Author Topic: Bloodmoon Legacy: Wolves in the Throne room  (Read 26808 times)

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
Bloodmoon Legacy: Wolves in the Throne room
« on: July 11, 2011, 04:50:21 AM »
This is the game thread. I will start the official opening post once we have the characters made.
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: Bloodmoon Legacy: Wolves in the Throne room
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 12:57:22 AM »
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 01:45:34 AM by dna1 »

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 12:58:30 AM »
Very brief back story
[spoiler]k so the Heroes were all brought in to RL from the mist. they found luc. and after a long run eventually defeated knollan, who was tied to the mists some how. and luc became what was like a dark lord. except good, so he was called a light lord.
now luc and knollan were originally one being, and what would be like the god that created the plane of ravenloft.
so in my game now, all the heroes have gone. and luc has disappeared. its 150 years since luc and them left. just within the past few years its gotten back to how it was, the mists rule once again.
[/spoiler]

Some NPC's of note in the area
[spoiler]
The Lady Scavenger - A very well known theif in the land. Often known to bother the grounds keepers at the Bloodmoon shrine.
The Council - 6 individuals of influence in the area.
Medicine Paw - the tradition name for the Alpha of Harmonia
Moonbane - the traditional name of the Alpha of Skald
Spindlewine - a strange old Gnome, crippled from the waiste down. The owner of the only magic shop in Kartakas. one of a handfull in the entire realm
Shadow with the Burning Eyes - said to be a demon of the forest. some what of a boogey man figure
The Hunter - A ancient dwarf that stalks the forests in the south. at one time he was imprisoned in a gem by the heroes. but has now been seen again
[/spoiler]

Minor Locations
[spoiler] Radiant Grove (courtesy of josh)
   In the woods south of the Musarde River there is a meadow of absolute beauty and peace. This was the meeting place of Holimion and the Being of Light and it is one of the few places important to the Holimion Kelir. While the fey of this house as of any other unseelie house are not particularly ordered, they do centralize in the forest around this meadow. A few ceremonies and many festivals are celebrated here, both in moonlight and in sunlight. Most importantly, the Rite of Passage for the priests of the Children of Light is taken here. These priests are the protectors of the family and are the main agents of what Holimion believed to be the will of the Being of Light. They tend to the natural beauty of the forest, heal and protect travelers, and secure the border with Hazlan. They go even as far as to send spies into Hazlan, but only in times of great unrest. The Holimion fey are somewhat isolated from the rest of Kartakass, though their healing abilities are renowned throughout Kartakass and sometimes attracts disease-stricken travelers from very distant parts. Occasionally, Holimion fey will make pilgrimages to Bloodmoon Keep, but most understand their own worship of the Being of Light to be a different and individual experience from that found at Bloodmoon Keep. Under other circumstances, the more adventurous fey might have traveled to Faerie, but with relations destroyed by Holimion, such an adventure would be suicidal. With this separation from their normal kin, Holimion fey find it more necessary to uphold good relations with outsiders and sustain a thriving community. Within about five-hundred yards of the border of the meadow some twenty houses are nestled in the bows of the trees. It is nearly impossible for non-fey to notice the houses if the residents don't want to be seen. But when they are left alone, as usual, the Holimion fey often commune with one another walking from branch to branch or on the forest floor. There are no smithies in the Radiant Grove. There is, however, an inn and shop which sells magic items, mostly those things acquired from travelers. The meadow at the center of the grove serves as the closest alternative to a church. The priests of the Holimions are greatly revered but there are few customs surrounding them. There is a Rite of Passage where the initiate receives a headband identifying his priesthood. What few vows are taken are strictly followed.

Cliffside Temple
   An old withered Temple in the North East mountain range of Kartakas. Built into the cliff itself this structure is currently inhabited by human monks. No one knows who built the temple. When it was first discovered Goblins had been living there.  Although the monks in the area have been known to rescue travellers on occasion, the area is very dangerous. Frost Giants are common in the snowy peaks. Most natives in the Domain dont even know the Temple exists. Those that are aware of its location say that its suicide to go there.

