure if we all put them under the same campaign it would make it easier for me to review rolls without having to troll the forums.
campaign = ravenloft    ..nice and simple  ;)
thanks guys))

ps. i updated all your storys on the last page, only brenton responded back to that so check it out fellas
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 06:15:15 AM by dna1 »
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

CrazyBS

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2011, 06:26:24 AM »
(( I keep tweaking my turn...I assumed at first we were out of combat, but then I didn't want to be caught with my pants down and DIE in the first round of combat because I assumed too much  :smirk ))

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2011, 06:34:57 AM »
((probly a good idea  :devil
il update again in the morning if more people have posted, if not... im going to be busy for the night so the next time will be monday evening after school. ))

bearofsmiting

• Email
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2011, 06:44:13 AM »
[spoiler]"Thanks so much for the help! Don't worry about the old man for now, maybe I can talk some sense into him. In any event, he won't bother you while I'm around. But, if you don't mind, I have something faster than walking, and I think you'll find it entertaining. Have you ever ridden a horse?"

With that, she swings her incensor in a complex series of motions, spreading the smoke about, and chants an incantation. Instantly a hippogriff appears in front of the two of them.

"You can ride that, and I'll follow with these."

Her gossamer wings unfold out of the kimono and she begins to hover.

"We'll make better time this way, and you can rest your feet and gain a view of the ruins."[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 09:36:58 AM by bearofsmiting »
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

bearofsmiting

• Email
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2011, 07:18:26 AM »
[spoiler][Assuming she agrees to fly, I would like to know if I see the care taker following the wolf, the care taker on the hill before the pit, or the undead pit itself (Spot Roll (1d20=18) + 6 = 24). I would be rising however high it is to see about the ruins and no higher. I'm just trying to find the man in the area I think he went. If I see any of the above things, I cast clairvoyance in the clearing or on the ridge, assuming it's within range (920 ft). Whether or not I see anything or she agrees to fly, I do the following:]

Felisia casts an augury (83% chance of meaningful divination) to determine whether or not following the girl's plans (presumably digging up artifacts) is a good idea in light of her chaotic good alignment. She is foremost concerned with not making unnecessary enemies and in bringing the Light back to Kartakass. But if power that can be used for good can be acquired without causing strife, she'll go about acquiring it, secretly if need be, whether or not it's deemed traditionally shameful...

[For each spell I used a turn attempt via Divine Spell Power to boost my caster level. For that I made two turn checks (Turn Check (1d20=19) + 21 = 40) and (Turn Check (1d20=5) + 21 = 26), which gave me +4 and +4, respectively.]

Explaining her sudden resorting to spellcasting, Felisia explains to the girl "Don't worry, I'm trying to discover whether or not the old man is going to be trouble for us this evening. (Bluff Roll (1d20=4) + 18 = 22)."[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 09:34:06 AM by bearofsmiting »
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Calchexxis

• Email
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2011, 05:39:04 PM »
Castrens voice drops to a hollow timbre as he pulls up stronger magics, stretching his fingers out two beams of fiery light erupt from them to collide with the unholy beast. In the same moments as the spell leaps from his hand Castren pulls his bow up lobbing off two arrows to strike the melted gaps left by the power.

[spoiler]Ranged Touch Attack from Scorching Ray 1d20+12=28
Rapid Shot: 1d20+11=30, 1d20+11=21

[spoiler]Fire Damage: 4d6=10, 4d6=19
Scorching Ray: 28 touch AC (ignores armour) 29 fire damage
Damage: 1d10+4=14, 1d6=6, 1d10+4=5, 1d6=6
1st arrow: 30, no crit (stupid undead) 20 damage total
2nd arrow: 21 (probably missed) 11 damage total[/spoiler][/spoiler]
"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nutshell
and count myself king of infinite space
were it not that I have bad dreams..."

Hamlet, Act II

einherjar

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2011, 02:50:26 AM »
I begin to sing a battle hymn as I move forward and swing Breaker 1d20+18=32, 3d6+17=31 damage.
P.S. My breath weapon is not actually acid. It is a beam of light and whenever I use it I can chose to have it deal fire, cold, lightning, or acid.
Till we meet again in Valhalla...

Mahote

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2011, 03:42:29 AM »
I ready an action as an immediate reaction.  If any of the wolves excluding the injured wolf attempt to strike me I will return with a full round attack.
As a minor action I draw my sword and shield.

Archus stands ready and watches the undead as they work, attempting to make light of what they are doing.  As the wolves howl and take notice he draws his sword and shield and stands on the ridge overlooking the ravine.  Moonlight from the full moon glistens from the mirrored polish of his blade and shield and his cloak flips back and forth in the wind.  As the beasts growl and crouch as if to charge a knowing smirk crosses his face.