Ice Forest
   The North Western region of Kartakas, boardering Sithicus the elf nation, is commonly reffered to as the Ice Forest. This is because the forest has been in a 100 year long winter. These ancient forests have many legends and tales about them. There has been countless battles, demons, and all kinds of creatures in the darkness. Ruins of ancient villages can still be found in the ice. Long ago armies of undead from Sithicus marched thrue these forests. Now a boogey man known to have burning eyes haunt these lands. Afew vigilent souls still guard this area. And some parts of the forest are still used for rights of passage by the young were wolf hunters.

The Old Kartakan Inn
   A famous inn built under a waterfall. Located in Skald, and residence of the Alpha known as MoonBane. This is where the Council meets to make its decisions. It has been decades since the council has met. But this is considered to be one of the safest and most secured buildings in the entire Domain.[/spoiler]

minor locations added
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 11:27:42 PM by dna1 »

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 12:51:52 PM »
K just thought I would post everyones character names and the speech color... along with real names. That way its easier to keep track of whos who :P
Still waiting on Johnnys character. Also him and Zane need to pick a text color.

Tyson: the one true emporer  :D  - Green
David: Archus - Purple
Jordan: Castren - Brown
Brenton: Brett - Teal
Josh: Felisia - Blue
Zane: Aurix - TBA
Johnny: Mil'miri - TBA

[spoiler]Reserved for game start[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 11:26:25 PM by dna1 »

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 12:41:04 PM »
K guys officially starting. My speach text will be in green as i said before. My story telling and average DM stuff will be in plain ol text. and all of my out of character stuff will be in (( these ))
Feel free to read everyones parts so we all know whats going on. Im starting you seperate but you will meet up very soon.
Try to post as frequently as possible  :D I know we are all busy so no pressure dudes. This is just for some fun after all  ;)

I encourage RPing between each other as well :D but I doubt I need to give any of you that speach haha

Archus
[spoiler]
Living at the old shrine is something most people would consider to be crazy.... But you have your reasons. You know about the artifacts locked deep in the ground here. Magic so powerfull that it frequently draws unwanted attention.
Every Fullmoon the "Lady Scavenger" comes snooping around the temple grounds. She has been searching for something methodically. She has been coming here for about 2 years, so you are pretty familiar with her. You have had to remove her by force many times. She is dangerous, but generally does not seem to want to harm you.
Four days ago afew young warriors from a pack in the Ice Forests visited the shrine. They told you of strange earthquakes and a green cloud in the mountains there. Apparently small bands of undead have been showing up in the forests, seemingly from no where. Elves from Sithicus have been travelling into the mountain range and never returning.
This brings you to tonight. Its spring, the sky is clear and it has been a comfortable summer. The breeze is warm, your outside the grounds keepers shack prepairing for what is likely to be a long night. Its the night of the FullMoon.

((Go ahead and make a spot check to notice a figure(Felisia) in the distance. DC-15))[/spoiler]

Felisia
[spoiler]
The journey has been long. After many battles and sleepless nights your finally nearing the shrine. You have just come over a ridge to see the ruins of Lights Bastion, you see the silhouette of towers from the holy shrine.
This area of the land feels different. It feels like your home in the grove... safe, comforting. But at the same time you can sense the darkness from the horizon seeping into the land.
Now that your here you can pay your respects to the heroes. And possibly dig up some information on your brother

((Spot check to notice a figure(Archus) in the ruins DC-20))[/spoiler]

Castren - Brett
[spoiler]((Jordan and Brenton you guys are starting togather. Your both elf so thats nice :) we will say you have been working with each other for about 6 months.  You are both part of a "pack" of protectors in the forest. While you only work directly with each other, you have many allies in the woods.))

Both of you-
Living in the Ice Forests is a harsh life. It has been winter here for nearly 100 years. For some reason this area of the domain is wild with magic. There has been many ancient battles here. It is very common for undead to seemingly appear out of no where. And your kin, the Elves of Sithicus have become strangers. Once strong allies to the heroes and people of Kartakas, lately they have started hunting your forests. But worse yet, it seems they are some how connected to the undead.
In the past two months there has been strange earthquakes in the mountain range to the north of the Forests. A strange green cloud is rumored to be abducting young were wolfs of the area.
This brings us to where we are currently. Its spring, mid-day and freezing :)
You both have been tracking a pack of undead to the Southern Edge of the forest. These undead have been acting strangely intelligent, and seem to be gaining numbers as they move. You have been chasing this particular group for about a week, and are actually about 1 days travel from the edge of the Ice Forests.