And here I thought tonight was going to be just another dance with the Lady Scavenger.

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2011, 09:32:18 PM »
((jordan the entombed is currently inside the frozen lake. as in, not standing on top of it in view. do you have a way to see through the snow on top, and then into the ice layer it self?
i will update this all tonight. hopefully after jordan replies to this post))

Calchexxis

• Email
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2011, 10:20:56 PM »
((If you read Minerva's abilities you'll see that she allows me the benefit of Detect Undead 1/day, so yes I do, so long as the creature I'm tracking is in fact an undead.))

Hamlet, Act II

Calchexxis

• Email
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2011, 10:52:24 PM »
((As an addendum to my response, I was kind of hoping the Scorching rays would just sear through the ice to hit him, if not them pooey))

Hamlet, Act II

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2011, 05:58:45 AM »
Brett - Castren
[spoiler]
The scorching ray flys over top of Brett and into the snow pack a mere 5ft in front him. Brett can feel the searing heat coming off the ray. The sound is deafening as the melting ice hisses, and a giant cloud of steam instantly rolls out over the area. Brett and a 15ft diameter is covered in steam temporarily.
Immediately following the scorching rays Castren shoots his two arrows into the water.
((my turn))

Castren you feel the presence coming closer towards you. All of the sudden you see the entombed rise partly out of the ice near the fallen elf corpse. It appears to grab onto him and sink back into the ice out of view.

Brett your still in the steam cloud
((your actions)) [/spoiler]

Aurix
[spoiler]
You rush the bush he is hiding in and bring your axe down over him. The Hunter tries to parry breaker out of the way by using his x-bow but fails horribly. You put a fairly good sized gash in his bicep area and he howls out in pain.

The hunter jumps back((5ft step)) and pulls out what looks like a toy tree. "Apparently I have under estimated you singing lizard man. It wont happen again..." He throws the token onto the ground and in a puff of smoke a 60ft tall oak tree has smacked against you,  it appears into the space that was in between you and the hunter.
((your action)) [/spoiler]

Archus
[spoiler]
((so altogather there is 5 wolves, the 1 wounded and then the 3 you dont recognize, and the black one with the white chest you are some what familiar with.))

The wolves growl and nod there heads toward you and then take off. 3 go around the back side of the mound that you cant see and come around to the far side of the work line. Two of the 3 jump down and rush the work line it self, jumping on and mauling afew of the skeletons. The third wolf charges directly at the 3 skeleton archers which start taking shots at the wolf. Two out of three arrows missing, but one digs deep into the left flank of a wolf. It howls out in pain and you see a small puff of smoke rising from the wound. That must be a werewolf, you could see the arrows were silver when you first arrived.
The Black wolf and the wounded one run around the side of the mound closest to you. They charge in and attack the 3 skeleton archers from the back side, knocking two of them down.
You see the skeletons at the entrance starting to pile on top of the wolves. There is about 15 totall.
((your action))[/spoiler]

Felisia
[spoiler]
She gasps. "Whoa... your some sort of wizard!! I knew it.." She jumps up onto the back of the horse. She seems pretty comfortable with riding one. As you rise into the air she stares at you with wide eyes
"Magic is so AWESOME!!! K lets go!! She smiles wide at you with excitement. She has a child like quality to her that comes off as very likeable.
Using your divination to see if helping her dig would be a good idea you get a immediate and overwhelmingly strong NO. As you both rise into the air in the distance you see a large mound of dirt in a clearing outside the ruins. There seem to be many skeletons at the entrance to some sort of mine fighting with abunch of wolves. You see a man shining in armor at the top of the hill nearby the mound.
((your action))
[/spoiler]

bearofsmiting

• Email
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2011, 07:06:29 AM »
[spoiler]Felisia turns to her companion, "I'm sorry, but our tour of the ruins is going to have to wait, as is your quarrel with the caretaker. Whatever you have against each other, the Children of Light do not abide undeath. I suggest you follow me, I can make short work of these skeletons. Nonetheless, I do not forcefully take innocents in to battle."

If she does not agree to follow, Felisia continues "I'm sorry our paths must part. And as their's a good chance I'll never see you again, I'll give you this parting advice. Do not seek your mysterious treasure, it will bring more woe than joy. If we meet again in less urgent times, call me by name: Felisia. I hope you don't begrudge this next act, but I can't risk the uncertainties of a stranger, even one as pretty as yourself, at times like these." I tell the hippogriff, who is still my summoned creature, to fly to a height at which falling would guarantee death (if we're not at that height already) and then fly as far away as possible, safely depositing the girl at the end.

If she does agree to follow, Felisia says "Very good, you can see the Light that was gifted to my people. I'm sorry not to have introduced myself earlier, but in these dark times everything must be kept close - I'm Felisia. We can talk with the old man once the skeletons have been dealt with, but if you would take my advice, you will no longer covet what is buried in these grounds - you know not their peril."

[Until Felisia makes it to the undead site, she uses each action via the Run feat to move five times her normal speed. I'm not sure when initiative will be taken into account, so here it is (initiative (1d20=1) + 1 = 2). If Felisia is already within 180 ft of the excavation, she'll use one swift action to activate her Geta of the Dancing Fey which with her move action will get her within 60 ft. From there, she'll take a standard action to make a turning check (turning (1d20=2) + 18 = 20 which is +3 to my turning level of 7, or 10) to see the highest possible hit die creature she can affect and a turning damage roll ((turning (1d6=1, 1d6=5) + 7 + 8) x 1.5 = 31) to see how many hit die she actually affects.]

She becomes completely silent, not even hailing the old man. Swift and resolved are her motions while the unholy creatures last.

[I would also like to know exactly when the sun sets, as Felisia will activate an ability at that time.][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 07:12:44 AM by bearofsmiting »

CrazyBS

• Email
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2011, 07:34:27 AM »
Unable to see his prey or anything for that matter.  Brett stands up and begins moving in the direction that he remembers was Castren (30ft).  He walks cautiously toward his ally fearing that the ice will give in at any moment trusting his quick reflexes will keep him from being harmed further.

(( I was crouching and knew the location of Castren and the hole before the steam.  This should give me cover to avoid an Attack of Opportunity for getting up and allow me to get the hell out off the ice. ))

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2011, 08:42:46 AM »
Felisia
[spoiler]
((sundown is in about 5mins. Im guessing your about 500 ft from the site in question. I will take your initiative roll though :devil))
The eager smile on her face slowly dissappears. The child like innocense in her eyes quickly turns cold and distant. She stands on the back of the summoned mount and in a low sad voice say "Im sorry but... the spirit said he would burn me if his work got disturbed"
((initiative (1d20+8=28)))
With a blur she has her whip off of her belt and in hand. You notice as it uncoils and launches towards you it has a dagger blade on the end. You lose track of it with your eyes, you hear two cracks and feel the rush of wind past your face, then feel a small cut on your arm. The whip wraps around your forearm and snaps tight.
((make opposed grapple check, and i actually had to make two rolls cause i forgot the second attack. my first one was a miss, so we will just negate one of the hits on the roll i linked to. i just wanted all of the attacks in one link is all))
attack/attack/dmg/dmg/grapple check (1d20+10=24, 1d20+10=25, 1d4+4=6, 1d4+4=6, 1d20+12=29) = 6 dmg
She moved with a grace and speed you have rarely seen before. She is young.. but she is looking into your eyes with the cold stare of a killer.
"I cant let you go there.."
[/spoiler]

Brett
[spoiler]
You make your way towards the forest and you notice that the elf corpse has vanished. You dont see it anywhere, and you still have no sign of the icey creature.
((jordans action but you can still make free actions such as talking etc))
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:44:44 AM by dna1 »

CrazyBS

• Email
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2011, 04:17:12 PM »
I think we've probably hurt the thing pretty good.  It can move so easily through the ice, we don't stand much of a chance out here.  I will play the bait, I just hope that I messed up it's arm enough it can't drag me under. (( *cough* ))

bearofsmiting

• Email
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2011, 05:23:41 PM »
[spoiler][Felisia's cold iron damage reduction protects her. She loses the grapple check without even rolling. However, now that it's her turn she uses her standard action to dismiss the summon monster spell. She activates her Geta of the Dancing Fey so she now has two move actions. She closes 120 of the 500 ft distance.]

With the girl dangling behind her, Felisia says "I really don't have time for this nonsense. While your hanging on for a ride, consider that these undead will think you as much an enemy as myself or anyone else, and I will probably have the help of the man and those wolves. Between us and this spirit you're talking about, your chances of a comfortable life are rapidly diminishing. However, if you follow me, you can at least have the peace of a heart in the right place. And as you're beginning to see, I'd be a valuable ally if protection is all you need."[/spoiler]

einherjar

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2011, 10:31:41 PM »
I move around the tree, and - if I can see him - I attack with breaker 1d20+18=20, 3d6+17=26 damage. That was a very shitty roll... oh well.
If I don't see him when I move around the tree, then I will let out a roar of challenge and go look for those wolves.
Till we meet again in Valhalla...

Mahote

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2011, 12:08:44 AM »
So for clarification, the wolves are attacking the undead.  Nothing is attacking me?

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2011, 01:03:04 AM »
((For clarification the wolves are indeed attacking the undead and not you David. The particular wolf, the black one i keep mentioning has never been a problem to you. the impression i was trying to give is that the wolves came to you for help))