Castren-
Youve been having strange dreams lately of the BloodMoon Shrine. You have been seeing Jaspiris in your dreams there.. His eyes burning from in the darkness.

This brings us to where we are currently. You have Brett are split up. Right now you are looking over the corpses that Minerva made short work of. You recognize some of them to be afew teens from a small den of were-wolves. They are probly about 14-ish.. there is 5 corpses in all, you recognize the 2 of them.
While looking over the scene you hear a scream, or possibly a howl to the south, the direction Brett went.

((make a search check DC-20))

Brett-
You split off from Castren. These undead are dividing you up.. But you still managed to make short work of them with your throwing axe. You chased them for about 3 miles when they ambushed you in a snow field.
Now you in some what of a circle of blood and gore...
Your wiping the blade off and you hear a hair raising scream/howl in the forest to the south, which would be to your left.
((please make a spot check dc-17, also go ahead and make a listen check dc-20))[/spoiler]

Aurix
[spoiler]
Months ago a visitor came to see SpindleWine in the middle of the night. His timing was impecable because at the time you were in the forests gathering a rare flower that blooms under the full moon. A battle ensued, your not sure what happened exactly. You do know that Spindewines troll, Sniffles is gone. Every time you bring him up Spindle breaks down and crys :P and that the shop was torn up pretty bad. Since then Spindle has been working day and night brewing a special potion.
What Spindlewine tells you is that he is in a battle with evil. This evil can take any form, you will know it because it has eyes that burn like embers. This Fiend possessed Sniffles and retreated to the darkness. He needs you to go and find out what you can about this figure with the burning eyes. Spindlewine instructs you to seek the keeper at the blood shrine. He is a wise old man, and many strange things happen in that area.
That brings us to our current setting. Its spring, in the evening. Its a warm night and your some what tired from travelling for the last few days. You are about 6 hours travel from the shrine. Your sitting next to a cool stream taking a drink, when you feel something watching you.
((go ahead and make a spot check DC-15, and a listen check DC-15))[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:12:07 PM by dna1 »

einherjar

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 11:56:48 PM »
I got a total of 31 (20+11) on the spot check and 24 (12+12) on my listen check. I hoist Breaker (my hammer) into a ready position and call out, "Be ye friend or foe, come forth, and receive greetings or destruction!"

As you no doubt guessed, I will be speaking in red.
Till we meet again in Valhalla...

Calchexxis

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 01:27:08 AM »
Castren raises Minerva, nocking an arrow against the well-worn wood of the bow.

1d20+1=12

Silently he takes to the nearby tree's to get a broader view.

Move Silently: 1d20+9=17
Climb: 1d20+5=15
"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nutshell
and count myself king of infinite space
were it not that I have bad dreams..."

Hamlet, Act II

CrazyBS

• Email
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 01:37:23 AM »
Instinct takes over (Spot Check 1d20+14=22 vs DC-17) (Listen Check 1d20+14=32 vs DC-20) and he conceals himself nearby while assessing the situation (Hide Check 1d20+12=15) ... poorly.
What was that? (Thought format! not speech!)

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 02:22:40 AM »
Aurix
[spoiler]"Ahhh your senses are keen... The storys about you must be some what true. I must confess, what I have heard about you doesnt do your ugly appearence justice." A small silhouette slinks out from behind a tree in the distance. You see a dwarf, in a old tattered green cloak. He has a rugged bushy, red beard. The cowl of his cloak drawn low over his face. He appears to have a repeating crossbow held low, down on his left side.
"I will give you a chance to buy safe passage thru My woods. Make me an offer... He gives a short throaty growl and slowly shifts his stance to a more aggresive posture, bearing his crossbow out openly now.
((go ahead and make a knowledge check DC-15, and also a spot check same DC))[/spoiler]

Brett
[spoiler]Lightning fast you dive over into some of the snow. Unfortunately as I said in the previous post you were in a snow field, so there isnt any trees within 70 or so feet. Looking up over the bank to the forest line you see, A thick shell of clear green-tinged ice completely encases a desiccated human corpse, its yellowed teeth bared in a rictus of death. The huge mantle of icy armor makes this fearsome apparition the size of an ogre.
This icy creature appears to be bear hugging a elf that must of been waiting to ambush you in the forest line. You notice that the elf is being completely incased in ice. Almost like he is freezing from the inside out, a layer of frost is building on his skin. The creature drops the frozen corpse of the elf and turns to face you. Slowly it starts to glide towards you.
((go ahead and make two knowledge local checks, one is for your location, DC-10. one is for the monster DC-20))[/spoiler]

Castren
[spoiler]You make your way into the tree line, sneaking along. Minerva telepathically informs you of the situation.
"I can sense a very powerfull undead further ahead of us.. It has a evil taint that feels ancient, and deadly. Be carefull"
You dont actually see anything as of yet, but as you continue south the trees are becoming alittle more sparse, and as your approaching the edge of the Ice Forests the snow levels are going down. This area of the icelands is perfect for hunting.
((go ahead and make a spot dc-20, and a knowledge local dc-20))[/spoiler]

also guys for any posts that are going to be pretty long go ahead and use a spoiler. none have been really needed for you guys yet, but you might in the future  :P
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:27:05 AM by dna1 »

Calchexxis

• Email
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 02:45:28 AM »
Castren allows his eyes to dilate and focus, peering outwards

1d20+8=20 vs DC 20

I feel it too, I see something...

Hamlet, Act II

CrazyBS

• Email
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 02:46:13 AM »

Brett
[spoiler]Lightning fast you dive over into some of the snow. Unfortunately as I said in the previous post you were in a snow field, so there isnt any trees within 70 or so feet. Looking up over the bank to the forest line you see, A thick shell of clear green-tinged ice completely encases a desiccated human corpse, its yellowed teeth bared in a rictus of death. The huge mantle of icy armor makes this fearsome apparition the size of an ogre.
This icy creature appears to be bear hugging a elf that must of been waiting to ambush you in the forest line. You notice that the elf is being completely incased in ice. Almost like he is freezing from the inside out, a layer of frost is building on his skin. The creature drops the frozen corpse of the elf and turns to face you. Slowly it starts to glide towards you.
((go ahead and make two knowledge local checks, one is for your location, DC-10. one is for the monster DC-20))[/spoiler]

It's awfully cold...let me see, I'm near (Knowledge Check(location) DC-10 1d20+8=12) and I'm pretty sure that's a (Knowledge Check(monster) DC-20 1d20+8=25)

Calchexxis

• Email
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 02:51:18 AM »
OOC: Hey tyson, did you ever send that class for jaspris? E-mail is jalopez876@gmail.com

Hamlet, Act II

einherjar

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 03:03:37 AM »
Spot check 20 (9+11). What kind of knowledge check? The only knowledge I have is the planes, which I doubt applies to dwarven bandits, so I guess I fail with a 12 (12+0) unless it actually was the planes in which case it would be 16 (12+4). I will however, make an intimidate check of 24 (20+4). "You dare threaten a true son of Bahamut?!? I should crush thee for thy arrogance! Flee hence, wretch, lest ye taste of my wrath!" :shakefist
Till we meet again in Valhalla...

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 03:49:55 AM »
((jordan i just sent it to you, my email is shrilt@yahoo.com so expect that.
i will continue the story tomorrow, im bout to head into work for the night  :mad

ttyl guys))

bearofsmiting

• Email
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 11:58:04 AM »
Felisia, tired and ready for rest, sees Lights Bastion nearing. She remembered seeing it once in her childhood, but the cheerfulness that she once felt is now mixed with sadness. She had forgotten about the shrine's keeper, but notices him now as she approaches (Spot Roll (1d20=19) + 6 = 25).

[While waiting for the game start, some minor modifications have been made to Felisia, but nothing that will affect flavor.]
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:59:57 AM by bearofsmiting »
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Mahote

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 01:42:52 AM »
[Spot Check 1d20+4]=12
The old caretaker of the shrine strolls slowly through the grounds, lantern in hand stopping here and there to kick rocks off the paths or to brush vines off stone monuments.
*grumbles something under his breath*

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 03:42:52 AM »
Archus
[spoiler]As you thoughtfully tend to the grounds and slowly make your way through the site, you make your way to some of the less travelled areas near the other side of the ruines. This is the area that usually has trouble stirred up with the full moons. Tonight should be like clockwork, the lady scavenger usually shows up about an hour after sun down. So that gives you about 2 hours to prepare. Most of the time you have to remove the lady by force. She frequently tries to dig up this area.
((Make a listen check dc-20))[/spoiler]

Felisia
[spoiler]The figure slowly makes his way out of your sight, further into the ruines towards the keep. Its to far for you to notice any details of the figure really. You do see it appear to be cleaning up alittle bit. A closer look of the ruines shows no other signs of people here. Its about 2 hours until sun down, its the night of the full moon. You can feel the natural energys in the land slowly strengthening as the night draws near. As you hear an ominous pack of wolves howling deep in the forest, a cold breeze blows in from the north. It almost looks like the mists in the northern area of the forest far in the horizon, have a greenish tint to them.
((knowledge local or knowledge arcana dc-20))[/spoiler]

Aurix
[spoiler]The dwarf takes afew steps back. "Haha! Thats the spirit.."
1d20+4=20  ((roll for initiative))[/spoiler]

Brett
[spoiler]You seem to recall storys that some of the werewolves tell of a certain river thats frozen over. They say its haunted by the spirit of a powerfull shaman that fell through the ice and drowned there. Its known to avoid the river because the monster is fearsome. Your not really sure where that river is.. but you think youve stumbled across it.
The icey monster is slowly gliding towards you. Making no sound at all, the elf it killed is mostly covered in ice.. laying in the snow.
(( initative check )) 1d20=12 [/spoiler]

Castren
[spoiler]((you made the spot but didnt give me the knowledge local, go ahead and make the roll for that and if you succeed i posted the info in brentons already. also initiative check please.))
You peer deep through the forest and see in a clearing a ice covered creature gliding towards brett, who is about 50 further south. You also see several dead bodies in between them, apparently done in by brett, and one ice covered corpse behind the entombed.
1d20=12
[/spoiler]

bearofsmiting

• Email
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 04:09:51 AM »
Oh damn, he's gone around to the other side. I do hate meeting people at night. And I don't like the sound of those wolves.

With a flick of her wrist, an incensor appears in her hand from within the long sleeves of her elaborately beautiful kimono. It is already smoldering. Made of a luminous metal, the incensor has an intricately wrought symbol of the sun as its most prominent feature.

I wonder what those light are... (Knowledge (arcana) Roll (1d20=9)) Well, with any luck, I can meet this man and learn what I need to before the sun goes down.

She quickens her pace to a jog to intercept the man.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

CrazyBS

• Email
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 04:54:42 AM »
Looks like I'm going to have to fight this thing after all.

(( Hidden for space ))
[spoiler]
Initiative Check (1d20+7=27)

Brett stands at the ready sizing up his foe.

Castren! I could use your help!

(( If I go first: ))
[spoiler]
Brett jogs towards his enemy head on.  (( I'm assuming 50ft distance between us )).  Striding 30ft forward (move action), Brett elegantly spins his ancient axe at the icy monstrosity. (( Because I'm using a move action, I'll only get the one attack according to my research ))

Attack Roll (1d20+20=26)
(( If a hit: ))
[spoiler]Damage Roll (1d6+10=11)[/spoiler]

(( If I am more than 50ft distance, like 70ft ))
[spoiler]Drawing his swords (free action), Brett jogs towards his enemy and stands 10ft in front of him (double move action) preparing for battle.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:57:05 AM by CrazyBS »

Calchexxis

• Email
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 05:10:56 AM »
((Don't have knowledge local, and knowledge checks can't be made untrained so I couldn't roll it.))

Castren braces himself against the tree, noting his prey.

More empty graves to fill Minerva... Fly true

1d20+4=22 on Initiative

Hamlet, Act II